Author Topic: Annual Summary  (Read 1418 times)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Annual Summary
« on: November 05, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »
Just received the CoCoRaHS Canada monthly newsletter.  Well I've somehow created 370 days in a year for reporting to CoCoRaHS :roll: http://www.cocorahs.org/WaterYearSummary/State.aspx?state=CAN&year=2015 my station is CAN-ON-31

I think I've figured out what happened but will not go back and correct it for the sake of confusing the records further.  CoCoRaHS continues to remind us to
We'd like to remind you of the importance of reporting zeroes
Although there may be times with little to no rain that has fallen in your area, it is important to still record zeros as it could signify dry periods or drought. This Information can be used for future analysis. For example, in the prairies they have experienced severe droughts and volunteers who have been recording zeroes in the area can track if its been a full month or more with no moisture and the severity of its impact.
so a few months ago I went and found 5 days I didn't report actual or zero precipitation, and filled those days with "0.0".  Turns out that I forgot those were days within a couple of multi-day reports when we were away from home, so both multi-days and my catch up of zero precipitation days were duplicated #-o
Please take this opportunity to review your data and spot any gaps or typos. Changes in your "summary report" will not show up immediately, but will be recompiled and updated in mid November when all changes have been completed.

To correct missing reports, you can do so in the "My Data" area by clicking the links under the "List/Edit My Reports" section of the menu on the left side. You can enter missing reports the same way you enter your daily reports, just change the date on the report form.  You can also quickly fill in zero values for dry days by using the "Monthly Zeroes" entry form.

To view water year reports for any CoCoRaHS station in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands, click here.

Some very neat graphs and data in these CoCoRaHS reports.

I also want to compliment the folks at CoCoRaHS Canada for the good work they do to keep us observers informed, and feel appreciated.  I am sure other participants across North America feel the same about their CoCoRaHS people!

Paul

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
Re: Annual Summary
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 02:03:12 AM »
I also had a multi-day report which overlapped some daily reports...I was unable to delete it, so I changed the amount to 0.00" and sent them an email asking them to delete it. Waiting for that to happen.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Annual Summary
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
We were reminded the other day by CoCoRaHS Canada to check our past year's data and make changes if needed so I mentioned my duplication and that I was unable to correct it.  They came back saying they would make the correction as only an administrator can edit the data.  They also forwarded this http://www.cocorahs.org/Content.aspx?page=CoCoRaHS_Uses as a reminder on how many use our precipitation reporting.

Paul