Author Topic: BO Signals and Specturm displays are back!!!  (Read 656 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
BO Signals and Specturm displays are back!!!
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:02:26 AM »
Just noticed on the BO website that the User Data displays are back again.  :grin: I see both the signals and the Spectrum.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: BO Signals and Specturm displays are back!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:35:12 AM »
Yep!
(Click to enlarge)

Now, my project between now and Spring for will be updating the 'old' http://frankfortweather.us/BoStaSig
sources to reflect changes.  That Region 3 'subsite' had apparently helped may of us optimize our stations last summer.
Note that some of the currently listed stations are working under the older code, not all,
and it's not likely to be permanent.... Also most of the newer stations on BO net aren't implemented...
that is, those who activated after 09/14/2014 ± (arrgggh... dread that updating),...

Possibly integrating with an experimental concept http://frankfortweather.us/mapper/
Only KY, OH, TN, and Lonesome Stan in Maui are currently active on the test mapper

Matter of fact, this current data sourcing may not be permanent.  Egon has more refinement and work to do, and
there are a couple of bugs. (e.g. 'sig/noise'?)  Also, I don't think "Green" stations are included, for now, in the 'revived' BO page signal...
...or weren't at the time Egon 'reactivated'... some such, anyway. I think there is also some signal info the developers
would like to have displayed... so this is likely not the "permanent" version by any means...

It's possible we will go through something similar as 3rd generation BO system  ("Blue"?  :-" ) releases in Spring/Summer 2015
as that system will supply some different signals and processing...

Mike