Author Topic: Sporadic uploads to CWOP using WL  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
Sporadic uploads to CWOP using WL
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:33:34 AM »
This morning, coincidentally when I got on my computer, I noticed at CWOP my data stopped regularly uploading at about the same time I started viewing things on my computer.  I have my data scheduled to be sent every ten minutes with a nine minute offset.  For the past several hours, looking at the "log" on Weatherlink, I noticed there was only three uploads to CWOP.  I have the bulletin and graphs closed, so that would not prevent the datalogger from downloading.  I have a feeling that pausing/re-starting the WU rapid-fire updates is interfering somehow.  It is necessary for me to pause rapid-fire updates to be able to access the graphs/bulletins/other functions, or the damn spinning anemometer icon keeps popping up in place of the mouse pointer and prevents me from clicking on stuff.  Anyone have any similar issues uploading to CWOP using WL and WU rapidfire?

Note: When I have rapidfire updates "paused", the upload takes place on schedule.  When I re-start the rapidfire updates, the next scheduled upload fails to take place. I don't get it since I had the rapid-fire updates on all night and everything uploaded on schedule.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:41:41 AM by Sigdigit »

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
    • Highlands Ranch Weather
Re: Sporadic uploads to CWOP using WL
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »
I have a problem with all of my Internet Settings (CWOP upload, create 2-day archive, ect...) failing every once in awhile.  Everything in WL looks good, it even pops the dialog box up saying it is uploading, but nothing really happens.  I found that if I just close WL and re-open it, everything goes back to working properly.  I have found this happens more often when I close the Bulletin and open it again right away (to re-set the scales on the graphs).  If I wait about 10 seconds before re-opening the bulletin, it happens much less.

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
Thanks J -
Since I've let rapid fire run a little bit untouched, everything seems to be uploading as normal.  I'm sure this has something to do with the WU module, because at least you get an upload dialog box.  I get nothing when this happens, not even an attempt to upload.

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »
Overall, the CWOP uploads are consistent, seems to have improved since I initially reported the problem.  Only thing I don't like now is you have to "pause" the rapid fire updates to be able to navigate through various WL functions.  No big complaints otherwise.

anything