Author Topic: Windows 10 update 2019-06+Feature 1903+ VSPE issue!  (Read 1107 times)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Windows 10 update 2019-06+Feature 1903+ VSPE issue!
« on: June 11, 2019, 07:23:34 PM »
Whew, quite a rabbit hole I went down for this 'Patch Tuesday' (11-Jun-2019).

Both systems got the 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 (takes several hours) and the 2019-06 Cumulative update to V 1903.

Multiple reboots, and finally started up the weather system.  Oops.. the VSPE (http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html) would start/run/say it's ok, but the VirtualVP mapped comports would show 'green' but the connection wouldn't happen.

Turns out (after several hours of debugging and rapid internet searches) that VSPE 64bit needed an update to 0.940.5.097, so I downloaded the package, used my prior 64bit registration key, and the WX system is back running again.  Same applied to my development system.

First time in quite a while for the Windows Update to hose over a key part of my WX software setup. 

Word to the wise.. update the VSPE software before you do the 2019-06 Microsoft update.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP