Author Topic: Trouble sending data  (Read 3467 times)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Trouble sending data
« on: September 13, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »
Is anyone having trouble sending data? For some reason out of no where I can not send data, it is intermittently going through.

Using

rotate.aprs.net

Port

But the text in those boxes are red, I have never see it do that before.

Actually here is my config file....

C:\vws\data\wxreport.txt,32,49,48,96,38,55,0,0,CW9936,-1,10,Davis Vantage Pro,rotate.aprs.net,14580,Y,Y,Y

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: Trouble sending data
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »
At the mid-end of July all cwop users with id's beginning with cw or dw were supposed to start using cwop.aprs.net
I am surprised your updates have worked at all using rotate server over the past few months.  It is exclusive for amateur radio operators, and is supposed to require a verification code.

http://www.wxqa.com/servers2use.html

I think if you have the latest vwsaprs application it will change the server automatically to the proper server based on your cwop callsign.
Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 12:10:26 PM »
I actually am using cwop.aprs.net it just changes to rotate.aprs.net on it's own.

It is back to working now. VWS wasn't started which I thought was but all is good now and it is updating.

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:50:40 PM »
Looks like there may be some sort of DNS name server problems with APRS.net. It seems there are a lot of stations unable to transmit.. data mine included (cw8217)
From what I am hearing and reading there hasn't been an actual ETA to normal .

If I catch wind of any info I will sure pass it along!

Now I can add a few more red X's  :grin:
Hopefully no data would mean no red flag but that's probably not the case :grin:

*** UPDATE*****
I experienced a loss of data transmission for at least a 27 minute stretch that I saw. Being in and out most of today it could have been more frequent and I just didn't see it!
Anyway within the last 5 minutes or so I have began transmitting data again.. 2 sequential transmissions without fail.
Stayed Tuned For News  :lol: :lol:

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
cw8217 ( or it was earlier today  :grin:   )
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:02:14 AM by W Thomas »

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline EKB

• If a million people belive a stupid thing.......
    • ReynoldsWX
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
Be sure that you have not checked the "Automatic?" check-box next to the address field.  If you do, it will change the address back to rotate.aprs.net.
EKB
KGAREY01, CW2647, Davis VPII Plus, Boltek Storm Tracker, Astrogenic Nextstorm, StrikeStar Network,
Assorted Weather Cameras, 1 wife, 3 kids, no dogs, lots of Cats....

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
Be sure that you have not checked the "Automatic?" check-box next to the address field.  If you do, it will change the address back to rotate.aprs.net.

<sigh>

You SHOULD be using the "automatic" setting. This has been stated many times in the past by the software author. Once automatic is selected, what is shown in the server box is not important, as it will select the correct server for your user ID.

Set it to automatic and forget about it.

Bob

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data