Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 185339 times)

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1075 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »
My station is one of those not showing data but, surprise, surprise ](*,) I now have a gold star.

Same here. No data to display but the magical Goldstar returned! Some changes are occurring at WU!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #1076 on: November 25, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »
Yep, I got a gold star with my new Atlas shortly after the personal page stopped showing data. I should have left my old retired station up as it's page still showed up complaining that it hadn't reported in 56 days. I deleted it thinking maybe it was interfering with the new one.

Offline Smokeyrn

« Reply #1077 on: November 25, 2018, 11:43:02 PM »
My station is one of those not showing data but, surprise, surprise ](*,) I now have a gold star.

Same here. No data to display but the magical Goldstar returned! Some changes are occurring at WU!

Congratulations!  I had a gold star for years.  It went away with my data.  :roll:
After ten plus years with a wonderful WU it is very sad to see it disintegrate so fast!

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #1078 on: November 26, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
So,I got one of those messages that it was time to renew my “Premium” membership.  I dutifully went to the renew site, paid my ten dollars thru PayPal, now I am unable to log in.

I get to the login page, type in my email and password, click the sign-in button and.....nothing. It just sits there .   Click....nothing, click.....nothing.

OK, Ithought maybe something got screwed up with my password during my membership renewal, so I tried the “reset your password” option.  I got a messsage saying that a reset message was sent to my email.   “Looks good, let’s go.”   Uh, nope.

Yep, I checked and rechecked the spelling on the email and password.  Yep, I tried a different browser.  Click....nothing,  click....nothing.

Been a member since 2004.  Pretty close to last straw.

Offline WeatherBuff2

• White River/Eureka Springs AR.
« Reply #1079 on: November 26, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »
I think I'm going to give Weather Underground until the end of the week to fix my weather dashboard issue. If they haven't gotten their act together I think I'm going to quit uploading my weather info to their site. The other sites that I upload to are trouble free and I just don't have the time to keep messing with Wunderground and their unreliable site.

Funny thing is the Wundermap shows my info but the link to my dashboard leads to a blank weather page.
How many of you have a blank weather page like this? Click link below.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAREUREK16

Jack Williamson
 KAREUREK16
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:29:53 PM by WeatherBuff2 »
Vantage Wireless Pro2 Plus Wireless                  
Meteobridge Pro                                         
Two 6510 Data Loggers
Two 6312 consoles
Rain Bucket Heater
1 extra Temperature Sensor for the White River
Virtual Weather Station Pro v.15 for display on second computer monitor.

MADIS ID. F3924
CWOP ID: FW3924
WU ID: KAREUREK16                                        Eureka Springs Arkansas
Jack Williamson

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1080 on: November 26, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
Maybe IBM is too busy working on the "blockchain" to pay attention to WU. I am very disappointed in the lack of any action or response from their side in regards to the blank data issue so many of us are experiencing.

I wish PWSweather had a better site. I never seem to have problems with them, but the site is just not very intuitive. With my Ambient 1401-IP I am locked to WU, PWSweather, and the AmbientWeather dashboard. I would have to buy the Ambient Weatherbridge for $150+ to UL to other PWS networks. Not something I'm willing to do at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:00:35 PM by WheelinDealin »

Offline WeatherBuff2

« Reply #1081 on: November 26, 2018, 03:05:18 PM »
That is one thing nice about the Meteobridge Pro. There is a long list of sites that you can join and upload to. The down side is the Pro version is a little pricey. I also have the older one that uses the Airbridge unit too, that I'm thinking about selling since I bought the Pro version.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:10:36 PM by WeatherBuff2 »
Meteobridge Pro                                         
Two 6510 Data Loggers
Two 6312 consoles
Rain Bucket Heater

MADIS ID. F3924
WU ID: KAREUREK16                                        Eureka Springs Arkansas
Jack Williamson

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1082 on: November 26, 2018, 03:09:14 PM »
WU just updated their trouble page on the No Data Issue: https://feedback.weather.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2961663-why-do-i-get-a-%22no-data-available%22-message-when-i-look-at-a-pws-dashboard-page-?b_id=17298

Why do I get a "No Data Available" message when I look at a PWS dashboard page?

11:30AM PT, November 26, 2018:

Expected resolution time:  Not yet established

At least they appear to be working on it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:14:58 PM by WheelinDealin »

Offline WeatherBuff2

« Reply #1083 on: November 26, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
WU just updated their trouble page on the No Data Issue: https://feedback.weather.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2961663-why-do-i-get-a-%22no-data-available%22-message-when-i-look-at-a-pws-dashboard-page-?b_id=17298

Why do I get a "No Data Available" message when I look at a PWS dashboard page?

11:30AM PT, November 26, 2018:

Expected resolution time:  Not yet established

At least they appear to be working on it.
Doesn't look good. From the sounds of that I think they don't have a clue to what the problem is...
Meteobridge Pro                                         
Two 6510 Data Loggers
Two 6312 consoles
Rain Bucket Heater

MADIS ID. F3924
Jack Williamson

Offline Smokeyrn

« Reply #1084 on: November 26, 2018, 10:18:51 PM »

Funny thing is the Wundermap shows my info but the link to my dashboard leads to a blank weather page.

Jack Williamson
 KAREUREK16

I have the exact same thing.  Wundermap is fine (for its' limited reporting) but the PWS page is just like yours.  Of course, they took away the ability to post a status message.  I guess they got tired of people like me saying "This is a WU problem and I hope they fix it soon."
At least my webcam is still uploading properly after they finally fixed that problem.
Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.

Take care,

Smokey Sturtevant, RN, CEN
    Bozeman, Montana
    AE7RN

Offline WeatherBuff2

« Reply #1085 on: November 27, 2018, 10:22:03 AM »

Jack Williamson
 KAREUREK16

I have the exact same thing.  Wundermap is fine (for its' limited reporting) but the PWS page is just like yours.  Of course, they took away the ability to post a status message.  I guess they got tired of people like me saying "This is a WU problem and I hope they fix it soon."
At least my webcam is still uploading properly after they finally fixed that problem.
Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.

Take care,

Smokey Sturtevant, RN, CEN
    Bozeman, Montana
    AE7RN
What is your Wunderground station ID so I can see if it works from my end? Or you can post a link to it. Is it by chance "KMTBELGR31"? This one is in your area and it's not working either just like we have been talking about.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:26:10 AM by WeatherBuff2 »
Meteobridge Pro                                         
Two 6510 Data Loggers
Two 6312 consoles
Rain Bucket Heater

MADIS ID. F3924
Jack Williamson

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1086 on: November 27, 2018, 10:41:42 AM »
WunderTodd, members of the WU fire crew, and participants in this thread:

I'm going to go out on an olive branch here, and see if we can get some answers, as a group, from Todd @ WU. Last week, he generously reviewed my errant data stream and sent me a PM. This was one of very few responses made on this topic, and for me, very much appreciated. In his message he alluded to their ability to hold a WebEx conference. To this I propose that we have WU set up a WebEx to, well, hang out the laundry. To this end I propose each of us send Todd a PM (https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=18955) asking for this to occur, sooner not later. Now, this might be futile considering Todd's WXForum profile:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1087 on: November 28, 2018, 01:48:01 AM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:50:44 AM by Weatheroger »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #1088 on: November 28, 2018, 03:11:43 AM »
WeatherUnderground Closing up shop? #-o
https://weather.station.software/blog/weather-underground-closes-its-doors-to-individual-users/
Same as all other companies "Weather Station" is not allowed to get our data for free anymore.
Until Dec 27 ?? everyone can harvest all data from all PWS-stations at WU. That will end before the end of the year.

We the owners of our data at WU will still be able to access our data, although with a different script.
WU made a definite promise to give the station owners free access to their data.

Wim

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1089 on: November 28, 2018, 10:07:10 AM »
The question is will we have the same interface that we are familiar with? From what I have read here:
https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/end-of-service-for-the-weather-underground-api?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=19864593&#reply_19864593
there seems to be a great deal of confusion within WU and a lack of communication and transparency with people attempting to obtain API keys. From the posting date this ball began rolling 3 months ago and still no reach out to PWS owners.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:09:56 AM by Weatheroger »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #1090 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »
The question is will we have the same interface that we are familiar with? From what I have read here:https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/end-of-service-for-the-weather-underground-api?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=19864593&#reply_19864593 there seems to be a great deal of confusion within WU and a lack of communication and transparency with people attempting to obtain API keys.
They promised to deliver the exact specifications for ones own data retrieval by PWS owners
If you are a Personal Weather Station owner, you will receive more information about our plan to offer free access to the data you provide to Weather Underground. We’ll reach out once that plan has been finalized.
and a new API to be used for small users/PWS owners.
For developers who use WU API data for non-commercial purposes, you will have access to a new plan for a personal use, low call volume API. Stay tuned for more details as we build this out.

I am confident that they will deliver as promised.

And it can not be the same "interface" as the current  " .csv retrieval " is without any checking who is downloading what.

