Author Topic: Sharing AcuRite 5-in-1 Personal Weather Station readings to a Website  (Read 955 times)

Offline #wxswaggy

• KCALESCON230
Any recommended sites I can create for my weather station that is free and not intimidating to use? I use an AcuRite 5-in-1 Personal Weather Station and rely on AcuRite PC Connect to share data to Weather Underground.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Sharing AcuRite 5-in-1 Personal Weather Station readings to a Website
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:03:29 AM »
The issue you pesents has two parts.

• How to get the data from your harware
  • How to then send the data to other sites (online services and personal websites)

Therefore you need to start by identifying exactly what you have. The 5-in-1 from Acurite supports different display consoles, each with different abilities. Identifying the console is important. Some consoles have a USB connection that supports what is referred to as USB mode 3 for 3rd party connectivity like using a Meteobridge which is as simple as plug in and configure services. This 3rd party software will allow you to then send data to other places. Since you mentioned that you are using the PC connect software it seems your station supports USB mode 3.

There are other ways which may be better yet, like using Acuparse or WeeWx. You can also add an Acurite Access device to then pull data from that using Acuparse.

You should now research these options I mentioned to learn about how they work and how they are configured.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:05:26 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline damageddolphin

Re: Sharing AcuRite 5-in-1 Personal Weather Station readings to a Website
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 01:43:32 PM »
Aloha,

I post mine to Twitter. It's not easy and done through a few hacks involving a Raspberry Pi, a RTL-SDR receiver, and some Python code. But if you're interested in the how, I don't mind sharing the details.

It tweets out something like this every hour:

Temp: 65.3F (18.5C)
RH: 90%
inHg: 29.66"
hPa: 1004
Wind: N 0 mph (0 kph)
UV Index: 0
Lux: 2691
Rain: 0
Rain Totals: 0.52