Author Topic: Base-World get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php update V3.16  (Read 2204 times)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Base-World get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php update V3.16
« on: March 08, 2023, 04:58:02 PM »
Looks like the meteoalarm.org folks changed the URL for the API to get country warnings JSON.  Thanks to Wim (pwsdashboard.com) for the heads-up and the new URL.

The get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php script is updated on 8-Mar-2023.  Use the update tool with a query of Base-World, *-Plugin, 8-Mar-2023 to get a copy and restore the warnings display on your Saratoga template site.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
Re: Base-World get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php update V3.16
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 02:18:51 PM »
I just tried to install this script on my website and am getting this error

Watches/Warnings/Advisories
Name not available for Name not available for
No current alerts for: "(IE009)".

Any ideas what i did wrong?? Cheers

https://waterfordcityweather.com/wxadvisory.php

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 03:00:45 PM »
Not sure (should that be "Suir"?), but https://saratoga-weather.org/meteoalarm-map/ shows Waterford is in IE021.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:07:16 PM by Vasco »
Oregon Scientific WMR200 + Weather Display in Windows 10

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 03:13:31 PM »
I like what you did there to be suir lol. According to the map Waterford is IE009

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 03:16:44 PM »
Sorry  :-(

Thought Waterford City was in EMMA region called Co Kilkenny, not Co Waterford.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 04:14:35 PM by Vasco »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 04:02:42 PM »
I just tried to install this script on my website and am getting this error

Watches/Warnings/Advisories
Name not available for Name not available for
No current alerts for: "(IE009)".

Any ideas what i did wrong?? Cheers

Yes, you are quite a bit behind in script updates.  To catch up, first download https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/Test/check-fetch-times.php?sce=view and upload to your site.

Then run https://waterfordcityweather.com/check-fetch-times.php?show=versions to show the full set of updates needed.
Download the update .zip, unzip into your document root, and upload all the new files, and that will likely cure the issue.
Be aware that the update may include Settings.php and flyout-menu.xml, so save copies of your current ones before you do the unzip and pay attention to the README file on how to handle each included file in the update.  Some may say 'replace after configuration'...

It will be good to get your site updated before your hoster moves to PHP8 as many of the older scripts have been updated specifically to support PHP 8.
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 04:54:01 PM »
THanks Ken

Offline Conchobair

• www.midkerry-weather.com
    • MidKerry Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 02:13:22 AM »
I have the same issue here, so maybe its an Irish thing  :grin:  But i get the same error ... my site is all up to date etc.

my settings are as follows;

Code: [Select]
// For Europe only, use the meteoalarm.eu site for your area's watches/warnings on the wxadvisory page
//$SITE['EUwarningURL'] = 'https://www.meteoalarm.eu/en_UK/0/0/IE008-Kerry.html';
// EUwarningURL is used by get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php for EU countries
$SITE['EUwarnings'] = 'IE008';
$SITE['useMeteoalarm'] = true; // =true; to use get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php for alerts; =false; if not
$SITE['EUminLevel'] = 2; # 1=Green, 2=Yellow, 3=Orange, 4=Red - minimum alert level to display

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 04:35:15 AM »
I have the same issue here, so maybe its an Irish thing  :grin:  But i get the same error ... my site is all up to date etc.

// For Europe only, use the meteoalarm.eu site for your area's watches/warnings on the wxadvisory page
//$SITE['EUwarningURL'] = 'https://www.meteoalarm.eu/en_UK/0/0/IE008-Kerry.html';
$SITE['useMeteoalarm'] = true; // =true; to use get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php for alerts; =false; if not
$SITE['EUminLevel'] = 2; # 1=Green, 2=Yellow, 3=Orange, 4=Red - minimum alert level to display

I think mine is working now. There were two other meteoalarm files i had to upload. One was a codenames.json file and also a geocode.aliases file. Mine now shows No current alerts for: "County Waterford (IE009)". Will wait to see what it looks like when we do get a warning.
I would like to embed this in my main homepage.

Edit: Just to add it seems quiet slow to load especially considering its just text.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 04:37:02 AM by mickopla »

Offline Conchobair

• MidKerry Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 05:05:37 AM »

I think mine is working now. There were two other meteoalarm files i had to upload. One was a codenames.json file and also a geocode.aliases file. Mine now shows No current alerts for: "County Waterford (IE009)". Will wait to see what it looks like when we do get a warning.
I would like to embed this in my main homepage.

Edit: Just to add it seems quiet slow to load especially considering its just text.

I have a meteoalarm-codenames.json and meteoalarm-geocode-aliases.php files already uploaded and can see IE008 within these files ...  but still doesn't show IE008 as County Kerry -- just name not available etc ..   

Will check further in case i have missed something

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 05:38:04 AM »

If you visit meteoalarm.org you will find that it is painfully slow at their end. That's why Ken had to increase the cURL timeout to 30 seconds.

I'm sure the "Name not available" problem is theirs, too  :-)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2023, 05:16:34 PM »

Your site has the correct updated scripts.  I think the problem is your PHP Version: 5.6.40 -- you should be on PHP 7+.  PHP 5.6 had issues decoding long JSON files (like meteoalarm-codenames.json ) which does contain IE008 lookup for County Kerry correctly.  Update your site's PHP to PHP7+ (even to 8.2) and that issue should be fixed.

My test (on PHP 8.2.1) shows
No current alerts for: "County Kerry (IE008)".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 05:18:13 PM by saratogaWX »

Offline Conchobair

• MidKerry Weather
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2023, 01:46:56 AM »

Your site has the correct updated scripts.  I think the problem is your PHP Version: 5.6.40 -- you should be on PHP 7+.  PHP 5.6 had issues decoding long JSON files (like meteoalarm-codenames.json ) which does contain IE008 lookup for County Kerry correctly.  Update your site's PHP to PHP7+ (even to 8.2) and that issue should be fixed.

My test (on PHP 8.2.1) shows
No current alerts for: "County Kerry (IE008)".

Ah yes, i didn't think of that ... thanks for the information and will look to update site to latest.

Offline Conchobair

• MidKerry Weather
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2023, 03:54:56 AM »
Updated PHP version and all now working fine  \:D/

Thanks a lot for your help and assistance

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2023, 10:17:12 AM »
Just wondering when does a warning show on the script?  I have a rainfall warning today in Waterford from 16.00 and no alerts is showing on the advisory page. Does it only become visible from the start time of the warning??

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2023, 10:21:32 AM »
There is a problem with the meteoalarm servers, we are not getting any new data.

Offline Conchobair

• MidKerry Weather
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023, 10:39:03 AM »
Just wondering when does a warning show on the script?  I have a rainfall warning today in Waterford from 16.00 and no alerts is showing on the advisory page. Does it only become visible from the start time of the warning??
Was just about to ask the same thing as we have a weather warning too and checking Meteoalarm directly it does show the warning.

There is a problem with the meteoalarm servers, we are not getting any new data.

Thanks for the info

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2023, 10:47:17 AM »
Was just about to ask the same thing as we have a weather warning too and checking Meteoalarm directly it does show the warning.

See this post: https://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/meteoalarm-cap-atom-warnings-missing/71220/30
(new look Weather-Watch Forum).

I'll quote it in case you can't get in:

"Old or no data:
Meteoalarm.org continues to deliver at least 24 old warnings from their “new” server.
The old URL does not exists, the new URL does not have the warnings which are displayed on their meteoalarm.org website."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 12:01:25 PM by Vasco »

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2023, 12:28:30 PM »
Post 31 in that Weather-Watch topic has a reply from Meteoalarm:

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are experiencing problems with the feeds from several countries. It appears that the issues may be coming from various sources, and we are currently conducting an investigation into the matter. We are also reaching out to the relevant NMHSs to address the situation.

We are optimistic that all the issues will be resolved by next week."

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 12:33:04 PM by Vasco »

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 09:42:43 AM »
Warnings page loading now for me but i'm missing images. How do i go about fixing this??
Thanks

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 12:13:20 PM »
How do i go about fixing this??

Check the relative address of the ajax-images directory, and check there are meteoalarm_##.svg images in there?

P.S. There seems to be something wrong with your Almanac > Station Monthly Reports, too?

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 12:24:11 PM »
How do i go about fixing this??

Check the relative address of the ajax-images directory, and check there are meteoalarm_##.svg images in there?

P.S. There seems to be something wrong with your Almanac > Station Monthly Reports, too?

Had a check and i don't have a Meteoalarm folder within the ajax-images directory.

With regards the Almanac> Station Monthly Reports not working, it has been the case for a while but just didn't get time to look into fixing it.

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 12:44:38 PM »
Had a check and i don't have a Meteoalarm folder within the ajax-images directory.

No, the meteoalarm_##.svg images should just be present in the ajax-images directory.

It just looks as if get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php can't find the directory . .

With regards the Almanac> Station Monthly Reports not working, it has been the case for a while but just didn't get time to look into fixing it.

I know the feeling  ;)

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2023, 01:25:54 PM »

No, the meteoalarm_##.svg images should just be present in the ajax-images directory.

It just looks as if get-meteoalarm-warning-inc.php can't find the directory . .

I know the feeling  ;)

Oh Right, the files are not in the ajax-images directory either.  :grin:

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 01:57:44 PM »
Oh Right, the files are not in the ajax-images directory either.  :grin:

:shock: