Author Topic: Early Concept Testing  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Victoria

Early Concept Testing
« on: May 28, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »
Hello! I would like to involve the community in testing some early design concepts. To participate, you would need to do the following:

1. Take a screening survey and qualify.
2. If you qualify, sign an NDA to participate.

Please let me know if you have any questions, though please understand there are certain things I would not be able to answer publicly.

If you're interested in participating, the survey can be found here: https://www.research.net/r/ZPRG5RB

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
Re: Early Concept Testing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 05:09:39 PM »
Sounded interesting, but I don't qualify :(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:11:22 PM by alanb »
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline Victoria

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that, alanb.  :-( I'll post more things like this in the future that will require a variety of different sorts of people, so hopefully you'll have better luck then!

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:59:46 PM »
Sure would be nice if Chaney realized that there are customers north of the 49th.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »
Yes Victoria -

I don't qualify either.  Maybe my age had something to do with it.

Hopefully another time.  When I figure out how to get younger!

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 12:23:37 PM »
I don't qualify either.  Maybe my age had something to do with it.
Yeah, I wondered the same thing. I am 72. It is interesting if that is what disqualifies us, as it is us old f@rts that have time, interest and resources to spend on the toys their company sells. :)

Well, I suppose they may be doing some research on what products might appeal to a younger crowd … can't really blame them for that, it's where the future is.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 12:29:21 PM by alanb »
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline Victoria

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 12:36:21 PM »
Sorry Bushman - for this particular test, we're narrowing in to a specific subset of customers for research purposes. This is not at all an indication of our greater customer base. Different tests will often have different required groups, while other tests may seek feedback from the customer base as a whole.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 01:18:37 PM »
When you fill out the form is there a reply e-mail with a yes or no ?  I did it and maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything on the page I filled out say yea or nay nor a e-mail saying anything .

Offline Victoria

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »
If you qualify, you won't receive an email yet, but should in a few days.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 06:16:55 PM »
Thanks for all the interest in participating! The nature of this test doesn't have a quota on how many participants there could be, so if you want to share it with friends or other groups like on Facebook or something, please feel free!

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »
I filled it out and it said at the end that I qualify (at least I'm 99% sure it did, definitely didn't say that I don't qualify). For anyone interested I'm in the 30-39 age bracket, so that's at least within the qualifying range.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »
Thanks for all the interest in participating! The nature of this test doesn't have a quota on how many participants there could be, so if you want to share it with friends or other groups like on Facebook or something, please feel free!

I've just posted it to the Facebook Acurite use groups.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »
Thanks again to everyone who took the survey! As an FYI, the survey is now closed. If you qualified, you should receive follow-up soon (if you haven't already). If not, I still very much appreciate your interest in helping, and please stay tuned for future tests, as the requirements will generally be different each time.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 06:58:38 PM »
Hmmm. I filled out the survey and it said I qualified but no follow up email (yet).

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
I got a response when George posted to Facebook that I was a good match. I've been watching my emails for the signon document and just today I got one that said my signup form expired. I never got the first one so I wonder if there is any way to get it resent so I can sign on. I love testing cool things and helping develop something new, thanks Terry.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
I got a response when George posted to Facebook that I was a good match. I've been watching my emails for the signon document and just today I got one that said my signup form expired. I never got the first one so I wonder if there is any way to get it resent so I can sign on. I love testing cool things and helping develop something new, thanks Terry.
Did the email come from Acurite? I've been watching for that. I get a lot of email so if it came from someone I didn't recognize I could have deleted it.

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 07:07:57 PM »
It came from the place they used to send secure documents to be signed. I never got a email from them before now so don't know if it got bounced or never sent but my server sends me the blocked email I get everday so I can clear any that are legitimate.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:06 PM »
Mine came from dse_NA3@docusign.net. This is a legit company that does verifiable and legal document signing for other companies.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »
Thanks lightmaster, my deleted messages go back a week and nothing from them. Guess I didn’t make the cut after all. I’ll stop worrying about it.