Wim
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:13:57 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1091 on: November 28, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
One can only hope, and wait. More timely and definitive communications would be helpful in preparation for this change.

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #1092 on: November 28, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
Like most, my weather station is not showing on the WU website...however, my WU Mac OS widget (10.14) just started working for the first time in ages...nice!

Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1093 on: November 28, 2018, 01:52:06 PM »
My issues are: station KCAGRASS150 web page shows "no data" but I now have a Gold Star, the KCAGRASS150 Glenbrook Station forecast page shows correct data but shows my station in a neighboring city, the Android app shows correct data except it does not show rain totals. The WUnder map shows my station most of the time and I am able to get most of the reported data. I am also reporting to Ambient Weather and PWS all data is normal there. ](*,)

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1094 on: November 28, 2018, 03:12:20 PM »
My WU page started working again today. For the past week+ it has only been showing "No Data".

11:00AM PT, November 28, 2018:

Expected resolution time:  Thurs, Nov 29, 2018

We have identified a file version mismatch in our servers which we believe is the cause of the 'data not available' message.  We are working to update the errant files.
Some PWS dashboard pages which previously were receiving the 'data not available' message should be loading correctly now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:25:39 PM by WheelinDealin »

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #1095 on: November 28, 2018, 04:03:34 PM »
Is...is that...is that...feedback?!

My WU page started working again today. For the past week+ it has only been showing "No Data".

11:00AM PT, November 28, 2018:

Expected resolution time:  Thurs, Nov 29, 2018

We have identified a file version mismatch in our servers which we believe is the cause of the 'data not available' message.  We are working to update the errant files.
Some PWS dashboard pages which previously were receiving the 'data not available' message should be loading correctly now.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1096 on: November 28, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
My WU page for station KILWHEAT36 is now reflecting data. But someone from WU should explain, in plain English, the future of WU to us pws owners. Most of us are hobbyists not computer gurus so avoid API lingo and the like and explain exactly what is going on and why.

If our pws data will no longer be made available by WU, then apps, like Weather Mate, need to know that so they can get our data another way. CWOP is probably one source of data for Weather Mate and other apps that rely on posting my pws data from the WU.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:45:56 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #1097 on: November 28, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »
I'm on the same page as Ron, I read through the whole API discussion today but I don't use the API (as far as I know anyway). I upload rapid fire data to WU and have for about 15 years. I use the web site and the mobile app to see the current data and forecast for my home location and other PWS's while traveling (lots of traveling).

It's kind of infuriating that after all this time uploading data, seeing the site go downhill with more and more issues over the years (still happening) and to get absolutely NO information other than what I happened to see in a posted link today that there is a major change coming in a few weeks to how we upload data and what data we can see. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation but I haven't heard anything to lead me to believe I'm not. And that is really unfortunate.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1098 on: November 28, 2018, 09:40:58 PM »
Here is some info I have gleaned through a bit of searching;
WU put out a temporary patch today to fix the no data issue. They have been vocal touting a new interface. lots of info on the WU forum about changes. The WU PWS network is not going away but will be revamped with a new interface, improved graphs and graphics and faster reporting. Some good changes coming. Not so glum a future.  \:D/

From Tim Roche

HI PWS owners and users. We have implemented a bandaid fix for those of you who were impacted by seemingly missing PWS data over the past few weeks. This issue may pop back up until the new page is launched, which will hopefully happen soon.

I received this this morning from WU
Hi, thanks for writing.

That's not true.

The Weather Underground API is being shut down in 2019.
The API serves developers and PWS owners who need to access their data for programming and coding.

PWS owners will have access to a new API which will allow them the same access to their data for programming and coding.

The Personal Weather Station network will continue to function as normal.

Developers who use the Weather Underground API will have the option to switch to a Weather Company API which can serve their needs.

We appreciate you being in the community and hope this clarifies what's happening.

Regards,
Todd

About the new interface;  https://www.wunderground.com/redesign/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:51:28 PM by Weatheroger »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1099 on: November 28, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »
WU put out a temporary patch today to fix the no data issue. They have been vocal touting a new interface. lots of info on the WU forum about changes. The WU PWS network is not going away but will be revamped with a new interface, improved graphs and graphics and faster reporting. Some good changes coming. Not so glum a future.  \:D/

I trust you are correct, but reading the earlier posts in this thread, it sounded like WU from the standpoint of us “common” pws owners, was going away. But when you are less than forthright and (or) communicate in less than complete English in this Forum...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:29:29 PM by WheatonRon »

anything