Weather Software > Acurite Access Software

CWOP through Access

<< < (2/7) > >>

nincehelser:

--- Quote from: Jstx on June 03, 2019, 02:26:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: ctccbc on June 03, 2019, 12:15:19 PM ---Any idea of whether or not Acurite will add CWOP as a sharing option through the Access? I would love it if they did add the CWOP option.  I upload to Weather Underground, but my initial thought is that they probably will not add CWOP, since I believe their focus would be in other areas and not adding new sharing options through Access. In fact, we are probably fortunate that Weather Underground is even included.

Thanks
Chris
moreheadcityweather.com

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: nincehelser on June 03, 2019, 12:46:02 PM ---Their intention has always been to add other sharing services. 

You can see hints of that in the way it is structured.

--- End quote ---

Back a few months ago I had an Acurite 'customer service chat session' and asked that question of the Acurite rep. The answer was basically a NO.
I'll grant that the rep's wording of "At this time..." allows a tiny bit of wiggle room for a possible upgrade to the Access to support uploading your PWS data to CWOP et al.. But I wouldn't hold my breath, the odds of them doing that is less than 2%, IMO; given their, and others, track records.

I'll quote part of my Acurite partial 'chat session' below, along with a link to my full previous WXForum comment about it that I made here [w/more detail]:

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36525.msg375412#msg375412

WXForum:  "Topic: Support for other than WU", Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019:

"...Support chat:
Me: "Is there any way to have this PWS communicate with other weather services besides WU and Acurite? WX services like CWOP?"
AcuRite: "At this time we only communicate with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"
Me: "Does the Atlas model do so?"
AcuRite: "Regrettably, it does not all our online devices only work with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"

There would be such a simple software fix to allow comms with other PWS upload websites (CWOP, PWS, etc), and AcuRite (and other PWS vendors) apparently have no intention of doing that very easy addition.
With most PWS's you have to buy tons of extra, expensive, devices and software just to accomplish such a simple task (looking at Davis here, especially). ..."

Sounds pretty definitive to me, it ain't happening:
["At this time we only communicate with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"
Me: "Does the Atlas model do so?"
AcuRite: "Regrettably, it does not all our online devices only work with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"]

--- End quote ---

Ummm, yeah. 

Calling that “definitive” is quite the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstx:

--- Quote from: nincehelser on June 03, 2019, 02:57:19 PM ---

Ummm, yeah. 

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you're just not as cynical or attuned to 'corpora-speak' as I am?
Not that there's anything wrong with being an optimist I guess, but it's pretty well been beaten out of me [spent almost forty years in a major corp, saw/heard it all].
Two recent personal examples, one with a vehicle dealer who did their best to shaft me out of an extra $1K on an SUV [I had to get pretty...errrm... 'legal' on the tricky b......s]; and secondly in buying an expensive new lawn tractor and having it damaged in delivery by an incompetent delivery service/trucker.

CW2274:
This is not a far fetched question nowadays, as I think most will agree, but what happens if WU goes under? Where will you go?

nincehelser:

--- Quote from: Jstx on June 03, 2019, 03:25:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: nincehelser on June 03, 2019, 02:57:19 PM ---

Ummm, yeah. 

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you're just not as cynical or attuned to 'corpora-speak' as I am?
Not that there's anything wrong with being an optimist I guess, but it's pretty well been beaten out of me [spent almost forty years in a major corp, saw/heard it all].
Two recent personal examples, one with a vehicle dealer who did their best to shaft me out of an extra $1K on an SUV [I had to get pretty...errrm... 'legal' on the tricky b......s]; and secondly in buying an expensive new lawn tractor and having it damaged in delivery by an incompetent delivery service/trucker.

--- End quote ---

I can handle “corporate speak” with the best of them.  There’s nothing interesting or unusual in your transcript.

The support folk simply are not at liberty to release information other than what has been approved by their management.  That should be obvious to anyone with “corporate experience”.

nincehelser:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on June 03, 2019, 03:32:10 PM ---This is not a far fetched question nowadays, as I think most will agree, but what happens if WU goes under? Where will you go?

--- End quote ---

If it comes to that, there’s still MyAcuRite, and it’s not that hard to re-direct the data that was going to wunderground with local DNS.

But it’s far more likely AcuRite would just change services with an update to Access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version