Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184314 times)

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »
WU Team.
For now until all these issues have been addressed, how about a daily update report.
In this report list issues fixed, what is currently being worked on and what is on the to-do list.

Fixed - This will let us know what can be tested and supply feed back.
Being worked on - No need for us to keep posting about this problem.
To-do - see what have been requested as features.

Thanks for working on this.
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »
WU Team.
For now until all these issues have been addressed, how about a daily update report.
In this report list issues fixed, what is currently being worked on and what is on the to-do list.

Fixed - This will let us know what can be tested and supply feed back.
Being worked on - No need for us to keep posting about this problem.
To-do - see what have been requested as features.

Thanks for working on this.

https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground      here ya go
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
Thanks.  :-)
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline WUpm

• Weather Underground
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »
Small update :-)

Thank you all for the responses, the support and the feedback over the last day.  The information you have provided has been invaluable for us to research the issues that we are facing. 

As I said before, our goal is to be completely transparent.  The Trello board is a great place to get an up to date view of what is complete, what we need to do, and what we are currently working on.  Our team is small, so I do want to caution that it may seem that progress is moving slower than you would like.  That is why we are doing everything we can to focus on the issues that affect the largest percentage of our PWS owners first, and then moving onto the next and so on. 

Trello Board (now with a ticket section for you to submit your bug reports):  https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground

Here are some issues we have made progress on, and the issues that we are starting to investigate further:

1. Webcams: Some issues with webcams have been resolved, but there are more issues that have cropped up.  Our team is continuing to debug these as they arise.
2. PWS data loss:  This issue, along with webcams, continues to be one that all of you are concerned about.  We have an engineer doing an investigation on it, and hopefully will have more information by end of day today.
3. Paid account issue:  We pushed a fix that was intended to fix those of you with paid accounts that were incorrectly seeing ads.  However, it had some intended consequences so the issue is back with our developers to troubleshoot.
4. Favorites: It appears that this issue is related to our paid account issue, so our hope is that the resolution for that will fix this as well.

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »
Small update :-)

Thank you all for the responses, the support and the feedback over the last day.  The information you have provided has been invaluable for us to research the issues that we are facing. 

As I said before, our goal is to be completely transparent.  The Trello board is a great place to get an up to date view of what is complete, what we need to do, and what we are currently working on.  Our team is small, so I do want to caution that it may seem that progress is moving slower than you would like.  That is why we are doing everything we can to focus on the issues that affect the largest percentage of our PWS owners first, and then moving onto the next and so on. 

Trello Board (now with a ticket section for you to submit your bug reports):  https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground

Here are some issues we have made progress on, and the issues that we are starting to investigate further:

1. Webcams: Some issues with webcams have been resolved, but there are more issues that have cropped up.  Our team is continuing to debug these as they arise.
2. PWS data loss:  This issue, along with webcams, continues to be one that all of you are concerned about.  We have an engineer doing an investigation on it, and hopefully will have more information by end of day today.
3. Paid account issue:  We pushed a fix that was intended to fix those of you with paid accounts that were incorrectly seeing ads.  However, it had some intended consequences so the issue is back with our developers to troubleshoot.
4. Favorites: It appears that this issue is related to our paid account issue, so our hope is that the resolution for that will fix this as well.

Thank you for the updates, I'm much less frustrated knowing that the issues we've been seeing for the past many months are being actively worked on.  :)

Offline n4khq

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
Welcome WU.
Just to get the website back to some semblance of how it used to be.... Each new design is worst than the last... I know that since the latest change, my visits are far fewer.
Make the site load much quicker. I pay for no adds, but half the time is spent loading adds in the background which is then not displayed. At least that part is working.

+1 Ken's post
At https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html, page my webcam for KGADAHLO8 said my webcam was active but my PWS said the webcam was not active. I did manage to get 1 our of 4 tries of a FTP test from my DLink  DCS-7010L webcam to Test OK. Now I am no longer active on the signup page. Thanks for the help

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »
Yes thank you  UU
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline iaflyer

• My PWSS
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Thank you for coming here are asking the community what we think needs fixing, very helpful.

