Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151868 times)

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.08
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »
Scott,
This may get a bit simpler in the future.. the V3 PHP/AJAX template sets all have the language translation functions built-in (even the USA template).  Your splendid alternative dashboards will work fine with the Weather-Display plugin, but may not work well with the VWS/WeatherLink/Cumulus plugins since those software packages do not provide many of the tags needed to display the extra data shown in the alternative dashboards.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »
Scott,
This may get a bit simpler in the future.. the V3 PHP/AJAX template sets all have the language translation functions built-in (even the USA template).  Your splendid alternative dashboards will work fine with the Weather-Display plugin, but may not work well with the VWS/WeatherLink/Cumulus plugins since those software packages do not provide many of the tags needed to display the extra data shown in the alternative dashboards.

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks Ken,

That will help a lot.  I've been watching your thread on your new beta software, I hope some of the other weather software packages start offering more options, I would really like to switch to something new.  I've even been thinking about trying to get the raw data and just create a file that could be used by any software.  Ah, if only I had more time to play around with it!

Thanks again for all the great code and help Ken!

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
Scott,
This may get a bit simpler in the future.. the V3 PHP/AJAX template sets all have the language translation functions built-in (even the USA template).  Your splendid alternative dashboards will work fine
Best regards,
Ken

Ken thanks for keeping scripts updated. What is the easiest way to update to the new templates. Is there an FAQ, I realize most files aren't customized, but w/each upgrade some files need location specific information changed, etc.
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »
Someone needs to uncomment out the lines at the bottom of the mobile dashboard script again!

Scott
Sorry - they are uncommented. If they weren't, my main page would be failing with the same error, and it's working fine.

Come up with something else -   :grin:  Need help on this one...   :?

The same lines are in the mobile version of the script, you have to uncomment them in that part of the script too if you did in the main dashboard script.  I should add that to the instructions, I didn't think to do that.

Scott
Yep - caught that at the last minute, and they were uncommented (not sure what I was thinking in my previous post). Anyway, it would seem that after uncommenting, somebody - no idea who  :roll: - forgot to upload the modified script.

Sheesh - perhaps another nap would help...

Please try it again if somebody has a minute.

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2011, 02:26:23 PM »
Hi Ed,
For V2 WD/AJAX/PHP template users, probably the simplest way to update is to:

0) take a .zip snapshot of your current template directory as a backup!
1) save your current Settings.php, flyout-menu.xml (and WU-radar-inc.php for USA) to a new directory so you'll have them available after the update to customize the new template.
2) download the Base and Plugin for your weather software
3) unpack the files, replacing your old versions, but DON'T UPLOAD YET.
4) port $SITE entries from your prior Settings.php into the new Settings.php
5) Configure the Settings-weather.php
6) port any <item> additions you had made from your older flyout-menu.xml to the new flyout-menu.xml
7) rename the windex.php to index.php and make the same change in flyout-menu.xml
8 ) check the settings inside the ajaxXXwx.js script to reflect your configuration
9) upload all files/directories to your website.
10) set permissions on the new ./cache directory to 766 or 777 if you see cache file writing errors.

I think that should do it.. let me know if that doesn't work for you.
Keep in mind that the alternative dashboard(s) and ajaxXXwx.js scripts have not necessarily been outfitted with the needed mods, so if you use the alternative dashboard, you may want to put ajax-dashboard and the ajaxWDwx.js script back in service from your backup in step(0).  The new ajax-dashboard has a lot of extra code to gracefully accommodate missing tags (tags that aren't produced by VWS, Cumulus or WeatherLink) and I'm sure Scott hasn't had time to port that to the alternative-dashboards yet.

After you implement the V3 template, then keeping up-to-date is very simple.. just use the template updates page to get a customized .zip file of all the updates issued since you downloaded the Base/Plugin last.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »
Ken, thanks for info. I file away for future use. I'm currently using Scott's alt-dashboard..
John, yes your QR code is now working.
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2011, 03:59:42 PM »
Keep in mind that the alternative dashboard(s) and ajaxXXwx.js scripts have not necessarily been outfitted with the needed mods, so if you use the alternative dashboard, you may want to put ajax-dashboard and the ajaxWDwx.js script back in service from your backup in step(0). The new ajax-dashboard has a lot of extra code to gracefully accommodate missing tags (tags that aren't produced by VWS, Cumulus or WeatherLink) and I'm sure Scott hasn't had time to port that to the alternative-dashboards yet.

Ken,

Have you given any thought about adding in the extra tags to ajaxWDwx.js for the WD version?  I just did the update to version 3 and like the new version a lot and see much in the code that will make things much easier but I dred having to recreate all the added functionality of having those extra tags available.  In the mean time, I'll look into porting the changes over to the new ajaxWDwx.js but it may be a bit more then my limited knowledge of java can hack!  #-o

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
John, yes your QR code is now working.
Thank you!
John
W7JKG

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
    • Up Country Maui Weather
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »
Hi Scott,

Finally got a chance to update your latest.  Got back from Southern California.  Looking good and thank you for all the support and updates for this project.

--Stan Y.
   Maui, Hawaii
Stan Y. - KH6HHG - Maui, Hawaii
 --- Blitzortung ID: 993
 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-PHOG1

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro
Dell Optiplex GX280-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ Wireless
Webcam: Axis 211

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2011, 08:48:48 PM »
Hi Scott,

Finally got a chance to update your latest.  Got back from Southern California.  Looking good and thank you for all the support and updates for this project.

--Stan Y.
   Maui, Hawaii

Glad to hear it's working good for you! 

