Author Topic: What does a big red "X" from the Legion of Doom mean?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
What does a big red "X" from the Legion of Doom mean?
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
I like to check my CWOP data on that Gladstone website.  Last night for the first time I saw a big red "X" for my temperature reading with two green "thumbs up" underneath.  Are the CWOP police in their smart blue jumpsuits on their way to my house as we speak?  Do I have to disavow any knowledge of pavement within 100' of my weather station?  Do I have to build a radiation shield the size of the Sistine chapel to avoid more embarrassment and shame?  I'd like to check if my "X" is still there but right now the site is only loading partial information for me.

EDIT:  Ok, there it is.  Yup my badge of shame remains.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/E7173
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:34:04 PM by ggsteve »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: What does a big red "X" from the Legion of Doom mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 10:03:28 PM »
I like to check my CWOP data on that Gladstone website.  Last night for the first time I saw a big red "X" for my temperature reading with two green "thumbs up" underneath.  Are the CWOP police in their smart blue jumpsuits on their way to my house as we speak?  Do I have to disavow any knowledge of pavement within 100' of my weather station?  Do I have to build a radiation shield the size of the Sistine chapel to avoid more embarrassment and shame?  I'd like to check if my "X" is still there but right now the site is only loading partial information for me.

EDIT:  Ok, there it is.  Yup my badge of shame remains.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/E7173
Is your data today presumably as good as yesterday, or the day before? If the answer is yes, and I have a sneaking suspicion it probably is, then blow it off. I haven't given Gladstone real credence, at least for my data, in a good year or more.

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 10:28:12 PM »
Shame, Shame, Shame! everybody Knows your name! You need to adjust your readings to match the CWOP line. They NEVER give anyone a bad wrong rating.

Now, I personally am so concerned with my ratings by them that I consistently check how they rate me at least, on average, once every six months!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 07:03:47 AM »
Of course, I notice this morning that last night my IP-100 stopped reporting to Rainwise, CWOP, AWEKAS, etc.  I got an automated email from Rainwise telling me so.  So, what is the first thing to try? Right, reboot the IP-100.  Then I go to the Rainwise dashboard and get this message:

NOTE: The RainwiseNet database is currently down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please do not reboot or power cycle your IP-100 or Telemet.

Now they tell me!  I just went to their Twitter page for "Updates on this outage".  The last entry is from September.  I wonder if Rainwise support even knows there is a problem.  At least I was reporting to WU, but now that I rebooted my IP-100, that connection is down to.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:17:10 AM by ggsteve »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 08:30:38 AM »
Not good if rebooting system on your end causes you issues. Don't like that setup at all. I noticed gladstonefamily.net was down also, just now.
Randy