Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 185683 times)

Offline vsakalis

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1400 on: March 26, 2019, 11:33:59 AM »
hello everybody,

New dashboard maybe worse than previous!! especially the use of no decimal points IS THE WORSE SITUATION!!! Especially for people who choose weatherstation connected via WU, without pc connection and upload data!
I hope someone makes jokes!!! Its unbelievable

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #1401 on: March 26, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »
hello everybody,

New dashboard maybe worse than previous!! especially the use of no decimal points IS THE WORSE SITUATION!!! Especially for people who choose weatherstation connected via WU, without pc connection and upload data!
I hope someone makes jokes!!! Its unbelievable

We need to take a step back... Let WU say... "Ok its finish" Than you are entitle to drill the all the way to oblivion! But for now lets just wait and see... And yes I know WU has been fubar for a long time but at least we are seen somebody active and updating us.... Heck at least you can login to your dashboard, I cant! You dont see me drilling them about it....

Once they call the product finish than I will drill them.... But for now ill find answers and be civil.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1402 on: March 26, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
The APIs we use are aligned to our larger enterprise offerings.  Temperatures are reported in whole numbers there.

We're working on some exceptions to deliver decimal precision to the PWS apis. I'll point out that the temperature error on most PWS sensors is +/- .5f

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1403 on: March 26, 2019, 12:17:24 PM »
The temp reporting in tenths is used more to observe the trend...we can see the temp is changing as it usually does so a couple tenths at a time...whole numbers can't show us that in the short term.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1404 on: March 26, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »
@wunderground-PWS,
Does my long post not merit a reply? I put a lot, I mean A LOT of time and effort testing and coming up with feedback last year. I'm still not getting any response. Okay so my post is long and covers too many issues. Here is the important parts that merit response:

Issues with new UI:
  • New UI is static (no auto-refresh) and is not LIVE like the old dashboard. What is the point of rapidfire? You were the only weather site for PWS with this feature. You threw out a good feature. You could see before that the refresh in seconds that your station was reporting continuously. Now you have no idea how old the data is and how frequently that station is reporting.
  • There is too much wasted space in new UI and requires page scrolling. Old Dashboard let you see every bit of data without scrolling. The old dashboard allowed it to be like a live console where you could see everything in one shot.
  • New UI has reduced data quality by rounding many items to single whole digits. Temperature, Dew Point, Feels Like, Wind, Gusts, (no idea about rain yet because it isn't raining).
  • map is squished. looks bad. Will be terrible for rain radar
  • graphs are also reduced in quality because they show data in whole digits

I really think everything is kind of large. Please allow a combined view of every single metric to be seen live without having to scroll. Basically like we have now. These improvements are eye candy and give more graphical detail but I want to be sure you don't forget to be able to see the full LIVE picture at one glance. ******  THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT...please don't mess up the current functionality with your new interface...it would be like missing the forest for the trees.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 12:34:40 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1405 on: March 26, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »
comments are all noted and being discussed and prioritized

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1406 on: March 26, 2019, 12:42:35 PM »
comments are all noted and being discussed and prioritized

Thank you! Hope to hear from WU soon.
Tele-Pole

Offline AboutAndAround

« Reply #1407 on: March 26, 2019, 01:05:44 PM »
I just had the new Dashboard pushed to me after taking a look at it yesterday as it was live when you visited a station from the WunderMap. Massive, massive disappointment, why are temperatures rounded? Every single weather service in the world and almost every thermometer registers temperatures to tenths, what's up with that decision?

Also, the whole dashboard looks very big, very clunky. The only plus is how quick data browsing and the graphs are now.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1408 on: March 26, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
If the new UI is here to stay then you need to make it LIVE (auto-refresh rapidfire) and get rid of the empty wasted space. Make sure it fits on a web page without scrolling. And bring back the precision of the numbers in decimal places.

I propose this:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
  • Fits on one page and no wasted empty space - check
  • Data has metrics with decimal tenths precision - check
  • Rapidfire LIVE auto-refresh webpage with indicator - check

« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:09:33 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline vsakalis

« Reply #1409 on: March 26, 2019, 01:17:33 PM »
I think decimal point is one of the the major problem of the new dashboard...Although accuracy of weatherstation (temperature) can be more than 0,5 degrees, as someone before have noticed, the round of the decimal can multiplicate the uncertenty of the measured data. As a result, the continuity of the graph is destroyed and looks like "bar graph"

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1410 on: March 26, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »
galfert, thanks, we're looking into constraining the size of the modules.  One of our proposals looks a lot like what you have.

Another idea is to make the new modules collapsible and bring back the original table view as one of the modules.  There was some miscommunication with another team and the rapidfire feature was dropped, I'll push hard on getting that returned to the page.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1411 on: March 26, 2019, 01:43:37 PM »
I use an iPad (pro 12.9") (Safari and Chrome) and I have yet (yesterday or today) to see any graphs (or tables). Just the headings with blank space below. Anybody else seeing this? I do have the "WonderStation" app installed and it's working but the old dashboard interface was so much better I rarely used the app.  :-(

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1412 on: March 26, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
Nevermind, now they're back...  [tup]

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1413 on: March 26, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »
 :???: Hummm, not what I expected. My sentiments follow the majority. @Galfert, I knew you were very optimistic having been a participant in the development. Sorry that so much of your effort wasn't acknowledged. I'm now pretty happy I created my own page for the details I need. There's a link to my dashboard, but I doubt I'll click it very often. BUT, on a positive note, at least I know the weather in Genoa Italy  #-o

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1414 on: March 26, 2019, 01:47:24 PM »
galfert, thanks, we're looking into constraining the size of the modules.  One of our proposals looks a lot like what you have.

Another idea is to make the new modules collapsible and bring back the original table view as one of the modules.  There was some miscommunication with another team and the rapidfire feature was dropped, I'll push hard on getting that returned to the page.

Thank you. Music to my ears. Glad to hear you are looking at better proposals. When I say make it fit in one page without scrolling that should include everything I left off that is on top (menus, station name ...etc). Because there is tons of wasted space there too. The page should load and all data metrics should be visible without scrolling down. If you do make modules collapsible the default view should still be the full view of all data like I proposed.

Happy to hear you are working on the Rapidfire auto-update also. Please do push hard. That was the one thing nobody else has.
Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1415 on: March 26, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
Not sure this is being observed by other station owners, but the new Summary/Graph section is not working correctly. As you can see from the attached image, Highs/Lows/Gusts are not in sync:

Offline AboutAndAround

« Reply #1416 on: March 26, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
It still seems bizarre to me how "miscommunication" caused RapidFire to be dropped as a feature, when it was one of WU's defining features.  :shock: Does that mean no one even considered it when redesigning the page? Wow.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1417 on: March 26, 2019, 01:57:44 PM »
It looks like WU is working on it and changing things as we post so I'm going to hold off commenting until it stabilizes...

Offline AboutAndAround

« Reply #1418 on: March 26, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »
Also, another bug if it's not known yet - the page seems to ignore units settings, it always defaults to imperial even if I select metric.

Offline souldrifter798

• Tamworth Weather Station
« Reply #1419 on: March 26, 2019, 02:13:43 PM »
Not sure this is being observed by other station owners, but the new Summary/Graph section is not working correctly. As you can see from the attached image, Highs/Lows/Gusts are not in sync:

Yeah same issue for me with the wind, also humidity high/low are off. My summary shows lowest humidity today as 88% but is currently 65% and the lowest it got today was 53%.
Watson W8686 (HP2550)

Offline WunderTodd (PWS PM)

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1420 on: March 26, 2019, 02:21:09 PM »
Thanks everyone for feedback.

Stuff that will be tweaked over the next few days:
1) Dynamic updating of page (so the numbers will change as new obs come in)
2) Decimals/tenths place returning
3) 'Text Summary' of data next to map
4) Design tweaks (map size, tightening size of boxes, etc)

These are things that are being worked on live and will be pushed out when they're ready.
Thanks for your patience.

-Us

Offline Bgruver

« Reply #1421 on: March 26, 2019, 02:25:29 PM »
Yikes. I had to create an account just to comment on the new changes. So it appears http://wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=XXXXXXXXX&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash#history does not work anymore, nor does rapid fire?

No rapid fire is a MASSIVE disappointment if that is indeed completely gone. As others have also commented, lots of blank wasted white space -- Everything looks so vanilla.

The linked page I posted above also was of great use for us at the National Weather Service (as was rapid fire) when clicking on various weather stations from the Wundermap. I also don't like the fact there are no longer decimal points being reported. These were used as a trend, especially in borderline situations with freezing temperatures for our forecast location. I will wait to give this new update a completely negative review until it is completely pushed out and finalized, but unfortunately I am not liking what is happening so far. Thanks for taking our comments and keeping us updated.

Offline Rob1

« Reply #1422 on: March 26, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »
F or C is not working - defaulting to F

Thanks

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1423 on: March 26, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for feedback.

Stuff that will be tweaked over the next few days:
1) Dynamic updating of page (so the numbers will change as new obs come in)
2) Decimals/tenths place returning
3) 'Text Summary' of data next to map
4) Design tweaks (map size, tightening size of boxes, etc)

These are things that are being worked on live and will be pushed out when they're ready.
Thanks for your patience.

-Us

Thanks for listening!

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1424 on: March 26, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »

Yeah same issue for me with the wind, also humidity high/low are off. My summary shows lowest humidity today as 88% but is currently 65% and the lowest it got today was 53%.

For me, my graph seems to be updating correctly, but my table is not. Ex: max wind gust of 16 displayed on chart, table says 11.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

anything