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.09
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
UPDATE:

I have released version 6.09 of the alternative Dashboard to fix an error I created in the code on version 6.08.  The error could cause you to get a preg_match function error.  If you are seeing that, you will want to replace ajax-dashboard6.php in from the new archive.  This error also effected the mobile dashboard so that has been updated as well to version 1.02.  You can find the download link at the beginning (1st message) of this thread.  Thanks

Scott

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2011, 02:11:42 PM »
Hi Scott,
Just tryed the new ver and get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function langtransstr() in /home/content/k/e/9/ke9lz/html/ajax-dashboard6.php on line 345

Going back to the old ver to get site back up.

Steve
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2011, 02:58:07 PM »
Hi Scott,
Just tryed the new ver and get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function langtransstr() in /home/content/k/e/9/ke9lz/html/ajax-dashboard6.php on line 345

Going back to the old ver to get site back up.

Steve

Steve,

Just uncomment out the lines at the end of the script again and you will get rid of that message.  It will need to be done on each new update as it is commented out by default.

Scott

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »
Yep, keep missing that!  Sorry for the false alarm.  All seems to be working with it now.

Thanks for the great scripts!

Steve
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »
UPDATE:

I have released version 6.09 of the alternative Dashboard to fix an error I created in the code on version 6.08.  The error could cause you to get a preg_match function error.  If you are seeing that, you will want to replace ajax-dashboard6.php in from the new archive.  This error also effected the mobile dashboard so that has been updated as well to version 1.02.  You can find the download link at the beginning (1st message) of this thread.  Thanks

Scott

Posted.

Busy fellow! Thanks much.
John
W7JKG

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
    • Live Jupiter, FL Weather
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2011, 06:24:38 PM »
Hi guys!
I LOVE this new format! Just switched to it today.
Everything is running great except for a couple things...
Under my current conditions section, the layout is strange, and I can't seem to find anywhere to fix it! Any ideas?
Also under Almanac, the Moonset time is weird, it reads like this: Moonset:    :58 PM without showing an hour.
I really would appreciate any advice you all might have!
Thank you so much for such an awesome script! I love it!
Joe

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2011, 06:30:29 PM »
Hi guys!
I LOVE this new format! Just switched to it today.
Everything is running great except for a couple things...
Under my current conditions section, the layout is strange, and I can't seem to find anywhere to fix it! Any ideas?
Also under Almanac, the Moonset time is weird, it reads like this: Moonset:    :58 PM without showing an hour.
I really would appreciate any advice you all might have!
Thank you so much for such an awesome script! I love it!
Joe

Hey Joe,

The current conditions section is a bit out of wack because you're using the YoWindow scene and it's much larger then the graphic that is supposed to be there.  You need to re-size the graphic or make it span two columns and remove the section that was in the second column.  It will look better if you remove the data for the second column (the text conditions).

The Moon set time is coming from your WD test tags, something in WD is setting that value wrong. See below from your testtags.php

Code: [Select]
$moonsetdate =  '02/26/11'; // moon set date
$moonset =  ':58 PM'; // moon set time
$moonage =  'Moon age: 24 days,2 hours,56 minutes,30%';

Scott

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
Thank you for that fast reply!
I will definitely check it out! I can't seem to find the area to go back to the current conditions icon, instead of showing the webcam. I know I must have enabled it to show there, but I can't remember where that section is.
That's strange that WD is doing that, I'll have to dig deeper into there and see what's up!
Thanks again! :)

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
Got it! Well, better than I had it before anyways! :) WD fixed itself before I could even investigate! :)
Thank you again!

Offline dw1373

• Gig Harbor Weather
« Reply #319 on: March 01, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »
Scott,

Don't know if you are aware of this yet but the Record Hi and Record lows are giving off bad info. A few sites are showing this including yours and some are running correctly. Just noticed this today.

Brian

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
Brian,

There needs to be 2 years of history data in your station logs before this will work properly. The fix is to change your settings to get the records from WU, or, if you are new to WD and have station records from another piece of software, import those into WD. Of course, all this assumes you are running WD. I'm not sure about other packages.

HTH...
John
W7JKG

Offline dw1373

• Gig Harbor Weather
« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2011, 01:30:54 PM »
I've been up since Dec of 2008. I had records last week and over the weekend I updated WD to v10.37Q-33. I wonder if something changed when I did the update.

Brian

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #322 on: March 01, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »
Scott,

Don't know if you are aware of this yet but the Record Hi and Record lows are giving off bad info. A few sites are showing this including yours and some are running correctly. Just noticed this today.

Brian

Brian,

Yes, I can confirm that it is doing that, giving bad data.  It seems to be intermittent though as this morning it was showing correct data and I am at work so I can't have done any changes.  It looks like a WD issue. 

Scott

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #323 on: March 01, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
Seems to be OK now, although that's subject to change!

Too bad WU can't get it together. I've been downloading my history data (because another program messed it up badly) to load into WD. Numerous errors (-32768.0, a familiar number, pops up frequently).
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2011, 04:18:52 PM »
Seems to be OK now, although that's subject to change!

Too bad WU can't get it together. I've been downloading my history data (because another program messed it up badly) to load into WD. Numerous errors (-32768.0, a familiar number, pops up frequently).

I think it's an intermittent thing that is being pushed out via the testtags.php.  Sometimes its right, sometimes it way off.  I've been watching it for several hours now and it's changed from working to not many times.  I'm sure if I were to say something about it though it would be all on my system so I'll just wait and see if it gets fixed in a future build.  When I get home I'll go back a build or two and see if the issue goes away so it can be narrowed down to a build range at least.

Scott

anything