Author Topic: GW1000 cross compatibility with Ambient and Ecowitt  (Read 1039 times)

Offline alnames

GW1000 cross compatibility with Ambient and Ecowitt
« on: May 23, 2019, 07:14:00 PM »
Lots of weirdness and inconsistency here (maybe by design?).

Both my WS-2902A and GW1000 show up in both awnet and WS View (Android). But only the GW1000 shows any data (in both apps though awnet is in English units and WS View is in Metric). Both Apps keep wanting me to register the WS-2902A (which has been happily reporting to ambientweather.net for several weeks). I did initially successfully register each device in the appropriate app (WS-2902A in awnet and GW1000 in WS View).

Ecowitt.net is reporting data from the GW1000 without issue. Just for fun I successfully registered the GW1000 at ambientweather.net (the MAC address only differs on the last two octets from the WS-2902A). However ambientweather.net indicates that it is not receiving any data from the GW1000 (probably something different in the firmware protocol, no biggie).

I've got the GW1000 setup with my old Meteobridge for reported to CWOP and Openweathermap (I initially retired the Meteobridge with the Accurite Smart Hub debacle). I may switch to the Raspberry Pi and WeeWX to save money (due to the recurring License fee).

Just a few observations. Still looking for a good way to add my PWS to my MagicMirror since the demise of the old WU API. Such a shame.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: GW1000 cross compatibility with Ambient and Ecowitt
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 11:12:13 PM »
You can only use one app at a time. Must close the other app before opening the next.

Both will show all sensors but not necessarily the Ecowitt sensors on the awnet app.

You can show English or Metric units with either app. It's under Menu / Units.

There is no point in registering GW1000 MAC on Ambientweather.net as the GW1000 is not sending data there.

Continuing the Meteobridge license is optional. You can keep using it after 2 years with whatever latest version you had at the moment of expiration. The renewal for two more years is only for continuing the updates and new features. It's a totally reasonable renewal price of 19 Euros anyway.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:21:37 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole