Author Topic: Blitzortung Station List Page  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Blitzortung Station List Page
« on: November 11, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
Revisions have occurred...  :twisted: The irrelevant, 'Effectivity" stuff is no longer present... a new set of data is shown...There are some 'column' list errors, we're aware of them, so don't plague us with posts abut them, please... or about 'what does this mean'...   that is being worked on also... but there are a few higher priorities at the moment... the data is beginning to work, perfection can come later.

Stations which have NOT had signals received recently by the server are NOT listed   =D> What should happen, when your station DOES send a signal, it should pick show you.  Not sure what the exact paradigms are, at the moment.
I do not think this applies to those stations previously missing from the list. They will have to be manually added as the system comes bac further online... Generally stations 2275 and higher, and some stations that were dropped off the list previously are not shown.  Again, we expect this to be remedied soon.The Signal imagery and FFT are expected to be restored shortly.. on BT, but not as quickly on LMO where the stats, graphs andgraphics must be reconfigured once BT is restored.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 02:43:40 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Blitzortung Station List Page
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »
Some interesting new columns: Total, Valid, Involved, Used and Closest and Farthest.
My two stations (706, 1682) are showing up three times each when I sort for Michigan stations.
It will be interesting to watch these new functions as they get sorted out.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: Blitzortung Station List Page
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
Some interesting new columns: Total, Valid, Involved, Used and Closest and Farthest.
My two stations (706, 1682) are showing up three times each when I sort for Michigan stations.
It will be interesting to watch these new functions as they get sorted out.

Greg H.

Yep... originally we had 'involved' and 'used' reversed data... but he fixed that...I think...and I think that's when the multiple listings appeared for some number of stations...  :?: You're not the only station with multiple listings... If it's the database settling in, it may be several hours and it may purge itself... right now, I think it's looking at the last 2 hours only... some stations won't show until valid signals are received from them, and the previously missing stations are probably going to have to be input manually when things finally shake out.

He's also looking at better explanation for 'involved' and 'used'... or a different term... it is a bit tricky... since it relates to calculations, and I'm not sure at the moment if it can be simply read as 'detected' and 'located', or 'secondary locator' and 'primary locator', or 'dectector' and 'primary locator'... but I think it equates to 'detector' and 'locator' ... one major reason is to encourage folks to look more at their operation, rather than to try and compare with others...
LMO and BT have begun to talk to each other a little, now... not perfect yet...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:48:48 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »