Weather Software > GRLevel X Software

GRLevel3 - a great addition to weather hobbyist

(1/3) > >>

carterlake:
Since this is the first post in the new forums, I just wanted to say that any weather hobbyist should give GRLevel3 a very serious look.

I use it for three reasons:

1) Learn more about how NOAA radar works and how doppler radar in general works. This product will really educate on operations of NOAA radar.

2) Awesome real-time interactive radar. You can pan around... zoom in or out... pull up NOAA archives going back to 1997 and view old data. Flip around the country to look at other radars. My wife loves the program for storms. She puts it up on her laptop and it auto updates the radar.

3) Finally, you can publish your own radar data on the internet... to your website. Here is where I wish GRLevel3 had a few more features but it still does a very good job. I still have Weather Underground as a backup but people see CarterLake.org radar first and foremost.

Here's my Radar FAQ page:
http://www.carterlake.org/radarinfo.php

And here's the main radar page:
http://www.carterlake.org/wx5.php

GRLevelX - Download the trial version... it's crippled but gives a good idea of the features.
http://www.grlevelx.com/

anchorageweather:
I have considered investing in something like this for a long time.  I've been looking for a product that  has a "good" street level depiction.  How does GRLevel3 look when really zoomed in?

I'd love to see a screenshot on max zoom.  Maybe next time there is some weather, you can grab one  :wink:

carterlake:

--- Quote from: "anchorageweather" ---I have considered investing in something like this for a long time.  I've been looking for a product that  has a "good" street level depiction.  How does GRLevel3 look when really zoomed in?

I'd love to see a screenshot on max zoom.  Maybe next time there is some weather, you can grab one  :wink:
--- End quote ---

GRlevel3 is a true GIS (geographic information system), so you can install street level data available from the US Census Bureau. Keep in mind though, while the data is "live", the radar data only updates at most every 4 minutes so it's not like you can use it to see exactly when it will hit your house.  :wink:

katlon:
This is the greatest radar software that I have seen yet. The zoom factor is unbelievable.

anchorageweather:

--- Quote from: "carterlake" ---
--- Quote from: "anchorageweather" ---I have considered investing in something like this for a long time.  I've been looking for a product that  has a "good" street level depiction.  How does GRLevel3 look when really zoomed in?

--- End quote ---

GRlevel3 is a true GIS (geographic information system), so you can install street level data available from the US Census Bureau. Keep in mind though, while the data is "live", the radar data only updates at most every 4 minutes so it's not like you can use it to see exactly when it will hit your house.  :wink:

--- End quote ---

If you don't mind me asking - which background are you using here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version