My concern: sometimes in the past, my weather station hasn't been appearing the map of "available stations" from what I presume is a data problem. However, I've had no feedback what that is it - is it data drop outs, temperature errors, pressure errors? If there was just a simple line about why our data is getting thrown out, and is not acceptable that would be great. Perhaps we don't know what the problem is and we can't fix it.

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
  • Type of station: HP1001WiFi & WH2600IP (WS1400IP)
    • Check on-line measurements and forecasts of Gdansk in Poland
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
I run the old rapid fire screen in IE  and it has been working all along.  Kinda retro but very satisfying.
 https://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?station=KTXTHALI2
It only works in IE, will not work on chrome

In the web browser Microsoft EDGE also works ...

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »
Thank you for coming here are asking the community what we think needs fixing, very helpful.

My concern: sometimes in the past, my weather station hasn't been appearing the map of "available stations" from what I presume is a data problem. However, I've had no feedback what that is it - is it data drop outs, temperature errors, pressure errors? If there was just a simple line about why our data is getting thrown out, and is not acceptable that would be great. Perhaps we don't know what the problem is and we can't fix it.

It appears to me that one MAJOR issue is the fact that when someone makes a change or update to their site, it isn't saved as expected.  After reviewing this thread and the Trello, it appears that these items, among others, are directly affected and possibly related:

Status changes/updates
Favorite changes
Changes to maps
Missing maps
Changes to webcam
Changes to webcam/station association
Adds incorrectly showing for paid members
My PWS symbol is showing as a dashed circle, even though it's been up for weeks.

Whatever the state a user's PWS was in pre-apocalypse (I say that in jest), is the state in which they're stuck at and can't make updates from.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 03:46:48 PM »
Sean, Ben & Co, thanks for taking the reins. @konz has pretty well summarized the issues I’ve been struggling with for weeks. Hope you’re all successful resolving these gremlins.

Fair winds!

It appears to me that one MAJOR issue is the fact that when someone makes a change or update to their site, it isn't saved as expected.  After reviewing this thread and the Trello, it appears that these items, among others, are directly affected and possibly related:

Status changes/updates
Favorite changes
Changes to maps
Missing maps
Changes to webcam
Changes to webcam/station association
Adds incorrectly showing for paid members
My PWS symbol is showing as a dashed circle, even though it's been up for weeks.

Whatever the state a user's PWS was in pre-apocalypse (I say that in jest), is the state in which they're stuck at and can't make updates from.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »
I am using Rapid fire and this is what my graphs look like today, so far.  All of the missing dots for wind direction and gusts are missing data.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Mark

I noticed timeline on data received is much larger than normal also sometimes 17 minutes apart with data. This is something new because rapid fire is almost continuous connection. I had my data uploads set at 15 minutes because rapid fire took care of it.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 06:30:56 PM »
I am using Rapid fire and this is what my graphs look like today, so far.  All of the missing dots for wind direction and gusts are missing data.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Mark

I noticed timeline on data received is much larger than normal also sometimes 17 minutes apart with data. This is something new because rapid fire is almost continuous connection. I had my data uploads set at 15 minutes because rapid fire took care of it.

I upped my data feeds to 3 minutes and graphs look normal again. Apparently Rapid Fire something isn't working right for storing data. It works but doesn't store like it use too.
Randy

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »
I upped my data feeds to 3 minutes and graphs look normal again. Apparently Rapid Fire something isn't working right for storing data. It works but doesn't store like it use too.

I thought id try that. I disabled rapidfire in Cumulus MX and set it to 3 minutes. It made no difference for me!  The last data point shown is 11:08pm. It's currently 11:48pm

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »

I thought id try that. I disabled rapidfire in Cumulus MX and set it to 3 minutes. It made no difference for me!  The last data point shown is 11:08pm. It's currently 11:48pm

You are right I just checked again and slowed way down. You can see where it was working just prior better.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNEVALEN3
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:02:24 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »
Just click on my Signature Links and you'll see the Reporting random plotting time, sometimes it's really out of wack. KNCKENY6 is my Acurite and KNCKENL7 is my Davis :evil: ......................

CoCoRaHS: NC-JH-80

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »
@WUpm WUpm/Sean, folks have voiced a lot of issues for you to work out.  I kind of gave up on WU a good while back in regards to stressing over my data getting cattywampus on the WU website...I'd offer it up and if you wanted it you'd use it or not use it.  I did go from rapidfire to 5 minute (I think it is five) due to it not really mattering since the data was getting messed up anyhow.  My PWS is still on WU to the best of my knowledge. 
I do hope that you get things squared away...WU had a lot of potential at one time and hopefully ya'll can straighten it out and make it better than it's ever been.

I do have a rather important question, though.  Were you ever "William" in another life????
And, if not, (ok, this is two questions) ya'll didn't get rid of him did you?  I can't see how WU can exist without William!!!   He's kind of like the chrome hood ornament on an old 1960 baby blue Rambler Deluxe I once owned...it just wouldn't have been the same without it!  ;)

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
You are right I just checked again and slowed way down. You can see where it was working just prior better.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNEVALEN3

It has started a fresh day (midnight rollover) and now my graphs have plots every 6 minutes. *insert twilight zone music here*  :lol:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IDORSETW12#history

Well... 6..6..6..7

Better than 17..20..30..50

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »
Just click on my Signature Links and you'll see the Reporting random plotting time, sometimes it's really out of wack. KNCKENY6 is my Acurite and KNCKENL7 is my Davis :evil: ......................

You're signature links are empty. You should have a blue globe.
Randy

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
  • http://www.madrussianweather.com/#
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »
Still getting this with the webcam FTP 421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry 6:15 mt

john

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
Weather Underground Cam:   2018-01-16 21:18:57 Error: Remote host has closed the connection.
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline NanoWx

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »
More of a long standing, and possibly somewhat rare annoyance. See: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31630.msg316905
The issue occurs whether the the dashboard, or WxDisplayHistory.asp are used. For example, 16Jan2018, for KORCONDO1, TMax is shown as 46.2, yet 46.1 is highest temperature in the detailed records (Table on the dashboard, or graphspan=day for WxDisplayHistory.asp).
Issue could be related to WxDisplayHistory.asp returning incomplete sets of records for a query, which while worst during the recent cloud 'episode' could be a long-standing defect.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:08:54 AM by NanoWx »

Offline Felix1

• PhD Engineering Physics
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2018, 03:07:36 AM »
Yesterday (1/16/2018) I thought maybe the webcam issues were well on the way to being solved since that was reportedly the Tiger Team's #1 priority. I started the day with no FTP upload failures being reported and my webcam images were showing up within ~15 minutes of submittal. And by late afternoon, the lag was down to half of that, sometimes less.

So I get up early this morning (EST) expecting to see Cam1 showing some snow on the ground since the first flurries moved in a little after midnight. And what to I find? Nothing!!! The most recent image WU has posted was a little after 11 pm before the snow started falling.

My personal weather website has nice multi-camera time lapse video of the the ground snow getting deeper but looking at my WU page image, you'd have no idea it had even started snowing. Yet still no FTP errors. Apparently WU is getting the images OK, it's just that they aren't being displayed on the webpage.

I gotta tell you Sean & Ben & the rest of the Tiger Team members, if this is your top priority and apparently can't be fixed relatively quickly (or even the underlying problems identified), it's going to be a daunting task to bring this 1994 software up to today's expectations. I hope you guys/gals are permanent party (as opposed to outsourced troubleshooters/fixers) and in for the long haul.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2018, 06:38:49 AM »
I'm not sure what is going on now, but there's an issue with wind speeds.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IDORSETW12#history

It says my highest gust is 60 km/h - which is correct, but the graph doesn't show it. It also says my highest wind speed is 55 km/h, but that's impossible, I have never recorded a wind speed that high, since owning the station.

The only comfort I can take from this, is that I have to accept that things get worse before they get better?!

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2018, 06:47:08 AM »
The only comfort I can take from this, is that I have to accept that things get worse before they get better?!

I'm not going to visit WU at present as it just makes you find more issue, which are most likely related and until these are fixed, there's more to life than looking at broken data every hour...
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •