Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151450 times)

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.10
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
Hello,

I upgraded to the latest v of WD. Now my web page keeps showing New Record High. I believe this has to do with WD as 6.10 was working fine before. Any suggestions.

Another questions is there a way to show the heat index or wind chill (either shows based on threshold set) under the Currently outside temperature. The NWS uses heat index and windchill and not feels like. I would like those indexes to show instead of feels like in that place on the web page. Please advise.

http://lebanontnwx.org

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline staccermaccer

• Weather in Ekeren and Port of Antwerp
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
Hi, Scott,

If i shut the java engine down in FF then it gives the right CC-icon, so i think it must have to do something with the ajaxWdwx.js or is this wrong?

Thanks for the help so far!

Staccermaccer.

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »
Did you go through all the settings in ajaxWDwx-settings.js and verify that they match your setup?  If you think of java as a separate program that does nothing but update readings, then remember that all the settings in the main script (The PHP stuff) has to be the same in the Java stuff.   Your setup file for the java has a number of settings that may need to be tinkered with to make it all update right.

Scott

Hi, Scott,

If i shut the java engine down in FF then it gives the right CC-icon, so i think it must have to do something with the ajaxWdwx.js or is this wrong?

Thanks for the help so far!

Staccermaccer.
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
If your station doesn't have 2 years of history, then in the config file for the dashboard find this line:

Code: [Select]
$useSTAhilo = true;           // Set to True for Station High/Low (Must have 2 years data to use) or False for WU High/Low
And set it to false.  Otherwise it will have a new high or low every day till you get 2 years of history. 

As for changing the feels like, yes it's possible, you would have to replace the code in that spot to include either the windchill or the heat index. 

Scott

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest v of WD. Now my web page keeps showing New Record High. I believe this has to do with WD as 6.10 was working fine before. Any suggestions.

Another questions is there a way to show the heat index or wind chill (either shows based on threshold set) under the Currently outside temperature. The NWS uses heat index and windchill and not feels like. I would like those indexes to show instead of feels like in that place on the web page. Please advise.

http://lebanontnwx.org

Thanks,
Bob
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »
Hi Scott,

Thank you I will make the change to false for the high and low.

Yes, I would like to make the change with the feels like temperature, how would I do that and what code would I replace with what code?

Thanks,

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2011, 10:55:21 PM »
You will want to look for this code around line 420:

<?php langtrans('Feels like'); ?>:&nbsp;<span class="ajax" id="ajaxfeelslike">
  <?php echo strip_units($feelslike) . $uomTemp?>

and replace it with:

<?php langtrans('Heat Index'); ?>:&nbsp;<span class="ajax" id="ajaxheati">
                  <?php  echo strip_units($heati) . $uomTemp?>

You can do the same for windchill

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you I will make the change to false for the high and low.

Yes, I would like to make the change with the feels like temperature, how would I do that and what code would I replace with what code?

Thanks,

Bob

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
Hi Scott,

Thank you. I did as suggested. The heat index shows when the page loads but when the descrpitive word appears the value changes to the feels like temperature. In this heat index is 91 but the feels like is 104. So it works momentarily then as mentioned when the descriptive word appears it shows the fees like. Must be another place in the script that needs changing also. Please advise.

Also you mentioned windchill is this a new line to add or where is it found.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »
Make sure that the id in the changed line is:  ajaxheati  You may want to double check that line.

In the winder months you will need to change the code to put in the windchill code or it would have to have some more programming to shitch between the two.

Hi Scott,

Thank you. I did as suggested. The heat index shows when the page loads but when the descrpitive word appears the value changes to the feels like temperature. In this heat index is 91 but the feels like is 104. So it works momentarily then as mentioned when the descriptive word appears it shows the fees like. Must be another place in the script that needs changing also. Please advise.

Also you mentioned windchill is this a new line to add or where is it found.

