Weather Station Hardware > Weather Radios

Midland WR400 or Sangean CL-100 Weather Radio?

(1/2) > >>

NwsSkyEye:
They both have impressive features and are affordable. Which one is best? Anybody here have one or the other and what are your thoughts pro or con? Is there a better receiver then these two? Thanks in advance.

galfert:
I've got the CL-100. I think it looks nicer. The buttons have a nice quality feel too. The speaker in the Sangean CL-100 is a heavy magnet quality speaker. I love the fade in instead of blaring full volume on an alert. Also top feature of the CL-100 is that it sets the clock automatically via RDS radio signal. I also like having FM radio with RDS to see station data for the program or song or whatever the station wants to transmit via text. I believe but not positive that these are features that the Midland WR400 doesn't have.

The good news is that both of these units support the EoM signal.

PaulKTF:
I have both and I really think they're both pretty much equally good. The Midland WR400 has a display that's bigger and easier to read/see (IMO). The CL-100 has a sleep timer function for the AM/FM radio which the Midland WR400 lacks.

If you have any specific questions about either model I'd be glad to answer them if I can. :)

NwsSkyEye:

--- Quote from: galfert on March 04, 2019, 04:33:32 PM ---I've got the CL-100. I think it looks nicer. The buttons have a nice quality feel too. The speaker in the Sangean CL-100 is a heavy magnet quality speaker. I love the fad in. Also top feature of the CL-100 is that it sets the clock automatically via RDS radio signal. I also like having FM radio with RDS to see station data for the program or song or whatever the station wants to transmit via text. I believe but not positive that these are feature that the Midland WR400 doesn't have.

The good news is that both of these units support the EoM signal.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PaulKTF on March 04, 2019, 06:11:39 PM ---I have both and I really think they're both pretty much equally good. The Midland WR400 has a display that's bigger and easier to read/see (IMO). The CL-100 has a sleep timer function for the AM/FM radio which the Midland WR400 lacks.

If you have any specific questions about either model I'd be glad to answer them if I can. :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks much. You guys on this site are most helpful.  Yes PaulKTF, just one more question. Do both models support an external antenna connection for the weather channels. I see telescopic antennas on the backs of the radios but not much else.

PaulKTF:

--- Quote from: NwsSkyEye on March 04, 2019, 06:43:17 PM ---
Thanks much. You guys on this site are most helpful.  Yes PaulKTF, just one more question. Do both models support an external antenna connection for the weather channels. I see telescopic antennas on the backs of the radios but not much else.

--- End quote ---

Yes, both models support external antennas.

Here's the Sangean CL-100 manual:

https://weatherradios.com/manuals/Manual-CL-100_GB_R2.pdf

and the Midland WR400 manual:

https://midlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/WR400-Owners-Manual-7_27_2015_Rev1.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version