General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Weather Folklore

Has anyone ever heard of this?

(1/5) > >>

rontech:
When I was a kid growing up in Michigan my Dad told us kids about an Indian legend in which, if you point at a storm, it would come towards you. He would tell us NEVER EVER point at a storm. So a storm would come by and it looked like it would miss us so my sister and I would go point at it, and it would hit us. My Dad worked for Detroit Edison, and when a storm hit and the power went out, he would get called out. One time we had this huge thunderstorm come through and the winds were knocking trees over and doing lots of other damage and the power went out. He gets called out, the storm passes, and we went out and pointed at it again and sure enough, it came back, stronger this time. Poor Dad was out for 3 days restoring the power. He would get so mad if anyone pointed at a storm, and even now he gets mad if someone points at a a storm. A while back I took a picture of a storm with me pointing at it and sent it to him :D No, this one didn't come towards me. But has anyone ever heard of this? We lived in Michigan at the time, and there were Indians there before so, who knows... It doesn't seem to work as well out here in Calif., pointing at the storms...

Jáchym:
I have never heard this legend... but next time we have a storm I can try pointing at it to see if it works globally :D

DaleReid:
I think it depends a lot on the mood of the cloud that day, whether it worries about being pointed at.

I tried pointing at pretty co eds when I was in college and all I got was police coming at me....

Aardvark:
I bet they ate a lot of paint chips back then.

Arty:

--- Quote from: rontech on October 29, 2015, 10:40:23 PM ---When I was a kid growing up in Michigan my Dad told us kids about an Indian legend in which, if you point at a storm, it would come towards you. He would tell us NEVER EVER point at a storm. So a storm would come by and it looked like it would miss us so my sister and I would go point at it, and it would hit us. My Dad worked for Detroit Edison, and when a storm hit and the power went out, he would get called out. One time we had this huge thunderstorm come through and the winds were knocking trees over and doing lots of other damage and the power went out. He gets called out, the storm passes, and we went out and pointed at it again and sure enough, it came back, stronger this time. Poor Dad was out for 3 days restoring the power. He would get so mad if anyone pointed at a storm, and even now he gets mad if someone points at a a storm. A while back I took a picture of a storm with me pointing at it and sent it to him :D No, this one didn't come towards me. But has anyone ever heard of this? We lived in Michigan at the time, and there were Indians there before so, who knows... It doesn't seem to work as well out here in Calif., pointing at the storms...

--- End quote ---
Never  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version