Thanks,

Bob

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #483 on: June 19, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
Hi Scott,

Here is the code. I beleive I have it correct. Results are it shows until the descriptive word appears then it goes to a much higher reading which is commomly the feels like temperature.

<?php langtrans('Heat Index'); ?>:&nbsp;<span class="ajax" id="ajaxheati">
           <?php echo strip_units($heati) . $uomTemp; ?>

Please advise. Thanks.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #484 on: June 19, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »
Actually, I forgot to mention that you will also need to remove the line right below that:

<span class="ajax" id="ajaxheatcolorword"><?php  echo $heatcolourword?></span><br/>
That is what is still putting in the colored word

Scott

Hi Scott,

Here is the code. I beleive I have it correct. Results are it shows until the descriptive word appears then it goes to a much higher reading which is commomly the feels like temperature.

<?php langtrans('Heat Index'); ?>:&nbsp;<span class="ajax" id="ajaxheati">
           <?php echo strip_units($heati) . $uomTemp; ?>

Please advise. Thanks.

Bob

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
Hi Scott,

I did as instructed (removed the wording line) and that did not work. Instead of showing a Feels like temperature of 107 and extremely hot it is showing 107 feels like and now the descriptive word is warm. The descriptive word is not the issue. I would like the descriptive word to continue to show. The problem is the Heat index in WD, WL and on the webpage say it is 97or 96. The value on the web page under the current temperature shows a 'feels like' of 107 n o the heat index of 96 or 97. The heat index never made it to 107 today so it cannot be showing the high heat index as that was 103. So the issue is I made the changes and instead of the heat index showing in place of the feels like temperature it appears I am still getting the feels like temperature and now with the wrong descriptive word. Any ideas? I appreciate your patience and help.

Best regards,

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #486 on: June 20, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
Send me your ajax-dashboard6.php file because if you removed the right lines and added the right lines it's impossible that it is still showing that, that is what was removed and replaced!  :shock:

Scott

Hi Scott,

I did as instructed (removed the wording line) and that did not work. Instead of showing a Feels like temperature of 107 and extremely hot it is showing 107 feels like and now the descriptive word is warm. The descriptive word is not the issue. I would like the descriptive word to continue to show. The problem is the Heat index in WD, WL and on the webpage say it is 97or 96. The value on the web page under the current temperature shows a 'feels like' of 107 n o the heat index of 96 or 97. The heat index never made it to 107 today so it cannot be showing the high heat index as that was 103. So the issue is I made the changes and instead of the heat index showing in place of the feels like temperature it appears I am still getting the feels like temperature and now with the wrong descriptive word. Any ideas? I appreciate your patience and help.

Best regards,

Bob

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #487 on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:20 AM »
Hi Scott,

Should I include it as an attachment or can I e-mail it to you. Please advise.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
Hi Scott,

I've got an "UV Summary/Forecast" error in today's forecast of 11.5; however the code want's to display a UV12.gif (that I don't have).  I've seen this a few times over the last several weeks.  Where can I get a UV12.gif from?

Thanks,
Jerry-
http://www.lakemaryweather.com
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Davis 6153 Wireless Vantage Pro2 / 6316 Wireless Weather Envoy
Weatherlink * VirtualIP * StartWatch * Windows Display * Windows Display Live

I also host my own CentOS (Linux) Apache WEB Server

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
I've got an "UV Summary/Forecast" error in today's forecast of 11.5; however the code want's to display a UV12.gif (that I don't have).  I've seen this a few times over the last several weeks.  Where can I get a UV12.gif from?
Had the same problem here. From Scott...
Quick fix will be to make a copy of the UV11.JPG and call it UV12.
The rounding issue is rounding up the 11.5 to 12.
Yes, you will still see the 11+ graphic (there is no UV12 graphic at this time), but at least it won't be blank or throw an error.
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »
For now, that is going to be the official fix for this as there is no UV12 (it only goes to 11+ officially) and it's a rounding error.  I will add an icon for 12 that will just read 11+ too.

