Author Topic: New Weather Software  (Read 64362 times)

Offline Josiah

• Add-InWx Software Author
  • Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
New Weather Software
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »
Edit: 2/4/2015
This thread is for the Original version of my software that I am no longer working on.
The thread for the new version can be found here: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=24359.0
For the latest on whats going on check the new thread.
You can also visit the website for the new version: www.addinwx.net

Thanks all,
Josiah

Hello WXforum,

About 3 years ago we purchased our first real weather station (an Ultimeter 2100 from PeetBros with pro sensors) and shortly thereafter started looking at software to interface to it. What we were looking for was something that would display the data in a nice/easy to read way while still having a few good features. We started with the "WeatherText Tools" software that came with the Station then moved to software (Of which i don't remember the name of) that was originally available at N3FJP's website back in 2010. We then tried "Weather Display" and "Cumulus" neither of which we liked. After that we tried 3 or 4 other pieces of software before finally giving up. Our biggest complaint with the existing software was that they either didn't display the Station data very well or the configuration was at best a complete mess.

Being relatively new to programing at that time I started working on my own software to interface to our Station and since then it has evolved into this (see attached screenshots).

Here is a rundown of some the features:
It supports the following Weather Stations:
PeetBros. Ultimeter models 2100, 800 and 100 (2005 and later)
Davis Vantage Vue, Pro and Pro2.

Other Features include:
CWOP and WUnderground Uploads.
Weather station Data Logging (Currently no way to see the logged data, waiting for a brain storm on a good way to display it.)
And a Text-To-Speech engine. (Activated by tapping the Space key.)

Networking:  (You can have it connected to a weather station with one PC then view the station data from software running on other PCs connected via LAN, and I think it will work over internet assuming port-forwarding is configured. Haven't had a chance to try this though.) This has been temporarily disabled. (I want to rethink how I want it to function.)

I would like to add support for more stations but my budget doesn't allow me to purchase any more. This is where I need your help, I'm looking for beta testers, suggestions and any information you guys can provide me with to make this even better.

Here's a Download Link for those who want to give it a try.
https://app.box.com/s/1wmunmzt5awgyu18tl9w

It Does require the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile which can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872
If your unsure of which version of the .NET Framework you have, Try this: https://app.box.com/s/6y1g2zdjkv4pijq93iam Its a program that I wrote for Listing all the versions of the .net Framework that are installed on the local PC.

Just for those wondering if it will run on a Mac or Linux OS, I'm sorry but it won't.
I've been a Microsoft OS guy pretty much my entire life so that is the OS I'm developing on and for right now. Support for other OSes may come at a later date, however I'm not guaranteeing anything. For right now I want to focus on adding features, support for more WX stations, and bug fixes.

As a side note, please let me know what you think. For those who do give it a try, I would be very grateful to hear about any software bugs you encounter, anything you would like to see changed or added and what your experiences with it are. The more feedback I get, the better I'll be able to make it, and the faster I'll be able to fix bugs.

I decided to start posting a change log for those who want to see what has been done with it between each version.

Current major Bugs include: (These are ongoing problems that I've been working on resolving.)

SOLVED (version [1.3]): CRC checking still not functioning for Davis Stations.
SOLVED (version [1.3]): Software was receiving Bad Data at Random from Davis Stations.

Version [1.3]  7/31/2014
Changed a Few miscellaneous things relating to whats displayed.
Fixed the Dewpoint Uploads to Weather Underground.
Added the Solar Radiation and UV Index to the display.
Fixed the Altitude adjusted pressure for CWOP uploads. (New Formulas) Special Thanks to Steve Hatchett From SoftWx for the use of his Code Snippets.
Fixed a Bug in the "Tomorrows" Sunrise/Sunset times.

Version [1.2]   7/27/2014
So I've decided to set the barometric pressure for the CWOP uploads to use whatever the Console is set to output until I get this figured-out.
I've also combined the Heat-Index and Wind-Chill into the same box. The program will switch between the Outside Temp, Wind-Chill and Heat-Index as appropriate. The label will also update to show which one its currently displaying. (I did this because I wanted to free-up some space in preparation for adding the UV-Index and Solar Radiation. Also, you never need the Wind-Chill and Heat-Index at the same time anyway, so I figured this was the best way to go.)
I've fixed the Sunrise Sunset times so now they adjust properly for the local time offset.

