Author Topic: Oddcast and Vista  (Read 4798 times)

Offline NoQuitters

• Forecaster
  • W0DLJ - 145.470
    • Overland Park Weather
Oddcast and Vista
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »
Anyone streaming the NOAA broadcast using Oddcast on Vista? Do to an unfortunate accident, as in a whole glass of water dumped down a computer that is running, I now have a new computer. No I didn't kill the dog even if he was the one who knocked it over. :wink:  I've got everything else up and running, still have all my info from VWS, thankfully the hard drive lived. The only thing I can't get to work is Oddcast. It connects and runs, but it doesn't stream anything. Can't figure out if it is part of all the STUPID security measures in Vista, or if I am doing something wrong. Anyone have any experience streaming with Vista?

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
Re: Oddcast and Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
I threaten to do that at work to get new equipment...  :lol:

I've had a Vista machine for a few months, fortunately it's only a secondary computer, because there are quirks...

First thing is to put Oddcast into XP compatibility mode--if you haven't already done so...

After that I've got no idea...
Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline Anole

• Forecaster
    • http://pineislandweather.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:27:49 PM »
I'm not in front of a Vista machine at the moment to provide any specific steps but the first thing to check is that you have the right recording source selected in your sound options and the properties are sett the way you want them. Find your way to the Sound through the control panel and click the "Recording" tab. You should see a list of the source inputs there. Make sure the one you are using is enabled, etc.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
Quote from: "NoQuitters"
....Do to an unfortunate accident, as in a whole glass of water dumped down a computer that is running, I now have a new computer. No I didn't kill the dog even if he was the one who knocked it over. :wink: .....

Dogs set their drinks in the darnedest places sometimes.   :lol:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10