Author Topic: Default Canadian Radar Map in Weather Display  (Read 283 times)

Offline ve4cy

• Woodlands Manitoba Weather Site
Default Canadian Radar Map in Weather Display
« on: January 16, 2024, 03:12:46 PM »
When I access the Radar function on my Weather Display weather site  The radar site defaults to King City near Toronto.  See https://ve4cy.net/wxradar.php

I want it to default to Woodlands (CASWL) (which is where I live) It's in the Prairie section of the dropdown menu.  I can call it up that way.

I did have it so that Woodlands CAWSL would show up as default.  But since installing the latest weather scripts I can't stop it from defaulting to King City (CASKR).

I looked through all the wxecradar* scripts and put CASWL in the only places I could find for setting the default site.

Code: [Select]
wxecradar-inc.php:              $radarLoc = 'CASWL'; // IMPORTAMT!!! Default radar location is set here
wxradar.php:$radarLoc = 'CASWL'; // IMPORTANT!!! Default radar location is set here

This did work in the past, but doing it this time with the new scripts doesn't change the default King City that pops up when the weather map appears.

What else needs changing to get my default showing as Woodlands CASWL ???

Thanks in advance...

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Default Canadian Radar Map in Weather Display
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 05:39:47 PM »
It's in Settings.php
Code: [Select]
// radar settings for wxradar.php page
$SITE['ecradar']    = 'CASET';  // set to default Site for ec-radar (same as id=xxx on EC website)
//                               set to others for Canada regional composite map
The Settings.php entry overrides the setting in wxradar.php
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP