Author Topic: 01512 Display Brightness  (Read 801 times)

Offline andrea1

01512 Display Brightness
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »
Hello!  My husband got a 01512 weather station for Christmas.  So far all is working great and it's fun to see all the stats.  Unfortunately, the most preferred spot for the display is on the wall in our kitchen but I don't want a cord running up the wall.  For the time being we have it running by battery power but the display is almost so dark that you can't see it.  I understand it's probably a battery saving mode and we can press the button in the back to have it light up for about 5 seconds.  Is there any way to have it stay bright (even just a little brighter) on battery mode?  It's such a bummer that we can't read the display unless we walk up to it and press the button....  If not, is there by chance a generic power adapter that we could buy that is white?  Having a black cord run up the wall (actually it would have to go around a corner as well) is incredibly ugly.  :(    THANKS!

Offline Jo060

Re: 01512 Display Brightness
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
Unfortunately there is not a way to change the time of the light timeout without it being plugged in.
Good idea, you CAN use a white plug, which can be had for very cheap via Amazon. Just make sure you're getting the correct size/specs.

Offline andrea1

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 03:15:23 PM »
I'm not the most electronically advanced, lol....having a hard time finding a white one but will keep looking.  They've got to be out there.

Offline Jo060

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:40:53 PM »
I'm not the most electronically advanced, lol....having a hard time finding a white one but will keep looking.  They've got to be out there.

Here ya go

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00NVQTSNA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_uzKvCbEVF3AEA

Offline andrea1

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:54:23 PM »
Awesome,thanks!!! I was looking for the exact numbers on the plug and couldn't find anything the same....hoping this will work.  :)

Offline andrea1

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:55:24 PM »
FYI - in case anyone tries the same thing - the adapter wasn't the same and didn't work, not even close.  :(  Wish I could find one.  :( 

anything