Author Topic: Getting Started With CWOP  (Read 3149 times)

Offline basenji9

Getting Started With CWOP
« on: December 22, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »
 I have been using Weather Display to post my weather station on the WU for a week or so and all has been smooth so far. Trying to get on CWOP as of Thursday 12/20. I had a number assigned, CW9299, have message Lat and Long "all OK", and when I hit "click here to go to view your data" all graphs are displaying properly as well as location map being correct on findu.com. Just wondering if I am still doing something wrong. When I do a search for CW9299 on CWOP a line pops up with my CW#, town, zip, etc. If I try clicking on anything I just get "Sorry, no position known for CW9299" for maps and "Sorry, no weather reports for CW9299" for WxGraphs. Does it take a few days to get up and going on CWOP or am I making a mistake somewhere? Any input for a newbie would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline Hfcomms

• Big Bay, Mi - Local Weather
Re: Getting Started With CWOP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »
It takes awhile for everything to update.  Up to a week in some cases.  I know it was several days from when I was able to upload before my data came all the way around.  It will make it.  They only update that particular database once a week as I understand it.

Offline basenji9

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »
OK, great! Thanks for the answer Hfcomms. I had hoped it just took a whle to be updated.
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline wmiler

• Contributor
    • http://www.wmiler.org/
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 08:20:45 PM »
I believe I saw a FAQ on CWOP's site that said stations are added/changed every Tuesday. So if you got added on Thursday, you'll need to wait for the next cycle.