Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151461 times)

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.09
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2011, 07:32:47 AM »
Running Ken's V3 templates with your WDwx. See attachment.
Thanks!

John, was the alt dashboard hard to do w/V3 templates. I just switched to those last week.
And OT is it really going to be in the high 90s today where your at. At looked at your site last night, couldn't believe it was 94 deg.
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »
Just upgrades to version 6.09, since then the snow flake grafic  seems to be permanently displayed despite the temp being around 12c where can I check the settings for this, not that I've changed anything

You likely have the snow measurement set at Inches.  Make sure it's set to cm

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
Scott,

The case of the missing ° returns. Running 6.09 (for some time with no apparent errors). Not sure when this started, but just noticed it a few days ago. Running Ken's V3 templates with your WDwx. See attachment.

Thanks!

Yup, I see that happening too, there must have been a change in WD or something.  I'll look at it when I get back home on Sunday.

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
Hi John,

I kinda remember that we had double ° a while back.  There could have been a change in WD.  Try looking at that line of script and put back the original line and see what happens. Mine is set like this in the function area and it seems to be working for me:

return "$rtemp$uomTemp<br />$rdate";

See if this works for you.

Hi Stan,

Yep, that fixed it. Just haven't had the time to get down there and take a look.

Now I'm seeing a major problem in the USA Extremes section of the nav bar (NOT because of this fix, obviously). I'm off to that topic.  :sad:

Thanks!
John
W7JKG

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »
John, was the alt dashboard hard to do w/V3 templates. I just switched to those last week.
And OT is it really going to be in the high 90s today where your at. At looked at your site last night, couldn't believe it was 94 deg.

Ed,

No trouble at all. The only 'problem' I had was, in the past I've needed to uncomment the two langtrans functions at the very bottom of the dashboard script. Got a can't-call-function-twice error (something of the sort). Ken has added those functions to V3, so the uncomment is no longer needed. I saw them in V3 - just forgot they were there.

As for the temps - yep, looking for at least 97° here today. That will break another record (2 days in a row). My apologies (I guess...) to those still stuck in snow and ultra-cold weather.

Yuma, way down in the SW corner of AZ, officially hit 100° yesterday. Think we're in for a nasty summer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:09:01 PM by jgillett »
John
W7JKG

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Yup, I see that happening too, there must have been a change in WD or something.  I'll look at it when I get back home on Sunday.

Scott,

As you probably noticed, Stan's fix works.

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #381 on: April 01, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »
Hi guys,
which settings would i change to set the time format from am/pm to 24hrs.
I've tried to modify that value in Settings.php, Ajax-gizmo.php, AjaxWDwx.js, AjaxWDwx-settings.js but without success.
Thanks in advance for your support,

Alessandro

Offline mava

• mavahome
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2011, 07:16:25 AM »
Hi guys,
which settings would i change to set the time format from am/pm to 24hrs.
I've tried to modify that value in Settings.php, Ajax-gizmo.php, AjaxWDwx.js, AjaxWDwx-settings.js but without success.
Thanks in advance for your support,

Alessandro
Hi,
Got a tip from Torjan at regnskvett to replace the following code in AjaxWDwx at spprox line 1636

Replace this

set_ajax_obs("ajaxndate"   , WDdt.date("F d, Y")); // Apr 16, 2009
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxndate2"  , WDdt.date("F d, Y"));  // April 16, 2009
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxntime"   , WDdt.date("g:i a"));    // 2:37 pm
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxntimess" , WDdt.date("g:i:s a"));  // 2:37:07 pm
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxdname"   , WDdt.date("D"));      // Mon

with this

set_ajax_obs("ajaxndate"   , WDdt.date("M j, Y")); // Apr 16, 2009
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxndate2"  , WDdt.date("d-M-Y"));  // 16-Apr-2009
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxntime"   , WDdt.date("H:i"));    // 14:37
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxntimess" , WDdt.date("H:i:s"));  // 14:37:07
      set_ajax_obs("ajaxdname"   , WDdt.date("D"));      // Mon

That fixed my clock from am/pm to 24 hour

rgs

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Fixed!  :grin:
Many thanks for the trick!
Regards,

Alessandro

Offline WraxallDave

« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »
Hi Scott,

Could you take a look at my site and figure at why I cannot get the Windrose icons in anything but English.

