Author Topic: anyone else have a homeseer home automation system?  (Read 455 times)

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
anyone else have a homeseer home automation system?
« on: March 13, 2020, 06:34:13 PM »
I just got one to control my wemo plugs. and I was just wondering what else anyone uses

Anthony

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: anyone else have a homeseer home automation system?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
... and I was just wondering what else anyone uses

I use:
Lutron Caseta devices with a Lutron Caseta Bridge. Then I use Samsung SmartThings as a main controller brain for Lutron with its advanced programming capabilities and ability to add additional Zigbee and Z-wave sensors and devices. Lutron integration with SmartThings is a nice upgrade to regular Zigbee and Z-wave switches and dimmers. Then I use Amazon Echos to have voice control of devices and scenes.

I tested Zigbee and Z-wave switches and dimmers connected to SmartThings and compared them to Lutron switches and dimmers. What I learned was that Lutron has advanced capabilities with extra favorite settings, dimmer LED indicators, and most importantly the response time is instantaneous with Lutron compared to Zigbee and Z-wave devices. I also like the functionality of the Lutron ceiling fan control. Yes I paid more for Lutron, but I got more and the switches and dimmers look much more decorative. Oh and the Lutron Pico remotes are awesome.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:14:22 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything