Author Topic: WS 2902A  (Read 388 times)

Offline Namrats

• Tarpey Village -- KCAFRESN99
WS 2902A
« on: November 07, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »
Is there a battery reading to let us know how low the batteries are? I dont think there is.  It would be simpler if they figured out a way to do that. Looks like ill have to go up the ladder, take the batteries out and check them.....but since im going up the ladder i might as well change them. It will be 2 yrs since i purchased/installed my weather station.
thus far im very satisfied.
i had a tether ball pole embedded in a tire and i put my weather station on top of said pole. The good part is that i can move it easily......
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 05:31:52 PM by Namrats »
Ambient WS-2902

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WS 2902A
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »
Batteries are said to only last but a couple to three years. Some people don't chance it and replace them yearly.

But I think you should be doing more regular maintenance at least of the rain gauge. Wipe the thing down maybe getting rid of water marks on the solar panel and getting rid of spider webs and bugs that often make homes inside and around the radiation shield and rain gauge. Even if you are in the clear without trees, rain water is not without impurities and stuff collects on the tipping spoon. Sure you may be getting data without maintenance but imagine if it could just be better if you did some of these things.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
Re: WS 2902A
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 04:00:17 AM »
Agree with Galfert on that maintenance suggestion.
2 years between cleaning sessions is probably too little even for the benign Californian climate!
As for batteries, unless you are running Lithium again 2 years is probably the maximum and you should really swap out Alkaline cells every year to avoid risk of leakage and subsequent damage.
Its never wise to run Alkaline cells to the point of failure in important or sensitive kit as I have found to my own cost many times when I have forgotten them!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

anything