Author Topic: New system, barometer not working  (Read 1002 times)

Offline jzinckgra

• Raymond, ME
New system, barometer not working
« on: January 19, 2019, 04:11:29 PM »
Just installed a new ws2000 and it's not reporting a barometer reading. Also, what's with having to shut off 5 GHz on dual band router to get WiFi to work

Offline Theo

Re: New system, barometer not working
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 04:49:38 PM »
I did not have to shutoff 5Ghz to get my WS-2000 running, it might be your particular router type.  As long as the router SUPPORT 2.4Ghz, it should work fine.

As far as the barometer reading, on which device is it not working?  If the Osprey, try resetting it, if is is on your indoor sensor, try taking the battery out and putting back in.  If neither end up working, contact support, they are pretty responsive.

Offline jzinckgra

• Raymond, ME
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:13:33 PM »
I just realized I didn't buy the indoor sensor, so no barometer. Pretty disappointed I need a separate sensor for indoor temp, humidity and barometer. Just left a friend's house and he had a Lacrosse system with nice display and no need for extra sensor. All built in

Offline jzinckgra

• Raymond, ME
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:42:41 PM »
I've disabled 5 GHz and tablet still does not detect my router. I'm not even getting a wifi signal and it's plenty close to router

Offline Theo

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:22:53 PM »
You might want to contact support after you try upgrading to 4.09 for wifi.  Mine works great with 5ghz enabled on my mesh network.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:49:38 PM »
The purpose for the external temperature/humidity/barometer sensor is because certain display consoles heat up. This causes bad indoor temperature reporting. So the solution is to have the external sensor. LCD type displays heat up. The WS-2902A has the sensor internal and that is because it is a different type of display, as it is LED and does not get hot.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:10:35 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline jzinckgra

• Raymond, ME
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 09:08:11 AM »
Thanks. Makes sense. Got WiFi working

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 09:12:23 AM »
What was the solution to your WiFi problem?
Tele-Pole

Offline jzinckgra

• Raymond, ME
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 07:07:01 PM »
What was the solution to your WiFi problem?
i had to manually enter SSID then press connect

Offline Ski Pro 3

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 01:06:17 AM »
I had the same Wifi issue when I first bought my WS-2000.  Finally figured, why not enter it as a hidden SSID.  Then it asked for a password, which I don't need or use, living so far out in the woods, no worry of anyone poaching my Wifi.  So I entered a few letters and numbers randomly in that field so I could advance to the ENTER.  BAM!  That not only worked, my other Wifi's showed up too. 
After a recent firmware update, I had the same problem.  Again even.  Repeated the steps and got the console to see the Wifi and all is good again. 
I have an Xfinity Comcast Gateway MB3 or M3B or some such unit.  Has a RJ11 for a telephone as I have internet, wifi, telephone and TV all from them.  No cell phone coverage way out here either, so I've been thinking of getting one of the Xfinity/Comcast smart phones.  No idea what I'd do with it though.  My son gave me a smart phone, no service on it, for the wifi so I can download the Wifi firmware for the WS-2000. 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »
The release notes for Revision Firmware state that since firmware version 1.2.1 this problem of not being able to connect WiFi to non-secured network has been fixed. So for anyone else having this problem, update the firmware before attempting to join the network. Or better yet secure your WiFi network with a password as it's bound to cause issues with other future devices. Also hidden SSID is not a good idea and causes issues from my experience. You gain no security by hiding your SSID as it is still visible but just has no name.

https://www.ambientweather.com/amwewsfidoce.html
-------------------------------------------------------
November 14 2018 | Version 1.2.1

Changes:
The console could not connect to a non-secure network. This issue was resolved.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:25:34 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

anything