Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184127 times)

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #625 on: June 09, 2018, 01:54:18 AM »
 :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sorry folks, as many of you know we launched a new ingestion system, we figured out we had a single point of failure in our authorization scheme, put a fix together, and decided to launch it on monday so as not to cause problems over the weekend.

Well guess what! single point of failure failed.  We are on it, and have a fix in place.   Stations should be updating again. 

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #626 on: June 09, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #627 on: June 09, 2018, 10:48:26 AM »
Now no station page opens.

Oops there's a glitch is the message we get

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #628 on: June 09, 2018, 10:08:47 PM »
Haven't posted much here in a long time but I've noticed the oops we have a error message a lot since last night, and for some reason Acurite 5 in 1 stations appear to not show rainfall rate when they do load.
My station on two displays show a rate during storms but nothing on Wunderground. Other non Acurite stations appear to be showing all the info. Might be a issue between Wunderground and the Acurite servers along with the upgrade issues. I still have my Gold Star and the graphs have looked complete for a while.
Must be fun trying to get everyone playing nice again when everyone uses different ways to get the info loaded in.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #629 on: June 09, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »
Haven't posted much here in a long time but I've noticed the oops we have a error message a lot since last night, and for some reason Acurite 5 in 1 stations appear to not show rainfall rate when they do load.
My station on two displays show a rate during storms but nothing on Wunderground. Other non Acurite stations appear to be showing all the info. Might be a issue between Wunderground and the Acurite servers along with the upgrade issues. I still have my Gold Star and the graphs have looked complete for a while.
Must be fun trying to get everyone playing nice again when everyone uses different ways to get the info loaded in.

Acurite's servers do not send any data to wunderground.  All data is sent from your local system directly to wunderground.

Per the wunderground upload protocol, "rainin" is the rain that has fallen in the last 60 minutes.  Wunderground takes that information to generate a rain-rate and generate their graph.  It has nothing to do with the rain-rate that is displayed on the Acurite consoles.

Why they are not plotting rain-rate any longer is a mystery, but has nothing to do with Acurite per se.   My Atlas stations send no information to indicate what brand or software version they are, but rain-rate has not been plotting for them since the new data ingestion system roll-out.

Wunderground "gold stars" are meaningless as they have been for a couple years now.

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #630 on: June 09, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »
Well the other stations that aren't Acurite around me are still showing it so figured it was something to do with Acurite stations or however they get the info to WU. I figure if the star is gone my data has dropped off long enough for their system to notice it so when it goes away I must have had a data interruption within the last 5 days. I haven't had a full drop out since the Access here was installed and I still have the hub online just in case as backup.
I thought at least the hub used Acurite servers but I spose they changed that with the Access which should be better anyways but have not studied up on it, I just know it seems to be more reliable than my hub is.

Offline bvstation

• Contributor
« Reply #631 on: June 09, 2018, 10:52:43 PM »
Currently my data is being sent thru the acu-rite dashboard...its working fine however not as fast as I'd want.
Gusts aren't showing up which is odd.
I was using Kevins software however for some reason its not resolving to WU no more so not sure if it needs and update or what.
I've tried to contact him thru his blog with no replies... I want my rapid fire back as in every 18seconds but ohh well.

Offline WonderWX

« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2018, 09:02:32 AM »
I was using Kevins software however for some reason its not resolving to WU no more so not sure if it needs and update or what.
App was updated. That blog is a mess.  Download updated reader:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=D22F8FE8711E0CD7&id=D22F8FE8711E0CD7%21105
fixes data formatting issue to WU, and switches to https://
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34471.msg350822#msg350822

Offline trixiet

« Reply #633 on: June 12, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
No the webcam issues are not resolved.

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #634 on: June 12, 2018, 09:41:34 AM »
Below is a graph from today's temperatures with my VP2 w/24 hr FARS.  You can see the random spikes and declines.  This is not showing up on the other websites where I post my weather data.  Perhaps this has something to do with rapid fire?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:48:03 AM by dport »

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2018, 10:12:04 AM »
Below is a graph from today's temperatures with my VP2 w/24 hr FARS.  You can see the random spikes and declines.  This is not showing up on the other websites where I post my weather data.  Perhaps this has something to do with rapid fire?

Ok, so this is weird, i just checked WU again.  See below.  It randomly put in another temp spike that wasn't there before in the graph above.  Something is haywire. 

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #636 on: June 12, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »
I used to have this issue when my raspberry pi did not have rtc and when ever it boots up. Some rondom time that pi starts up with record would be sent to WU meaning it up. Fixeds after asking rtc

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #637 on: June 12, 2018, 12:29:01 PM »

I had this issue with my rainfall reporting with spikes like these back in March.  The graph and table info matched so I thought it was my rain gauge malfunctioning.  I bought a new rain gauge for my Vantage Pro 2 station and have not experienced these spikes since.  Now I wonder if it was a problem caused by WU instead of the gauge.

Offline joegr

« Reply #638 on: June 12, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »
I have seen crazy data in the graphs from WU for my station before, then later or the next day it is correct.  I think that sometimes its a problem with the recall/display of the data, instead of the storage of the data.

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2018, 01:14:52 PM »
I have seen crazy data in the graphs from WU for my station before, then later or the next day it is correct.  I think that sometimes its a problem with the recall/display of the data, instead of the storage of the data.

You might be right.  It's just really bizarre that i can check the graph at say 9:15 AM and I'll see one spike overnight.  Then ill check the graph 20 minutes later and somehow TWO spikes show up overnight.  There was obviously no new data sent to WU for the overnight/early morning hours, but yet it somehow changed. 

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #640 on: June 12, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
This could be sample aliasing.  For instance, on my WeatherElement pages, we collect data and save it from most stations every minute, or 1440 data points a day. But our graphs are only 350 pixels wide, and about 260 of that is the actual graph. The graphing routine actually counts how many data points there are in the previous 24 hours (to allow for different upload times), divides that by 320 and uses that number to select the graph points. So, for a perfect 1440 sample day, 1440/260 = 5.5 pixels. So it selects every 5th or 6th data point to graph.

The graphs are cached for 10 minutes, so after that, you are probably getting a slightly different data set graphed.

Which doesn't explain the strange peaks themselves, but may explain why sometimes you see one, sometimes 2.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:26:02 PM by SLOweather »

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #641 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »
This could be sample aliasing.  For instance, on my WeatherElement pages, we collect data and save it from most stations every minute, or 1440 data points a day. But our graphs are only 350 pixels wide, and about 260 of that is the actual graph. The graphing routine actually counts how many data points there are in the previous 24 hours (to allow for different upload times), divides that by 320 and uses that number to select the graph points. So, for a perfect 1440 sample day, 1440/260 = 5.5 pixels. So it selects every 5th or 6th data point to graph.

The graphs are cached for 10 minutes, so after that, you are probably getting a slightly different data set graphed.

Which doesn't explain the strange peaks themselves, but may explain why sometimes you see one, sometimes 2.

Good thought, could be.  Checking the table in WU though, you can clearly see the spike (see attached).  It is also worth noting that the barometer also shows a small spike in all of these cases as well.  Again, when uploading to pwsweather.com (at 1 minute intervals) it does not yield these crazy results. 

Offline joegr

« Reply #642 on: June 12, 2018, 04:52:40 PM »
Right now, my graphs and tables are gone completely.

Offline joegr

« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »
And now they are back...

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #644 on: June 13, 2018, 07:41:02 AM »
Every now and then you might want to force a refresh...<Ctrl-F5>.  Just a thought...

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #646 on: June 14, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »
After numerous re-submittals for "approval" when my camera stops showing up, I have given up trying.

This seems to fix it for a while before it disappears again.

If WU wants my camera image, they know where to find it.  ](*,)

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #647 on: June 14, 2018, 09:12:09 AM »
After numerous re-submittals for "approval" when my camera stops showing up, I have given up trying.

Mine has been showing the current snapshot on the PWS page fine, but I'm still getting the following if I try to view a camera (any camera) on their own page:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Here's the standalone URL for my camera:

https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/LizMarr/3/show.html

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #648 on: June 14, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
@wunderground-PWS is likely not listening, but on the Trello “action items” is “Increase Customer Support”. Sadly in the error message, it suggests it’s “YOUR” problem and to contact Customer “Support” which as we all know is presently an empty desk with a sign “Space Available”.

Please contact the server administrator, support@wunderground.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #649 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »
I have contacted them several times, both through support and Trello.

anything