Author Topic: WMR180A cannot search for wireless USB hub  (Read 1223 times)

Offline sdc

WMR180A cannot search for wireless USB hub
« on: January 03, 2015, 06:03:50 AM »
Hi

I've reset my weather station to clear last year's data (as suggested in a number of places), but now I can't get it to talk to the USB hub any more.  The station is a WMR180A, with what appears to be a WH100 wireless USB receiver.  The station's LCD screen shows it is connected to the USB receiver (the indicator is static, not flashing), but the USB receiver is flashing its red LED.  I've tried to make the station search for the receiver by pressing and holding the UP and DOWN buttons as the manual suggests, but this has no effect - no beep, no flashing indicator, and no link!  I know that the UP and DOWN buttons work on their own, as they beep and change the display as they should, but pressing them together has no effect.  I've reset both the station and the receiver three times now, to no avail; the weather station is convinced it's already connected, and won't start a search!

Anyone come across anything like this before?
Thanks
Stephen

Offline sdc

Re: WMR180A cannot search for wireless USB hub
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »
Ah, well, it would seem that the resolution to most Oregon Scientific hardware issues is "wait and see".  It turns out that, leaving it all well alone for about six hours it has sorted itself out (again!).  Annoyingly, I'd used that six hours to order a new weather station... but there we go!!