Author Topic: I got "moved" - Weather Quality  (Read 2888 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
I got "moved" - Weather Quality
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »
Rec'd an email from Weather Quality. 

"WARNING: The location for CW8618 was entered as 43° 53' 33" N, 79° 19' 20" W. However, the location that is reported via APRS is 43° 52' 32" N, 79° 18' 46" W. This difference is around 1.3 miles. Please check to see which is correct, and either adjust your software yourself or alter your registered location by sending email to <Russell.B.Chadwick@noaa.gov>. Go to http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C8618 for your current information. The location of this site has been changed in the database to 43° 53' 33" N, 79° 19' 20" W with elevation 204 meters.
If you have checked your information, and believe that it is correct, then please contact Philip Gladstone."

I moved over a year ago.   My new location has been on the wxqa page since that time...  I went on tonight, and the map showed me back at my old house, just loaded again to double check, and now its showing my new house.....   Strange

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: I got "moved" - Weather Quality
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:41:05 PM »

"WARNING: The location for CW8618 was entered as 43° 53' 33" N, 79° 19' 20" W. However, the location that is reported via APRS is 43° 52' 32" N, 79° 18' 46" W. This difference is around 1.3 miles. Please check to see which is correct, and either adjust your software yourself or alter your registered location by sending email to <Russell.B.Chadwick@noaa.gov>. Go to http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C8618 for your current information. The location of this site has been changed in the database to 43° 53' 33" N, 79° 19' 20" W with elevation 204 meters.
If you have checked your information, and believe that it is correct, then please contact Philip Gladstone."

I moved over a year ago.   My new location has been on the wxqa page since that time...  I went on tonight, and the map showed me back at my old house, just loaded again to double check, and now its showing my new house.....   Strange

Andrew

I got an email about tonight's upadate:

All,

Tonight, due to a problem, an old version of the CWOP station file got loaded. This resulted in lots of stations apparently moving. I fixed the problem within an hour or so, but another part of the system generated emails telling people about these moves. Please ignore these if you get them.

Sorry

Philip

Maybe that's what is going on.

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:04:46 AM »
Thanks Slow Modem.   Well that is good to know.  I started doubting myself when all of a sudden in mid reply to the email the map showed me back at my current house.   "did I really see that????"  I guess he fixed it, just between my page loads....

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »
Thanks Slow Modem.   Well that is good to know.  I started doubting myself when all of a sudden in mid reply to the email the map showed me back at my current house.   "did I really see that????"  I guess he fixed it, just between my page loads....

Andrew

Andrew,

I think it might have been a small rift in the time-space continuum.   :shock:

Greg   8)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:33:39 AM »
Yes Greg, it felt like I was on Lost for a moment....
Andrew

Andrew,

I think it might have been a small rift in the time-space continuum.   :shock:

Greg   8)

jwyman

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:40:29 AM »
Did yo mover into a nicer place?  :grin: :grin: :grin:

If so, don't tell them to fix it.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

jim

blackjack52

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »

Andrew

mackbig has a WOW...Wx station On Wheels.

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 10:50:06 PM »
mackbig has a WOW...Wx station On Wheels.

His station fits the MWS category now.... Mobile Weather Station :)

His beats the old saying...If you dont like the weather stick around and it'll change.....he can move on down the road and make it change!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092