Author Topic: CWOP ID inactive  (Read 656 times)

Offline CoyoteRidge

CWOP ID inactive
« on: December 26, 2020, 06:23:39 PM »
Have a station that has been on CWOP for a long while that outputs data to of course CWOP, WU, FindU, NOAA, and MADIS (some of those are interconnected I think)  Anyway, about 10 months or so back, I bought a new station and set it up and got a new CWOP ID for its data.
Unfortunately at the time, the new station took too many hoops to jump through and I did not have the time to configure it all to send data to all the same sites I am with my older station.

That has changed and now its sending data to that CWOP ID, FW6473 and I can see the data is going out now:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=FW6473&last=24&units=english

With that working, I did notice that my ID is on the CWOP page showing in the "inactive" members list, and that makes sense since it was never used after it was created till now.

My first question is since data is propagating now, will this be noticed and eventually get moved to the active users list or do i need to request that somewhere?

I have already put out the e-mail request to cwop-support@noaa to add that ID to its data ingress so it can go to MADIS.

Second question is for signing it up at the weather quality reporting stuff at the  CWOP / Gladstone family page, once the ID is "active" again, will it be able to be added or do I need a different contact at that  point?  My thoughts are yes, but wanted to ask anyway.

I have been out of the loop on how all of this is strung together for a long time once I got my first station set up, so pardon my silly questions...

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: CWOP ID inactive
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:47:43 PM »
It is all handled via that email address to CWOP-support. You tell them to make you active and you tell them that your location is of your APRS packets, and you give them your elevation in *meters*....not feet.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything