Author Topic: My new Davis Vantage Pro 2 Station in Lake Worth Florida  (Read 703 times)

Offline weatherdoc

• Senior Contributor
    • Willowsford Farm Weather
Re: My new Davis Vantage Pro 2 Station in Lake Worth Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 06:54:43 AM »
Great photos. I like the setup for your wind sensors but the stake that you have mounted the ISS on looks a bit flimsy. Is that going to remain in position, especially in strong winds and maintain level for the sensors? When I lived in Florida, it was easy to dig a 4 ft deep hole in the sandy soil and put a 10 ft pressure treated 4x4 in the ground for the ISS. Looks like that's a 4x4 post for your wind sensors?

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 09:48:26 AM »
Great photos. I like the setup for your wind sensors but the stake that you have mounted the ISS on looks a bit flimsy. Is that going to remain in position, especially in strong winds and maintain level for the sensors? When I lived in Florida, it was easy to dig a 4 ft deep hole in the sandy soil and put a 10 ft pressure treated 4x4 in the ground for the ISS. Looks like that's a 4x4 post for your wind sensors?

No sway the 4 by 4 post is in the ground 3 1/2 feet with concrete with cross bars. Also my EMT is removed easily with 4 bolts for easy maintenance of the anemometer. My roof will fly away before my station goes anywhere.

Offline weatherdoc

• Senior Contributor
    • Willowsford Farm Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 07:35:28 AM »
Yeah, the post for the wind sensors looks great - I'm talking about the metal stake your ISS is mounted on.

BTW, how high are the wind sensors? Looks like you have an excellent location for measuring winds.

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 08:22:30 AM »
Yeah, the post for the wind sensors looks great - I'm talking about the metal stake your ISS is mounted on.

BTW, how high are the wind sensors? Looks like you have an excellent location for measuring winds.

Oh ok yea that’s in the ground 2 feet almost minimal vibration there. Kept it 5 feet from ground and separated from anemometer for easy maintenance also.