Version [1.1]
Added an Option to choose what format the station Coordinates are entered in.
Fixed the Barometric Pressure for the CWOP uploads so it uses a Altitude adjusted pressure instead of the raw station pressure. (I'm still working in this one)
Added a Station Elevation Input. (ASL or above Sea Level)
Added an elapsed time since last data was received from the station.
Added CRC Checking on Data from Davis Stations.
Added Examples to the Station Location input.

Version [1.0] "The Davis Update" 7/21/2014
The connection error message will now clear when it successfully reconnects to the station.
mbar and hpa options for the Barometric pressure are now working.
Thanks to the debugging help from Forum users, dean.martin and Beaudog, Davis Stations are now supported. Vantage Pro2 and Vue have been confirmed to be working. Pro1 stations should also work but have not been confirmed.

Version [7.17.2014]
Added WUnderground Uploads.
BugFix another bug not allowing connections to Davis Stations Via TCP.
BugFix Program was throwing errors when attempting to load settings out of an older Settings file.
BugFix Program would throw error messages if the PC didn't have any Serial ports.
Serial Connection errors are now logged to a file.
Added a Connection Status Line to the Main Screen. (This was to prevent alot of message boxes from popping up and suspending program execution.)
There was also other small bug fixes.

Version: 7/14/2014
Moved       The CWOP upload options are now set per individual station via the WX Station Editor.
Moved       The Station Lat./Long. boxes are now on the WX Station Editor.
Change      The Station Lat. and Long. Input boxes are now separate.
Added        Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Vantage Pro and Davis Vantage Pro2 weather Stations connection via LAN Setting is now on the Station Editor Window.
Added        Support for Davis Stations Connected Via Serial.
Moved       Station Hosting Options are now set per individual Station.(Not Fully implemented yet)
Moved       Station Logging option is now on the WX Station Editor.
Change      The system for saving station settings to a file has been changed.
Added        Support for using a HAM Callsign and password for uploading to CWOP.
Change      The selections for the Displayed units are now in drop down lists.
Change      Rearranged the Options window.
Added        hpa is now an option for the Displayed Barometric Pressure Units.
Added        TCP connection errors are now logged to a text file.
Added        There is now a 2 second delay between LOOP packet requests from Davis stations.
Added        If it encounters a Error while connecting to a Davis Station it will now wait 30 seconds before reattempting a connection. (This was mainly to prevent Message-box Spamming the user.)
BugFix        Fixed a Major bug not allowing a TCP connection to Davis Stations.
BugFix        Fixed a bug that would prevent Serial Connections to PeetBros. Ultimeter 800 and 100 stations.

For those who are reading this thread for the first time, You can probably skip over most of the posts. They are mostly conversations about bugs that have been worked on. Unless of course you want to take the time to read all 150+ posts.

If you are not interested in whats going on between software updates but still want to bring yourself up-to-date on whats been done, I would suggest keeping on eye on this post (The first post in the thread). I will try to keep this one updated whenever I release a new version.

However, these are only suggestions, so read whatever you like.

Edit: 2/4/2015
This thread is for the Original version of my software that I am no longer working on.
The thread for the new version can be found here: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=24359.0
For the latest on whats going on check the new thread.
You can also visit the website for the new version: www.addinwx.net

Thanks all,
Josiah
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:08:01 AM by Josiah »

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
Re: New Weather Software
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »
I think Dropbox would serve your needs.

Offline smorris

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Long Road Station
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »
This is where I need your help, I'm looking for beta testers

I can help you test the Macintosh version on a Davis VP2+ w/FARS and Soil Station.
Steve - Avon, Ohio
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/FARS, Leaf & Soil Station

CWOP • WU • AWEKAS • CoCoRaHS • Skywarn • MWWN • UK Met • PWS • WeatherBug • Twitter • Facebook

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies,

George Richardson,
I think Dropbox would serve your needs.
Its not a very big file, uncompressed all files sit at 2.12 MB while dropped in a .zip file the size is 0.98 MB.

smorris,
This is where I need your help, I'm looking for beta testers

I can help you test the Macintosh version on a Davis VP2+ w/FARS and Soil Station.

Thanks for your offer to try it on a mac. Although, since all my PCs have run Windows of one version or another my experience with Mac or Linux based operating systems is lacking. Combine that with the original intent was for our own use (i.e. I wasn't originally thinking of running it on anything but Microsoft OSes) + I'm currently writing it in VB.Net and 'presto', I windup with a program that is probably unportable. Now I'm not saying that it can't be done, I'm just saying that if you want to help you may need a little bit of patience while I figure out cross-platform compatibility.

If you are you still interested, do you have any thoughts on how I might be able to port this?

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:53:21 PM »
Your Weather Software looks convincing. does this supports multiple weather stations and downloading raw data from station thru data loggers? I have 20 Davis Vantage pro2 plus w/ IP/TCP data loggers.
Can I download it so I can test it? So that I can suggest and give some comment?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
Looks nice and clean.  Streamlined.  LMK where I can try a copy.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, My internet was down since last Thursday.

Thanks for the interest, I'm still looking for someplace where I can put It so people like you guys can give it a try.

Any suggestions?

It does support multiple weather stations connected Simultaneously. I have it set to create another tab for each additional Station.

Currently it only supports the PeetBros series of weather stations, but i would like to add support for others, I just needed to find someone to suggest which one they would like me to add. Since that seems to be you with your 20 (if i'm reading that right) Davis Vantage pro2 plus stations, That looks like the next one to add.  :grin:

I'll look into the Davis VP2 Stations and TCP/IP Data loggers to see what information I can dig up.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:43 PM »
Ok, So I've Uploaded the file to a BOX account, Here's the link to it: https://app.box.com/s/1wmunmzt5awgyu18tl9w

I'm new to the file hosting sites so if the link doesn't work let me know.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:44:01 PM by Josiah »

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
I've been digging around and found the Communications documentation for the WeatherLinkIP DataLoggers.

So the next thing I need is several raw data packets from a Davis VP2, it would also be helpful if the weather values that the console or other WX Software was displaying at the time the data packets were collected could be passed along.

Can anybody help me with this?

According to the datasheet (starting at page 12) it looks like to get data from the station it may need a "LOOP n" command where n is the number of data packets to send.
Link to DataSheet: http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/downloads/software_dllsdk.asp

QUOTING:
"2. Current Data commands
"LOOP <number of LOOP packets to send-decimal>"
It sends the specified number of LOOP packets, 1 every 2 seconds. Console sleeps between each packet sent. The station responds with an <ACK> then with binary data packet every 2 seconds."

END QUOTE

The Serial communication parameters are on page 5 of the datasheet and are as follows:
QUOTING:

"8 data bits, 1 start bit, 1 stop bit, and no parity.
Default baud rate is 19200. User selectable between 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 14400, and 19200 baud."

END QUOTE

And a few notes from the data sheet:
(End of page 6 through top of page 7)

QUOTING:
"V. Waking up the Console
In order to conserve battery power, the console spends as much time “asleep” as possible, waking up only when required. Receiving a character on the serial port will cause the console to wake up, but it might not wake up fast enough to read the first character correctly. Because of this, you should always perform a wakeup procedure before sending commands to the console:
Console Wakeup procedure:
1. Send a Line Feed character, ‘\n’ (decimal 10, hex 0x0A).
2. Listen for a returned response of Line Feed and Carriage Return characters, (‘\n\r’).
3. If there is no response within a reasonable interval (say 1.2 seconds), then try steps 1 and 2 again up to a total of 3 attempts.
4. If the console has not woken up after 3 attempts, then signal a connection error
After the console has woken up, it will remain awake for 2 minutes. Every time the Vantage receives another character, the 2 minute timer will be reset.

Please note that this is NOT TRUE for the LOOP command. In the LOOP mode, we expect that the Vantage will be sending LOOP packets over time, so it will go to sleep immediately between each packet."

END QUOTE

Also from page 7:

QUOTING:
"VII. Command Formats
The command strings given in the following sections must be followed by a Line Feed characters (‘\n’ or 0x0A or decimal 10) before the console will execute the command.
There are 3 different types of numbers that can be used as command parameters: decimal, hexadecimal and binary. Command parameters are shown with “<parameter name-decimal>”, “<parameter name-hex>”, or “<parameter name-binary>” to indicate which format should be used in each case.
Please note that using the correct number of spaces is very important. For example the command "LOOP <number of LOOP packets to send-decimal>" should be realized with the string "LOOP 4" (i.e. a single space between the "P" and the "4").
There are several different types of command responses. These responses come before any other returned data values.
1. ACK response: when this command is recognized, the console responds with an ASCII ACK (0x06) character. If the command parameters are invalid, a Not Acknowledge response of (0x21) is used. If a block of data is sent with a CRC code, the response CANCEL (0x18) means that the data did not pass the CRC check.
Note: The DMP and DMPAFT commands can use the character <0x15> for negative acknoledgements. See the detailed documentation of these commands in Section XI Download Protocol below for more details.
2. “OK” response: when this command is recognized, the console responds with the character string “\n\rOK\n\r”.
3. “DONE” response: Some commands take some time to complete their operation. For example the command “CLRGRA” will clear all the console graph points. The Vantage will respond with an “OK” when it receives the command, and “DONE” when it is finished. Do not attempt to send any commands to the console until the “DONE\n\r” response has been received."

END QUOTE

If someone can provide me with the RAW data packets the I can probably get it going within a week of receiving the info.

Offline yojlirpa22

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »
Ok, So I've Uploaded the file to a BOX account, Here's the link to it: https://app.box.com/s/1wmunmzt5awgyu18tl9w

I'm new to the file hosting sites so if the link doesn't work let me know.

Hi Josiah,

Your link doesn't work. Can you send another link?

This is interesting.  =D&gt;
Where can we possibly download your software? I think this might help us in our problem with the WeatherLink Software.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 04:07:06 AM »
If someone can provide me with the RAW data packets the I can probably get it going within a week of receiving the info.

Just read further into the Serial Tech Ref document. All of the binary formats for the various data records are described there. In any event, the raw data packets are not normally saved in their native format - they're processed and then saved into whatever database-type structure the software might be using. It's feasible of course for someone to write some code to save, for example, one or more raw LOOP packets to a binary file but I'm not aware of any such utility.

TBH you're probably going to struggle if you don't have a Davis station and logger to experiment with - there are too many details in the retrieval and decoding of eg the LOOP packets to reasonably expect get something working 100% from the paper documentation alone. And if you do have a Davis setup then just write some code to retrieve some packets and experiment with decoding them.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 08:03:10 AM »
Your link doesn't work. Can you send another link?
Thanks for letting me know, I must have chosen the wrong link type when I posted it.
Here's a new link. https://app.box.com/s/1wmunmzt5awgyu18tl9w

Just read further into the Serial Tech Ref document. All of the binary formats for the various data records are described there.

I've read most of the Serial Tech Ref document last night and am going to finish reading the rest of it later today. I don't 'absolutely have to have' any raw LOOP packets to get started on coding because everything I really need is in that document. However, it still would be nice to have some raw data packets around because I don't have any Davis equipment and it would give me the ability to test the incoming WX station data portion of my code before posting the updated software. Or put simply, It would allow me to test and debug that portion of my code quicker and easier.

It's feasible of course for someone to write some code to save, for example, one or more raw LOOP packets to a binary file but I'm not aware of any such utility.

I'm thinking about writing a utility to do just that. I think it will be helpful for others + It'll be the first step into getting my software working with the Davis Stations. What do you guys think?

The other possibility of-course, is to use a Terminal Emulation program like HyperTerminal (was in Windows 7 & I believe it was also in XP) or Symantec's Procomm Plus (Not sure where to find this one anymore).

