Author Topic: Davis UV sensor calibration  (Read 1767 times)

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Davis UV sensor calibration
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »
I've been doing some UV work and remembered that Davis has calibration recommendations for the sensors. The manual states "... approximately 2% drift per year.  For applications demanding higher accuracy, the sensors should be calibrated once every year."

Their sensor maintenance page says they should be calibrated every 3 years.

For the record, the calibration is $80 + $12 shipping. According to the tech I just spoke with, UV calibration is included in the now $140 station refurb.

Offline WeatherRick2

Re: Davis UV sensor calibration
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 01:40:28 PM »
Is calibration of the UV sensor possibly a DIY item.  Has anyone done it or do you have to send it in?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 02:23:18 PM »
AFAIK, calibration is done by reference to a high-end reference UV sensor. So unless you have access to such a reference sensor then you cannot even begin the process.

And, don't quote me on this, but I suspect that if you return your sensor to Davis then it will go into a pool of older sensors for recalibration and your sensor will get replaced with one that's been through the recalibration process and checked out thoroughly.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 07:52:12 AM »
Can a UK citizen get their UV sensor calibrated?