Author Topic: Daily Highs, Lows in Alt Dashboard missing.  (Read 545 times)

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
Daily Highs, Lows in Alt Dashboard missing.
« on: March 07, 2019, 01:41:43 PM »
On my website i used to have all the data for Daily Highs and Lows populated but something happened a few weeks ago and now they are mostly blank.

I'm wondering where in Weather Display does the script take this data from??

A link to the data page i'm talking about is here http://www.waterfordweather.com/wxtempdetail.php

Thanks

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
Re: Daily Highs, Lows in Alt Dashboard missing.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 11:27:23 AM »
I don't understand why you mentioned the Alt Dashboard in your heading.
The wxtempdetail.php (and the other various detail/summary scripts use the dailynoaareport and/or climatedataout files uploaded by WD to your website as the source of the data they display. The only files I found on your website were for this month and last month.

Check the webfiles folder of WD to see if the files for the previous months are there. The naming convention of the files are dailynoaareportmyyyy.htm and climatedataoutmyyyy.html (where m is the month number and yyyy is the year). If found then upload them to your website.
Murry

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »
The wxtempdetail.php (and the other various detail/summary scripts use the dailynoaareport and/or climatedataout files uploaded by WD to your website as the source of the data they display. The only files I found on your website were for this month and last month.

Check the webfiles folder of WD to see if the files for the previous months are there. The naming convention of the files are dailynoaareportmyyyy.htm and climatedataoutmyyyy.html (where m is the month number and yyyy is the year). If found then upload them to your website.

I'm using the Alt Dash script so thats why i put it in the title.

I did have a back up of my site from a few months ago and uploaded a bulk of the files from there.

I presume any missing files can be recreated in WD?

Regards

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 08:22:11 PM »

I'm using the Alt Dash script so thats why i put it in the title.

I did have a back up of my site from a few months ago and uploaded a bulk of the files from there.

I presume any missing files can be recreated in WD?

Regards

The dailynoaareportmyyyy.html and climatedataoutmyyyy.html files should be in the webfiles folder of WD unless you deleted them.
But yes, they can be recreated in WD.

For dailynoaareport files, select View, Averages/Extremes/NOAA Style Reports. Then select the NOAA Style Reports tab at the top. Enter the month and year that you want to recreate and click the update whole month now. If the data looks good, then click the update dailynoaareport.htm.

For climatedataout files, select View, Averages/Extremes/NOAA Style Reports. Then select the Detailed Climate Report tab at the top. Enter the month and year that you want to recreate and click the update month now. But if you don't have solar or uv sensors and don't record snow depth, you want need them for the detail/summary scripts.

Murry

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:00:50 AM »
Thanks so much Murry, you have helped me restore a lot of data. Just one more thing, For April last year i have just 4 days worth of data in the Noaa Report. How do i recompile a full months data to the Noaa Report??

Cheers

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »
Thanks so much Murry, you have helped me restore a lot of data. Just one more thing, For April last year i have just 4 days worth of data in the Noaa Report. How do i recompile a full months data to the Noaa Report??

Cheers
Sounds like you are missing some data from your log file for that month. If you are uploading data to wunderground, you might want to check if they have data for that month. If so, you can try using WD to import that month. And then recreate the NOAA report.
Murry

anything