I have install Ken's multilanguage PHP template, downloaded the wr-de-W.png multilanguage windrose icons and added your latest alternate desktop and ajaxWDwx.js file and altered as required. The problem is if I view the page in console mode in Firefox the ajax is trying to find

.\ajax-images\wr--NO.png when i select German. Basically in any browser the Ajax options fails to find the non-English Wind icon.

My site is http://www.wraxall-weather.co.uk/index.php , could you take a look and offer any suggestions as to what I may have missed.

Thanks,  Dave

Offline Torjan

• regnskvett
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2011, 07:51:43 AM »
Hi!
In the current Sun Energy there is a 'Feels like' wondering where does this value come from?

Torjan

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »
Could you take a look at my site and figure at why I cannot get the Windrose icons in anything but English.

I have install Ken's multilanguage PHP template, downloaded the wr-de-W.png multilanguage windrose icons and added your latest alternate desktop and ajaxWDwx.js file and altered as required. The problem is if I view the page in console mode in Firefox the ajax is trying to find

.\ajax-images\wr--NO.png when i select German. Basically in any browser the Ajax options fails to find the non-English Wind icon.

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the slow response, have been out of town for the past week.  I looked at your site and changed language a couple of times and for the most part the windrose graphic works but only for those conditions that match the english version (N = N in the selected language for example).  You would need to create an additional graphic for the letters of the compus that match the letters used in each of the other languages.  So if a language uses NNV for one of the compus settings, there has to be a wr-NNV.png image available too.  I never thought about it before to see if Ken's original script is doing something different there to do the translations back to the english version for the image.  I will take a look and see if I missed something ot if there is a simple way to do that.  Give me a bit of time though, I have a lot of things going on right now that keep me out of town and away from my computer. 

Thanks

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #387 on: May 21, 2011, 08:52:02 AM »
Hi!
In the current Sun Energy there is a 'Feels like' wondering where does this value come from?

Torjan

Torjan,

The "Feels Like" reading is actually a built-in reading from Weather-Display.  You would need to check with Brian on the weather-display forum to get the actual method he is using to calculate that value.  I'm just displaying it. 

Scott

Offline WraxallDave

« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »
Hi Scott,

And thanks for getting back to me. I realised I needed to create translated directions like "NNV.png", but the problem is that the statement

src = wrImg.src.replace(/(#LANG#|\{LANG\})/i, wrImg.lang);     on line 1918 of ajaxWDwx.js never produces wr-de- for German or wr-af- for Afrikans, i just get wr-- for everything. I can change the ajax-dashboard.php to get the right file but the ajaxWDwx file overwrites it with an icon name that does not exist.

It was my belief that if you change language to German you should get wr-de-NNO.png, but the console log in Firefox 4 say the file is looking for an icon called wr--NNO.png the de is missing.

var wrImg =
   {src   : imgDir+"wr-{LANG}{DIR}.png"  // where {DIR} will = wind dir (e.g. NNW), {LANG} = wrImg.lang
   ,width : 58 ,height: 58 ,hspace: 0 ,vspace: 0 ,border: 0
   ,style : ""
   ,align : "" // [ left | right | top | bottom | middle | texttop | absbottom | absmiddle ]
   ,lang  : "-"     // with trailing dash (e.g. "nl-" will result in graphic name: "./ajax-images/wr-nl-SSE.gif")
   ,calm  : "calm" // substitution for {DIR} (e.g "wr-calm.gif") ... specify "" if not to be shown or not available
   ,xlate : true   // translate wind direction for icon names (multilingual system)
   ,useTag: "ajaxwindiconwr" // ajax tagname to use where the windrose icon should be placed
   };

This is the definition at the top of my ajaxWDwx.js

Thanks, Dave

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »
Hi Scott,

And thanks for getting back to me. I realised I needed to create translated directions like "NNV.png", but the problem is that the statement

Dave,

Drop me a private note with your email and I'll send you a new version to try and see if it fixes your problem. 

Scott

Offline Torjan

• regnskvett
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
Hi!

Torjan

Torjan,

The "Feels Like" reading is actually a built-in reading from Weather-Display.  You would need to check with Brian on the weather-display forum to get the actual method he is using to calculate that value.  I'm just displaying it. 

Scott

Hi!
I think I expressed myself badly. There are so many different in WD, wondering what this is.
is it Apparent Temp,THSW or someting else.

Torjan

Offline johnah

• Loris SC Weather
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »
Hi Scott

I just started using the Alternative-Dashboard v. 6.09 and its to wide for the page. I have searched the forum and I believe it has something to do with the cloud graphic. Would you take a look and let me know what I need to change.

http://www.herringtonventures.com

Thanks
John

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
Nope, it's the UV Summary. When that goes to two words ("Very High") and/or three digits (nn.n) it pushes it off the right side.

Scott is aware.
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
Nope, it's the UV Summary. When that goes to two words ("Very High") and/or three digits (nn.n) it pushes it off the right side.

Scott is aware.

With any luck I will have the fix ready Sunday to beta test.

Scott

Offline WraxallDave

« Reply #394 on: May 22, 2011, 06:35:38 AM »
Scott,

It is my opinion that the file ajaxWDws.js was designed for a fixed language and cannot cope with a language selection option. You can fix the ajax-dashboard PHP file to get the right file name but it is over written by the ajaxWDws.js script which cannot cope with a language switch.

Dave

Offline jjmcnelly

• Cedar Ridge, Napavine, WA Weather
« Reply #395 on: May 22, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
Hi Scott,

I am working on setting up the new script.  I am missing one value on the new script and am not sure how to fix it.  I added the new testtags to the testags file, but the value "Last YTD Rain:1 0.00 in"  shows 0.  www.napavineweather.info/indextest.php.

Thanks,
James McNelly 

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #396 on: May 22, 2011, 03:33:28 PM »
Ok, I have changed how the UV Forcast is displayed so that it no longer pushes out of it's column when the value gets to VERY HIGH or other longer words.  I will need a couple people to beta test the changes and see how they work before I release the change just in case I'm missing something.  Send me a private message with your email address and I will send you the updated script.  This is for version 6.09a only!

I've attached a few sample images of the changes

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #397 on: May 22, 2011, 03:39:59 PM »
I am working on setting up the new script.  I am missing one value on the new script and am not sure how to fix it.  I added the new testtags to the testags file, but the value "Last YTD Rain:1 0.00 in"  shows 0. 

James,
I looked and your testtags have the correct value for that reading but it shows 0 (See below)

Code: [Select]
$raincurrentweek = '0.929';
$raintodatemonthago = '0.00';
$raintodateyearago = '0.00';
$timeoflastrainalways = ' 4:38 PM'

How many years do you have reading for?

Scott

Offline jjmcnelly

• Cedar Ridge, Napavine, WA Weather
« Reply #398 on: May 22, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »
I am working on setting up the new script.  I am missing one value on the new script and am not sure how to fix it.  I added the new testtags to the testags file, but the value "Last YTD Rain:1 0.00 in"  shows 0. 

James,
I looked and your testtags have the correct value for that reading but it shows 0 (See below)

Scott

I have readings since 2006.  Maybe it is a WD problem?

Thanks,
James

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #399 on: May 22, 2011, 06:58:36 PM »

James,

Scott

I have readings since 2006.  Maybe it is a WD problem?

Thanks,
James

It might be as the reading come from WD in that tag and it clearly shows 0 in your tags.  Have you looked in WD itself to see what it shows?