Author Topic: Need of Automated: Browse > Export  (Read 726 times)

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Need of Automated: Browse > Export
« on: October 26, 2019, 10:40:02 PM »
I will explain what I need by describing what I do to be as clear as possible:

1) I go to the browse window and click Browse, then click Export Records...
2) Then I select 2019 and click OK this is saved to a file called - 2019 Data.txt
3) I then open a Excel spreadsheet which has a Get Data Connection to the above listed 2019 Data.txt file. This connection automatically throws the data in a table. I then run data analysis on the references to table. With the Get Data Connection it is as if my Excel spreadsheet is running live off of WeatherLink PC. If only I could some how automate step 1 and 2 above.

I have looked at the htx help file but i does not look like I can can get the data downloaded YTD like steps 1 and 2 above.

So the questions is can Weatherlink PC htx download do what is necessary for my needs.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Randall

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:28:41 AM by Randall Kayfes »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Need of Automated: Browse > Export
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 11:15:30 PM »
Use a macro-like scripting language like AutoIt
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:03:15 PM »
Greetings, I tried autoit again and am running into the same problem - WeatherLink.exe puts the date and time into window name which means every minute the window name changes...
So every minute the autoit loses track of which program you want to automate...

If Davis never would have put the date/time in the window title AutoIt would work perfectly - Unless I am missing some kind of wild card entry that can keep the script running.

Randall

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »
Are you using WinTitleMatchMode?  It offers wildcard functions. More info at https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/windowsadvanced.htm
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 04:38:19 PM »
Greetings I know it has been a while but here is what I found out
  • Davis did confirm the most I could get out of WL PC was one week which was over written each download with the 8th day deleted
  • Bushman was right in pushing me back to AutoIt (completely free). I finally slugged through it and was extremely pleased with the results.

The script was of intermediate skill as windows never makes it that easy to automate and there are some special calls need to open excel to the proper workbook.
I am very willing to give up my script to anyone interested and will even customize it if you need.

Bushman Thank you very much I did not know about WinTitleMatchMode - very awesome!!!

Randall
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 05:39:50 PM by Randall Kayfes »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
Glad I was able to help!  I used to use it a lot where I did not have Unix tools.  And it is nice of you to offer the Autoit script.  :)

anything