To sum things up, having raw LOOP packets is not a hard requirement, but would make things quite-a-bit easier.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 08:51:40 AM »
I'm thinking about writing a utility to do just that. I think it will be helpful for others + It'll be the first step into getting my software working with the Davis Stations. What do you guys think?

Honestly? I think that anyone seriously wanting to write code for Davis stations is going to need access to a Davis station. I don't think you can expect other users to try to debug code that hasn't even been alpha tested by the author. So I'm not really sure who else would find such a utility of any value. If you haven't already got one, buy (used, if necessary) or somehow get access to a Davis station would be my advice. You'll find writing code for it dramatically easier IMHO.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 12:03:04 PM »

Honestly? I think that anyone seriously wanting to write code for Davis stations is going to need access to a Davis station. I don't think you can expect other users to try to debug code that hasn't even been alpha tested by the author. So I'm not really sure who else would find such a utility of any value. If you haven't already got one, buy (used, if necessary) or somehow get access to a Davis station would be my advice. You'll find writing code for it dramatically easier IMHO.

Thank you for putting it bluntly, It wasn't what I wanted to hear but I did need to hear that from somebody. I was trying to spend as little $ on this as I could, But your absolutely right, I really do need to get access to or just purchase a Davis Station in order to do this right. And yes, it would make writing code a lot easier.

I going to look around for a Davis Station.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 07:42:31 AM »
Ok, So I've been a little busier than usual lately, Meaning that I haven't had a chance to sit down and get very much programming done.

I've been doing quite a bit of thinking though and have come up with one option for connecting to a Davis station while not having direct access to the console. My idea is, if someone with a Davis and WeatherLinkIP is willing to pass me the IP address of their Station, then I would be able to alpha test code I write before passing it to anyone else for beta testing.

I do understand that it may not be as good as having direct access to a Davis Console, but it should still work.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »
Here's the status so far,

Over this last weekend I was able to gain access to a Davis Vantage Vue with a WeatherLinkIP Data Logger. I was able to get my software to connect and process a data string. However I did not have enough time to solve a problem with the software not auto refreshing. I got it to the point of when the software starts it will connect and get a set of data from the station but was not getting anything after that. I've been going over my code since then, and believe I've fixed that bug.
If someone with a WeatherLinkIP could give it a try that would be very helpful.

I've added a link to the software in my first post and will keep it Up-To-Date whenever I upload a new version.

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:06:59 PM »
Here's the status so far,

Over this last weekend I was able to gain access to a Davis Vantage Vue with a WeatherLinkIP Data Logger. I was able to get my software to connect and process a data string. However I did not have enough time to solve a problem with the software not auto refreshing. I got it to the point of when the software starts it will connect and get a set of data from the station but was not getting anything after that. I've been going over my code since then, and believe I've fixed that bug.
If someone with a WeatherLinkIP could give it a try that would be very helpful.

I've added a link to the software in my first post and will keep it Up-To-Date whenever I upload a new version.

Josiah,

I will try this and give you feedback this day. Thanks 

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:53:46 PM »
Josiah,

I already tried it and this is what I've observed;

1. If it encounters network error or if you set to a wrong network, the weather stations you add will be all cleared and you will again add a station.

2. I cannot connect. I mean, I think I am connected because there is no network error popping out but the station is not receiving any data from the station but the dew point and cloud base has a value same from other station.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 09:05:50 AM »
dean,

Here's a couple things to try.
If you want to change the configuration for a Station, try selecting it from the list. This will enable the Edit and Remove buttons.
Also Verify that you have the Correct IP Address and Port Number. By default, Davis sets the Port Number to 22222 on all their WeatherLinkIPs. The IP Address It gets automatically from a DHCP server such as DSL modem.
When I need to find an IP address of a networked device that I can't log into directly (ie. a PC), I will use an IP scanning program like this: http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ or this: http://angryip.org/.

One Note about the Dew point and Cloud base, These values are calculated on the PC side so they aren't a good reference to see if the program was actually able to connect to a Weather Station.

Hope this helps.

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »
dean,

If you want to change the configuration for a Station, try selecting it from the list. This will enable the Edit and Remove buttons.
Also Verify that you have the Correct IP Address and Port Number. By default, Davis sets the Port Number to 22222 on all their WeatherLinkIPs. The IP Address It gets automatically from a DHCP server such as DSL modem.
When I need to find an IP address of a networked device that I can't log into directly (ie. a PC), I will use an IP scanning program like this: http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ or this: http://angryip.org/.

One Note about the Dew point and Cloud base, These values are calculated on the PC side so they aren't a good reference to see if the program was actually able to connect to a Weather Station.

Hope this helps.

yes. I know the IP address of our weather stations. we set it to static IP and we have a listed all of it. All port number are on 22222. Why I can't connect? I can use Cumulus and Weatherlink software and it connects well. I think there still bug on your software connecting to Davis AWS.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:15:20 AM by dean.martin »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Also, you should include options for additional sensors like solar and uv sensor because we have that on davis Vantage pro 2 plus.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »
dean,

Ok, Thank you for continuing to give me feedback. Its going to help with getting it working how it should.

Also, you should include options for additional sensors like solar and uv sensor because we have that on davis Vantage pro 2 plus.

I was just thinking about that the other day.. I will add those as well.. For now I want to focus on getting it working properly with the Davis Stations.

dean,

Hope this helps.

yes. I know the IP address of our weather stations. we set it to static IP and we have a lists of it. All port number are on 22222. Why I can't connect? I can use Cumulus and Weatherlink software and it connects well. I think there still bug on your software connecting to Davis AWS.
I'm working on a few other things with it right now but I will definitely look into it.
In the mean time, are you trying to connect to just one station or are you adding multiple? If you've added multiple stations to the Station List, try checking the other Tabs that show up on the main screen. Also If restating the program doesn't get it going, try starting it with Administrative Privileges.
Another thought is that your firewall might be blocking it..

Anyway, Let me know how it goes.

[EDIT]
By the way, what sensors do you have hooked up to you Station?
[END EDIT]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:21:36 PM by Josiah »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:07 PM »
[EDIT]
By the way, what sensors do you have hooked up to you Station?
[END EDIT]

Jos,

Sensors we have on our AWS are Wind(speed and direction), temperature, humidity, rain, barometer, Solar, and UV. One of our DAVIS AWS also have leaf moisture sensor and we're planning to add soil moisture sensor in the future.

By the way, I also suggest to include hPa(hectopascal) for Barometer Unit in the software because we prefer hPa for pressure measurement.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:32:40 PM by dean.martin »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »

I'm working on a few other things with it right now but I will definitely look into it.
In the mean time, are you trying to connect to just one station or are you adding multiple? If you've added multiple stations to the Station List, try checking the other Tabs that show up on the main screen. Also If restating the program doesn't get it going, try starting it with Administrative Privileges.
Another thought is that your firewall might be blocking it..

Anyway, Let me know how it goes.

Jos,

I already add the software from firewall to allow connections and I also allowed TCP port 22222. I turned off the firewall to make sure no blocking of connection during testing but still no readings from the station. I tried 1 station to 2 station at a time.

Have you tried using the cumulus software? I am sure you can get a lot of information there for connection settings and as well as other advance connection such as pushing the readings to weather underground site.

I will keep in-touch with you in this project.

Thank you.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »

Have you tried using the cumulus software? I am sure you can get a lot of information there for connection settings and as well as other advance connection such as pushing the readings to weather underground site.

dean,

Its been awhile since I've tried using the cumulus software, however I'll take a look at it again.

Uploading to Weather Underground is also on my todo list. I'll add hpa to the Barometer Units selection as well.
Give me a few days to work on it.

Thanks for giving me a hand.

I do have a question though, it shouldn't make a difference but have you been trying to have it connect over a local LAN or the Internet?

[EDIT]
One thing I just remembered, I heard somewhere (I don't recall where..) that the 'WeatherLinkIP' could only support one client connection at a time. I don't know whether or not this is true. Can anybody verify this?
[END EDIT]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:24:30 PM by Josiah »

anything