Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151317 times)

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.10
« Reply #450 on: June 07, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »
Scott,
What generates the current conditions icon on alt-dash originate. Just got solar/vu sensors for my Davis. Trying to figure out WD solar noon, hours of sunglight, etc.
Thanks
Ed
There is a setting in WD to use you solar readings for current conditions, its under the main setup I believe.  WD controls that icon based on how you have that set (metar at night usually)

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline WraxallDave

« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2011, 06:27:48 AM »
Hi Scott,

Have you got an answer for post

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=9538.msg112072#msg112072

The last I heard you said the language type was not being picked up and you were going to look at it that weekend.

Also the wind direction was being translated in making up the icon wind direction.

Thanks, Dave

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #452 on: June 08, 2011, 07:42:54 AM »
Have you got an answer for post

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=9538.msg112072#msg112072

The last I heard you said the language type was not being picked up and you were going to look at it that weekend.

Also the wind direction was being translated in making up the icon wind direction.
Dave,

I haven't had a chance to really dive into the issue and find a solution yet, have been spending weekends with family taking care of my dad.  I hope to find some time to work on more things soon.

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline giggietto

« Reply #453 on: June 08, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
Hi, It's possible for you update the ajax dashboard with this script?

http://css-tricks.com/using-weather-data-to-change-your-websites-apperance-through-php-and-css/

Someone it made it?

www.sinnaimeteo.altervista.org

I have problem with weather icon condition, metar work wrong e I don't have a solar sensor.

Thanx

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #454 on: June 08, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
Hi, It's possible for you update the ajax dashboard with this script?

http://css-tricks.com/using-weather-data-to-change-your-websites-apperance-through-php-and-css/

Someone it made it?

www.sinnaimeteo.altervista.org

I have problem with weather icon condition, metar work wrong e I don't have a solar sensor.

Thanx

I don't think I would have the time to do the changes there for at least a few months, I have too much going on right now.  I'll take a look at your site if you post the link and see if I can see anything but it's likely that you have to work with Weather Display settings to get it set correctly for your location, the dashboard just displays the icon based on what Weather Display sets.

Scott

Offline staccermaccer

• Weather in Ekeren and Port of Antwerp
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »
Hi, guys

Have been a week in Spain, i just had to fill in the full paths for the wordpress-add-on, thats why you see the full paths, but you gave me a hint and i will look into it, be back later, i also changed the ajaxWDwx.js version to the one you mensioned, but to no avail.....

Thanks so far,

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »
I just noticed an issue I am having on my new 6.10 Dashboard that I haven't noticed until now. It has been working great but I just noticed that my dashboard is showing "Snow" instead of "Rain" at the top of the 2nd Column. :oops:

www.carolinastormwatch.com

I guess this has been like this since I upgraded a couple of weeks ago; I know there must be a simple fix for this but I must be overlooking it. 6.09 was correct.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated!

No one has a possible solution??? Snow has set to false, not sure where else to look.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:32:25 PM by stormwatch »
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #457 on: June 14, 2011, 04:36:20 AM »
All,

I am having that problem to, and i am still having this weird problem with my current condition icon too, and now my cloud-base is following the cc-icon, is this normal or? At night everything is normal :sad:

Take a look here www.akker.be/car/ajax-dashboardbekan.php

Marc,

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #458 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »
It appears you are running the dashboard as a stand alone.  You can't run it stand alone, it needs to be run as part of the ajax-dashboard system to work correctly.

Scott

All,

I am having that problem to, and i am still having this weird problem with my current condition icon too, and now my cloud-base is following the cc-icon, is this normal or? At night everything is normal :sad:

Take a look here www.akker.be/car/ajax-dashboardbekan.php

Marc,

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »
As I said in a message yesterday, the problem is you are using a old version of Testtags.php.  It doesn't have the needed tags to run the script you are trying to use.

Scott

I just noticed an issue I am having on my new 6.10 Dashboard that I haven't noticed until now. It has been working great but I just noticed that my dashboard is showing "Snow" instead of "Rain" at the top of the 2nd Column. :oops:

I guess this has been like this since I upgraded a couple of weeks ago; I know there must be a simple fix for this but I must be overlooking it. 6.09 was correct.

No one has a possible solution??? Snow has set to false, not sure where else to look.

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2011, 01:56:59 PM »
Hello,

I just took the dashboard.php, sorry :oops:, this is the correct URL:http://www.akker.be/car/index.php
The cc-icon gives always the same description though the icon is correct? And the cloudbase-php follows the description.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:01:23 PM by staccermaccer »

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
As I said in a message yesterday, the problem is you are using a old version of Testtags.php.  It doesn't have the needed tags to run the script you are trying to use.

Scott

Hi Scott. I appreciate you looking at the problem. Like I said yesterday though 6.08, 6.09 worked fine with the textags I currently have but I guess for some reason it caught up with me. I always included the new tags that you had suggested be added with each new Version.

Do you or does someone else have the newest Version of texttags that I should be using with Scott's ajaxDashboard6.10?? I would appreciate any assistance on this I could get. Been trying to find them on the Forum but I guess I am just not looking in the correct place.

Thanks for the help!! :grin:

Edit: Staccermaccer that is the EXACT problem that I am experiencing! ](*,)

Tom
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:01:42 PM by stormwatch »
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #462 on: June 14, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »
You can find it from KEN attached to a message in this thread:

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,40861.0.html

As I said in a message yesterday, the problem is you are using a old version of Testtags.php.  It doesn't have the needed tags to run the script you are trying to use.

Scott

Hi Scott. I appreciate you looking at the problem. Like I said yesterday though 6.08, 6.09 worked fine with the textags I currently have but I guess for some reason it caught up with me. I always included the new tags that you had suggested be added with each new Version.

Do you or does someone else have the newest Version of texttags that I should be using with Scott's ajaxDashboard6.10?? I would appreciate any assistance on this I could get. Been trying to find them on the Forum but I guess I am just not looking in the correct place.

Thanks for the help!! :grin:

Edit: Staccermaccer that is the EXACT problem that I am experiencing! ](*,)

Tom

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #463 on: June 14, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »
Thanks for all your assistance Scott! I definitely owe you a donation for all of your hard work with all of these scripts. Hopefully, when/if I get a new Kidney later this year I will be able to get rid of all of (or most) of these medical bills and be able to pay forward for all of the help I have received from so many people. Kind of tough right now..LOL :grin:

Well, I have updated my testtags but the problem exists. Still showing snow on the main dashboard. I'm sure it is a mistake somewhere on my part because everyone else seems to be fine. It just popped up when I moved from 6.09 to 6.10. I'll keep looking for the culprit!!

Just a quick question that I don't think has any bearing on this because I have never had a problem before but in the texttags the conditions are all "gif" and I use jpg or png" images. Could this possibly affect anything with your scripts??

EDIT: PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:30:19 PM by stormwatch »
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #464 on: June 15, 2011, 02:14:21 AM »
Hi, stormwatch,

Can you give me the solution to your problem because it's similar to mine and i would like to have a stab at it too? The testtags from Ken are much older than the one i use, and it worked before with my version, so  ](*,), so i am looking forward to your reply! About your illness, I was almost in the same case as you because i have mesangial glomerulonefritis, but luckily it was pushbacked with some heavy chemo and cortisone. So good luck to you anyway!!

Staccermaccer
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:48:53 AM by staccermaccer »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #465 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:02 AM »
I see how you fixed the issue, looks good!  How version 6.xx works is the middle section is either snow or lightning.  There is no shutoff for it.  The only thing you can do if you don't ever want either is to change that section to something else.  I didn't know what to put in there so I didn't leave any other option as setable. 

Hope things go good with the kidney, I know that can be a real tough time.

Scott

Thanks for all your assistance Scott! I definitely owe you a donation for all of your hard work with all of these scripts. Hopefully, when/if I get a new Kidney later this year I will be able to get rid of all of (or most) of these medical bills and be able to pay forward for all of the help I have received from so many people. Kind of tough right now..LOL :grin:

Well, I have updated my testtags but the problem exists. Still showing snow on the main dashboard. I'm sure it is a mistake somewhere on my part because everyone else seems to be fine. It just popped up when I moved from 6.09 to 6.10. I'll keep looking for the culprit!!

Just a quick question that I don't think has any bearing on this because I have never had a problem before but in the texttags the conditions are all "gif" and I use jpg or png" images. Could this possibly affect anything with your scripts??

EDIT: PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!!!

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #466 on: June 15, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
Hi, stormwatch,

Can you give me the solution to your problem because it's similar to mine and i would like to have a stab at it too? The testtags from Ken are much older than the one i use, and it worked before with my version, so  ](*,), so i am looking forward to your reply! About your illness, I was almost in the same case as you because i have mesangial glomerulonefritis, but luckily it was pushbacked with some heavy chemo and cortisone. So good luck to you anyway!!

Staccermaccer

Hi,

I basically did what Scott told me that I needed to do. Go to the link that he provided above on the Weather-Watch Forum and download texttags.txt (Version 1.06) and I also downloaded the testtags.php.txt (rename to texttags.php). Close down and exit Weather Display. Go into your wdisplay File and find Webfiles. Find testtags.txt and testtags.php and delete both files. Put your new V1.06 testtags.txt file in there along with your testtags.php file. Ken's testtags.php is already written with info so it will take a several seconds for the texttags.txt to overwrite the info in the php file so don't give up if the info is not corrected on your dashboard immediately.

I'll be honest; I had no problem with my texttags with Scott's Version 6.08 and 6.09 for some reason but it caught up with me in V6.10. I thought that I had added all the correct texttags as his instructions indicated with each upgrade but apparently my new tags were being overwritten with old info. There are a couple of people that were having this issue earlier in the thread. I remembered that they also downloaded the texttags into the wdisplay main folder also and had no problem after that. Didn't want to take ANY chances so I downloaded a copy of the txt file into wdisplay just to cover ALL my bases just in case because there was already a testtags.txt file in the main folder.

That is a DETAILED guide to exactly what I did and it corrected the issue; hope this solves your problem. Please let me know if this corrects your problem. Have a great day!

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #467 on: June 16, 2011, 03:17:05 AM »
OK, i will try that! No succes...It even got worse! My dashboard stays in nightmode now, does not display rain, and is still not giving the right CC-icon, I'll give up #-o, switching back to the 6.00 beta, and re-continue my search of what went wrong!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:12:22 AM by staccermaccer »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #468 on: June 16, 2011, 07:41:32 AM »
OK, i will try that! No succes...It even got worse! My dashboard stays in nightmode now, does not display rain, and is still not giving the right CC-icon, I'll give up #-o, switching back to the 6.00 beta, and re-continue my search of what went wrong!

Maybe if you post a link to your site I can help figure out what is the problem.  Did you add in the additional tags to the version 1.06 Testtags.txt file too?  You need to do both. 

Scott

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #469 on: June 16, 2011, 12:22:51 PM »
Hi, Scott,

It has nothing to do with the testtags because i tried the new one and it even got worse, it gave 75 degrees in the tab in FF, no rain and some few more hiccups! I changed back to the previous version i had saved, and the rain and °t reappeared back. I will enclose the testtags, the ajaxWDwx and the ajax-dashboard? When i disable my java-script in FF the right CC- icon appears and stays, but in English, so not translated, though it is in the language.js file..Also the Cloudbase.php is still listening to something else??

Staccermaccer,
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:37:38 PM by staccermaccer »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #470 on: June 16, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »
Hi, Scott,

It has nothing to do with the testtags because i tried the new one and it even got worse, it gave 75 degrees in the tab in FF, no rain and some few more hiccups! I changed back to the previous version i had saved, and the rain and °t reappeared back. I will enclose the testtags, the ajaxWDwx and the ajax-dashboard? When i disable my java-script in FF the right CC- icon appears and stays, but in English, so not translated, though it is in the language.js file..Also the Cloudbase.php is still listening to something else??

Staccermaccer,

Your testtags file is jammed packed with duplicate tags and is still missing tags that are supposed to be added for version 6.xx.  I really can't do anything more to help you without seeing what you have (a link to your site).

My suggestion:  Delete your current testtags.txt file.  Install the new testtags.txt version 1.06 from Ken, all in all the additional tags from the add file in the version 6.xx archive file.  

As for the ajaxWDwx.js file, that too is the wrong version.  As I clearly state in the instructions and have mentioned here many many time, you must replace version 9.13 with my version 3.04 (also included in the archive with the instructions).

You can't expect the script to work if you are missing many of the items it depends on to work!!

Scott
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:23:29 PM by WebsterWeather »

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:13 AM »
Hi Scott,

Made all the changes, but to no avail! Still the same! Please read my previous posts because something changes with day or night? I have tried all the things you mentioned (I'm not thick :lol:) but a change all ways back to the previous versions if it doesn't help.

This is my site:www.akker.be i will enclose the newest files to take a look at.....

Sorry to disturb you with this but normally i can fix this things myself,

Greetings from Staccermaccer,

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
Ok, if you look at the file ajax-dashboard.php, right under the version notices, you will notice the following:

Code: [Select]
$Lang    = 'en';
$uomTemp = '°F';
$uomBaro = ' inHg';
$uomWind = ' mph';
$uomRain = ' in';
$uomSnow = ' in';
$uomPerHour = '/hr';
$uomHeight = ' ft';
$uomDistance = ' miles';
$imagesDir = 'ajax-images/';  // directory for ajax-images with trailing slash
//$timeFormat = 'D, d-M-Y g:ia T';  // Fri, 31-Mar-2006 6:35pm TZone
$timeFormat = 'D, M-d-Y g:ia';  // Fri, 31-Mar-2006 6:35pm TZone
//$timeOnlyFormat = 'g:ia';    // h:mm[am|pm];
$timeOnlyFormat = 'H:i';     // hh:mm
$dateOnlyFormat = 'd-M-Y';   // d-Mon-YYYY
$WDdateMDY = false;     // true=dates by WD are 'month/day/year'
//                     // false=dates by WD are 'day/month/year'

You will notice the $uomSnow is set at " in"

Therefore, when checking if we need to set the snow icon or not, we are going to use US measurement.  If it were in " cm" then we use metric.  Now, the program will compare your dewpoint reading of 4.3 (which is in metric) to see if it is less then freezing (32F because of your ENGLISH unit of measurement) and yes it is.  Thus you have the snow icon.  However, if you set the snow unit of measurement to CM, then it compares your dewpoint of 4.3 to 0 and it says no, it is greater and thus shows RAIN.  This is what I have been saying.

Hi Scott,

Made all the changes, but to no avail! Still the same! Please read my previous posts because something changes with day or night? I have tried all the things you mentioned (I'm not thick :lol:) but a change all ways back to the previous versions if it doesn't help.

This is my site:www.akker.be i will enclose the newest files to take a look at.....

Sorry to disturb you with this but normally i can fix this things myself,

Greetings from Staccermaccer,

Offline staccermaccer

« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2011, 03:11:14 AM »
Hi, Scott,

OK, thank you, that did the trick (i thought these where for standalone use)

I probably overlooked that one in the great search for the other faults, but i am still having my problem with the Cloud-base.php and the CC-icon with is still giving these odd day-night differences and the misty-icon!

Staccermaccer,

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »
Glad to see it's up an running.  I did notice that your fire weather images are not showing. The script is looking for them in:

http://www.akker.be/car/ajax-images/fire/7/fire-31.png

The path seems a bit odd but may be fine, make sure you have the images in the .png format too.

As for the mist and problems with the CC Icon, those are all controlled by Weather Display, I just display them based on the test tags and when I look at your testtags.php, it is displaying the correct image.  You may be having a metar override your current conditions in Weather Display.  Check the setting there especially the rain related ones.  As for the cloudbase addin, even mine doesn't work right!  I show daytime hours after sunset!  I can't help with that one.  Best to contact the author of that script.

Scott

Hi, Scott,

OK, thank you, that did the trick (i thought these where for standalone use)

I probably overlooked that one in the great search for the other faults, but i am still having my problem with the Cloud-base.php and the CC-icon with is still giving these odd day-night differences and the misty-icon!

Staccermaccer,