Scott

Yes, you will still see the 11+ graphic (there is no UV12 graphic at this time), but at least it won't be blank or throw an error.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #491 on: June 21, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
Either is fine, my email is available by clicking on the mail icon under my name or attach here but rename it to .txt from .php

Hi Scott,

Should I include it as an attachment or can I e-mail it to you. Please advise.

Bob

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2011, 06:47:29 PM »
Hi Scott,

There is no e-mail under your name. I beleive you have your e-mail on hidden.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »
Scott (and John),

Thanks for the workaround...  No more missing gif file :-)

For now, that is going to be the official fix for this as there is no UV12 (it only goes to 11+ officially) and it's a rounding error.  I will add an icon for 12 that will just read 11+ too.

Scott

Jerry-
http://www.lakemaryweather.com
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Davis 6153 Wireless Vantage Pro2 / 6316 Wireless Weather Envoy
Weatherlink * VirtualIP * StartWatch * Windows Display * Windows Display Live

I also host my own CentOS (Linux) Apache WEB Server

Offline n3ouc

• Contributor
    • Air Products Campus Weather
« Reply #494 on: June 21, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
File attached.

Just at a first glance, I believe your image directory is incorrect in the file. You have ajax-images/ and in actuality that cannot be a directory. You would need to have ./ajax-images/   Just at a quick glance I found that. I will look at the rest of the file a little closer.

Take Care,
Mike
Mike Stanton
Air Products Campus Weather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #495 on: June 22, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »
File attached.

Here is what happens when I put your exact file into my website, untouched, exactly as you sent it to me:  (See Image)

Scott

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
Hi Scott,

Thank you for looking into this. Ok so what might I have running that would cause this? I still have my original ajax-dashboard file in the same directory could that be the cause. If not what might I have different somewhere else that is causing this? You can see from my website what I am getting and I see your results. I am new to php etc. so I have been following the lead I get from you and others. When I had the orginal dashboard Ken gave me code to use the heat index and windchill instead of feels like. If the current setup still use the orginal in addition to 6 could that be the issue? Please advise.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
Bob,

The only thing I can think of is you are not calling ajax-dashboard6.php from your index.php file.  You are probably calling the same file name without the 6 in it.  The best way to test it is to rename the other dashboard file on your server and see if it still loads.  My guess it that it won't.  Edit your index.php to load the new file name and it should run.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you for looking into this. Ok so what might I have running that would cause this? I still have my original ajax-dashboard file in the same directory could that be the cause. If not what might I have different somewhere else that is causing this? You can see from my website what I am getting and I see your results. I am new to php etc. so I have been following the lead I get from you and others. When I had the orginal dashboard Ken gave me code to use the heat index and windchill instead of feels like. If the current setup still use the orginal in addition to 6 could that be the issue? Please advise.

Bob

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Hi Scott,

That was it. Index.php was not calling 6. Sucess.

Anyway to get the wording back and still have the heat index show. Also is there a way to have the wind chill show when there is a wind chill temeprature. I know you said I would have to make a manul change but if it could be automated that would be great. Let me know.

Agin many thanks for your help (putting up with newbies). This is a great script keep up the good work!!!

Best regards,

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
Bob,

I'll look into making it an option on the next version.  If the sun makes an appearance here sometime in the next few months I plan to spend a lot of time outside and not programming but right now thats not looking promising so a new version may happen sooner then later.  If I walked out into my backyard I'd sink in the grass it's so wet!   #-o

Scott

Hi Scott,

That was it. Index.php was not calling 6. Sucess.

Anyway to get the wording back and still have the heat index show. Also is there a way to have the wind chill show when there is a wind chill temeprature. I know you said I would have to make a manul change but if it could be automated that would be great. Let me know.

Agin many thanks for your help (putting up with newbies). This is a great script keep up the good work!!!

Best regards,

Bob

anything