Weather Station Hardware > Weather Web Cams

Reolink

(1/2) > >>

ocala:
I have 4 of these camera's and so far they work well and the images are great.
Problem I am having is the camera picking up moving objects at a distance. I have a big lot and I want to see when vehicles or people enter the yard. The best I can get is about 15 feet away. I have camera set to record any time it see's movement but I go back and look and there is no recording.  I have tried adjusting the sensitivity controls but no luck. The specific camera is an Argus 3 Pro.
Maybe I bought the wrong camera for what I need. Just curious what your experiences are with recording objects at a distance.
Crazy but I have and old smart phone I use with Alfred software and it picks up everything. Even at long distances. Now if a smart phone camera can do it why not a security camera.   

Cutty Sark Sailor:
I think the max IR range is about 30 feet for animate objects and about 50 feet for vehicles. If it's behind a glass window, camera housing, range reduced. I think the zone area size also influences the sensitivity. This is about what I see on my 410s. I think any thermal background can affect sensitivity. I also suspect the resolution settings influence this... with fluid being less, but don't remember for sure.  Are you using the Client or a DVR?

ocala:
Camera is outside.
Using both the client and app. No DVR.
I understand the IR would have a limit but daytime is really the issue. I have stood outside waving my arms, walking back and forth  changing the settings but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I have not changed the resolution. Didn't think of that. In your opinion should I go higher or lower with that.
Also the zone area's are the FOV of the camera.

davidmc36:
Remember that if you walk straight toward or away from it they don't trip as easy as movement crosswise.

Cutty Sark Sailor:
Oops... that's a battery powered model isn't it?   You lose most of the PIR functions on those models... all you can set is sensitivity. Sigh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version