Author Topic: WunderStation App not updating  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Whitbyweather

• Whitby Weather
WunderStation App not updating
« on: February 01, 2020, 06:40:59 AM »

Hello, my station is not updating on the WunderStation App. It is working on my station, INORTHYO14, but the app has not updated for two days. Other stations nearby are also not updating. Anyone else having the same problem?  :sad:

Offline Whitbyweather

• Whitby Weather
Re: WunderStation App not updating
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »
Have reinstalled the app on my iPad and now I have a blank screen! What else can these people break!

Offline GCDoan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 08:57:51 AM »
Having the same issue. Wunderstation also seems to be gone from Apple App Store. . .

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »
WU dropped support of all older apps when it killed off the remaining legacy public API access this week.  It's dead, Jim.

Offline longmire

• Contributor
  • WD (latest) GRL3_2 WF TWI WR-25e Win10Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »
Yes - the ONE remaining app I used from them has been killed - rather than having bugs fixed and evolve with the new features of iOS or is it iPadOS?

Their ever-aggregating step parent company has also killed the public APIs that fed dozens of very creative Rainmeter weather skins as well - So it seems that a certain former senator's desire to completely PRIVATE ize public weather data continues its relentless march forwards.  #-o

All I want is an app that I can use as a proper dashboard on my phone and iPad as a "near" Real Time display of my own pws data. Is that SO much to ask!

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
All I want is an app that I can use as a proper dashboard on my phone and iPad as a "near" Real Time display of my own pws data. Is that SO much to ask!

Apparently, yes.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline longmire

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 01:38:36 PM »
awsum -

I love the statement badge from WU in your sig! It says soooo much in those two words - NO DATA   [tup]

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »

Apparently, yes.

It could be that App developers are opting to drop Apple- and Android-installed apps because they can do very similar things with a web app.  We could be seeing the evolution of the WU services into a web-based app, which makes maintenance of such app much more paleteable for the developer and owner of the service.  Dealing with Apple and the Play Store can be a pain.

Seems like a good plan, but the execution...well, that's another problem.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 01:56:15 PM »
I do NOT know if the app works for Apple products but for android the WS View app still works A-OK . Now is it real fancy no ,  but it updates itself ever 20 to 30 seconds . But that's as on now so who knows in a couple of day's what will happen !!! All I had to do was add my WU station and boom it's worked ever since that .

PS it's also free !!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 02:01:51 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline longmire

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »
Mabcmb --

THANK YOU! - Yes it works on iOS 13 on the iphone - and it provides quick current info - exactly what I want on the phone. Yes- it's interface is not so pretty, but it works much prettier than what WU does - so there's that!

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 02:23:20 PM »
Mabcmb --

THANK YOU! - Yes it works on iOS 13 on the iphone - and it provides quick current info - exactly what I want on the phone. Yes- it's interface is not so pretty, but it works much prettier than what WU does - so there's that!

Your very welcome glad it works with the IOS products .

Offline glospete

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »
I tried to use WunderStation today on my iPad but was faced with the message “This App Has Retired”. I can still see my weather data on their other iPad app Wunderground but that has less detail than the other but more critically I can’t now see my Weather Webcam which is registered to my PWS. Have they finally switched off the ability to see webcam data (remember they tried to do it once before)?

Offline cmg

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 07:44:57 PM »
I tried to use WunderStation today on my iPad but was faced with the message “This App Has Retired”. I can still see my weather data on their other iPad app Wunderground but that has less detail than the other but more critically I can’t now see my Weather Webcam which is registered to my PWS. Have they finally switched off the ability to see webcam data (remember they tried to do it once before)?

Hi
Same here, "this App has retired" and the one on appstore is for ios 12 or later. And what for those who cannot upgrade the IOS? Buy another ipad just to run the app? Thanks but no.
This is my first and and last contact with ipad's, ios, and Apple products.
Regards

Offline njcanuck

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »
Yup, just happened to me too “App has Retired” - Grrrrr!  Found PWS MONITOR app which isn’t too bad but I really liked the old WunderStation.  PWS Monitor appears to provide the latest static readings but nothing dynamic.

Offline longmire

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 10:01:12 AM »
yep - it seems that the weather has indeed gone underground - permanently!

Offline ScotlandFlorida

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 10:36:53 AM »
I went to the Wunderground website today and requested that they bring back the WunderStation for the iPad and add it for the iPhone.  It was the best of their Apps for PWS folks.  I request that all who would like to have the WunderStation back, please do the same.  If they respond that they are going to put the WunderStation Features in the next WunderGround App, that is NOT a good solution.  Probably millions of people use the WunderGround App who do not have a PWSs.  We PWSs folks should have our own App.  Thanks,  Don S.