Author Topic: What is Weather Underground Device Number?  (Read 975 times)

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
What is Weather Underground Device Number?
« on: August 11, 2023, 06:45:32 PM »
I continue to struggle getting my Acurite Access to talk to Weather Underground after working fine for years. Everything broke during this latest upgrade.
When one goes to the Acurite wifi setup page, 192.168.4.1 for most, but 192.168.86.32 for me with a new Google Fi router, I put in the Weather Underground station
ID and password and it asks for Weather Underground Device number. The number that is in there and that has worked is 00000685, but I can't find any reference
information on what this means anywhere on the internet.

Anyone know about this number?

Thanks,
Chris

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: What is Weather Underground Device Number?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 07:55:40 PM »
Does this help? I think the Wunder ID # is just the count of Access's that Acurite has produced. Just a guess though.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 09:03:48 PM »
Do you use your station key instead of your wunderground password in the weather underground password?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 09:33:00 PM »
Yes, use the key, not the same password you log in with.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 09:18:06 AM »
Did you get it working? I had trouble with mine yesterday, after lightning struck really close. My desktop also would not turn on. I had to remove the power cord and put it back before it would fire up. My Access was on with the blue light steady, but was not transmitting to Wunderground or Acurite. I had to unplug, and remove the batteries, and put it all back and it started back up. Lightning can really screw up electronics.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 11:16:58 PM »
I finally broke down and ordered the Atlas WiFi-Enabled Display and hooked that to my wifi network. Everything works great now, Weather Underground updates like it should and I was able to get my webpage back online and looking like it should.

Chris

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 08:57:23 AM »
I started having problems with my access. It would not keep the signal locked in from the Atlas... no matter where I placed it. I would hit the reset button, and it would work for a few hours and loose contact again. I had to take the plastic cover off, and add a second coil antenna I made from wire, and stick it in the built in coil. Now it is rock solid. I could not put back on the plastic top, as that seems to block the signal. I'm not a fan of the 433Mhz signal Acurite is using.

anything