Author Topic: Wifilogger v2 not uploading historical data  (Read 968 times)

Offline StJohnC

Wifilogger v2 not uploading historical data
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:27:05 AM »
Hi, I have a V2 logger and VP2 wireless console and a WeatherLink Pro account. Working fine until two days ago when lost the historical data on WeatherLink. Can see live data, but the trends stop two days ago. Can see the trends on the console so data exists, just not getting to WeatherLink. Tried reset (white button) and setup (red button) and power off, no change. Wifi  and router connections all look good on the reports and as I say, can see live data on WeatherLink. Any ideas?  Is there a way to completely reset the wifilogger?
Thanks in advance.
John

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Wifilogger v2 not uploading historical data
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 11:03:06 AM »
Hi,
Presume you have included www.weatherlink.com in the Export settings.  Do you have any other export settings, and if so are they working?

It has been a long time since I set up my WiFiLogger but perhaps hWiFiLogger - the finest data logger may be helpful.
You have double checked the WiFiLogger settings

Also not fully understanding with the terminology - I presume with live data and console you mean the Bulletin page, and with trends you mean Charts, is that correct? and you can see the Bulletin with current data and time but can't see the Data or Charts?

Can you share your Bulletin link?  Mine with WiFiLogger is [size=78%]is [/size]Bulletin: KomokaWeather (weatherlink.com)

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline StJohnC

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 11:19:18 AM »
Thanks for inputs.
Yes, weatherlink is setup, and I had previously found and used the page in your link to upgrade the firmware just in case, but that made no difference.
Everything was working fine and then stopped for some reason - only thing I can think of remotely connected was I had issues with the router for another application as was resetting multiple times around the time the data stopped, but that part of the process seems to be working fine....
Apologies about terminology, you are correct, bulletin is fine, data and charts are not.
link to bulletin below - on closer inspection I see the barometer is fixed at the 'old' reading and is not updating to the live setting - other parameters are live.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/8fa39872-ad4c-4d90-9104-8897e903e026

John

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 11:28:16 AM »
Hi John,
Your Pro subscription hasn't lapsed by chance?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline StJohnC

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 11:32:32 AM »
Good thought, but for once I’m fully paid up!!
Don’t send data anywhere else so can’t check that   

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:43:42 AM »
I have temporarily Shared KomokaWeather Live, just so you can check to make sure Data and Charts work for you.  This isn't the WiFiLogger but I don't have that on Pro unless I exchange with the Live station.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline StJohnC

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 11:53:05 AM »
Thanks, but not quite sure what you mean?
If i look at charts or data from your bulletin link it tells me I need to upgrade the device to further pro options?
John

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »
Hi John,
I have Shared as ProShare so you should be able to see the Data and Charts, at least some other WL.com users have been able to, and I have been able to view other's Data and Charts after they ProShared.  But from WL.com info you shouldn't need a Pro account to read another's ProShared station.  Would you mind sharing me and I'll see what happens.

p.s. your Bulletin data is updating per minute except barometer, as you said, hasn't changed in the whole chart.  Is it perhaps a faulty reading that is stopping it?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline StJohnC

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 12:17:04 PM »
Sorry, not an expert on this.
I can see you stations on the iphone app, and trend data, but only the bulletin on the PC version.

How do I share with you - do I need your WL ID?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 01:07:01 PM »
Hi John,
No you don't need any ID, just need to find and select the station/owner.  On your weatherlink.com bulletin page select Share and Uploads, then Share and Add Share, enter KomokaWeather Live (not KomokaWeather as this is not on the Pro account) in the search.  Hopefully my station will appear and select it to show my name and station and accept that.  This will take one of your 6 available shares.  You can remove the share whenever you want - just doing it now for testing.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline StJohnC

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 01:17:05 PM »
Hmm, that's where I had been looking and nothing came up.
Just checked with another local station and worked fine.
Strange

Re barometer reading, although frozen on the graph/data page, the actual VP2 console is showing a different value.
I tried resetting the update frequency as it says that clears the memory (and loses the missing data I know but that it is not critical), hoping it might unblock something, but no joy.

Offline StJohnC

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 03:07:54 PM »
Success!!
But I'm not sure why......!!

Checked and found I was actually sending data to wunderground as well, and that has a complete history so points towards a weatherlink issue.

Reset the data interval (properly this time, forgot the tick box previously), which cleared the history, and now seeing data both in weatherlink and wunderground.
Not sure why this would fix the weatherlink issue, or what it was, but presumably something to do with the 'stuck' barometer reading even though this was not 'stuck' on wunderground.

Also not sure why I cannot share with, or see, KomokaWeather Live even though I can see local stations - something to do with country maybe as I am in Scotland?

Anyway, thanks for your time and efforts, much appreciated!

John

anything