Author Topic: WIFIlogger dropping connection but modem is fine  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
WIFIlogger dropping connection but modem is fine
« on: May 16, 2022, 09:17:51 AM »
My WIFIlogger has dropped connection a couple times in the last few months, first time was a week ago, didn't notice it for a few days as I was having eye surgery and wasn't on the PC. I removed the battery and power cord and it reconnected no problem but lost 3 days data on Weather Underground.
   Today I noticed that it dropped yesterday at 3 pm so I did the same thing but it lost all data from yesterday to today on WU.

I noticed that the on the Davis Weather link site it either doesn't lose connection or it restores the data, if it happens again will check weatherlink before I reset the station

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Re: WIFIlogger dropping connection but modem is fine
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 09:35:42 AM »
Please use the latest firmware.
Then please go to SETUP-> SYSTEM and you will find there option "Auto reboot at:" Please choose suitable hour for you.
This function will reboot WiFiLogger everyday at the time what you choose.
I have multiple feedbacks that this helped with most issues.

Please share with us Your opinion after using this option.

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 01:38:15 PM »
I have to say I am no longer tech savy.  I was able to connect to the "wifilogger setup" network that showed on my laptop, I held down the red button on the logger for 3 seconds a bunch of times, and then for 15 seconds. Nothing happened.  I know at one point I had gotten into the setup when I first started using it but I can't figure out how to get into it again.  I am very frustrated.

I have a pdf called "manual WIFILogger 2018" and it talks about "enable none secure access point network"

I can't see an app to access it or anything.  I guess I will have to unplug the Davis station every few days or at most once a week, take the batteries out and then put them back and plug it in again.

I am lost

Offline BigAlT

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 12:09:28 PM »
Wifi logger isn’t asking you to reset your wifi logger but to access the wifi logger menu by going to the wifi logger home page. Using a browser, enter the IP address of your wifi logger assigned by your router. You will see the setup menu at the right top. Click on the menu. At the bottom is System. Click on it. You will see a setting to activate auto reboot and a time. Enter the time you want and choose to activate auto reboot. Click save. You’re done.
 To install the latest software, go to the System page as indicated above. At the bottom of the page is an option to do an Internet software update. Click on Update using the US Server shown in the box to the left.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 12:42:02 PM by BigAlT »
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 01:24:53 PM »
Wifi logger isn’t asking you to reset your wifi logger but to access the wifi logger menu by going to the wifi logger home page. Using a browser, enter the IP address of your wifi logger assigned by your router. You will see the setup menu at the right top. Click on the menu. At the bottom is System. Click on it. You will see a setting to activate auto reboot and a time. Enter the time you want and choose to activate auto reboot. Click save. You’re done.
 To install the latest software, go to the System page as indicated above. At the bottom of the page is an option to do an Internet software update. Click on Update using the US Server shown in the box to the left.

That let me get right into it, I was doing it wrong b4, so I added the reboot and saved, then I did the update and it downloaded the updates and now for the last 5 minutes it has been doing the same thing over and over, do I just get out of it or what

DavisGetLOOP - data no changed
Client response time: 750
success
RapidFire
DavisGetLOOP - data changed
Connection to rtupdate.wunderground.com failed
RapidFire
Renew RTD
DavisGetLOOP - data no changed

Offline BigAlT

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 02:26:01 PM »
Just re enter  your WiFi Logger IP address and click enter. Sometimes when updating it keeps showing it’s in a loop but it really isn’t. Bringing up the IP address will usually fix that.
 If that doesn’t work. Then unplug the power adapter from your console and remove one of the batteries so your console is completely powered down. Reinstall the battery and power adapter. You should hear three beeps indicating that the WiFi Logger is booting up. When the blue led on the WiFi Logger is flashing pretty regularly, the WiFi Logger is booted up again and communicating.
You should now be able to access it’s home page by just going to it’s IP address.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:41:42 PM by BigAlT »
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 03:59:11 PM »
working fine now, thanks

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 04:42:26 AM »
working fine now, thanks

I'm sorry for being late. I was far from my computer over the weekend.
Like BigAlT explained. I was asking to update WiFiLogger to the newest firmware, then set new option AUTOREBOOT
I hope this will help you. I have very positive confirmations from clients, that this method is working.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »
That is what I did, it is working I will watch to see if the problem occurs again or not. so far so good

Offline Snowda

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 04:22:56 PM »
Same thing happened to me. Working fine for a few weeks and then dropped. Is the only way to get it going again to remove power and batteries from the console?  I couldn't find mention of exactly what the reset button does in the manual.

Thanks,

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 04:29:11 PM »
Click the white button briefly is the same as clicking on Restart on the web interface. It is just  a re-boot. No settings are lost. Restart is often all it needs.

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 05:59:01 PM »
I was told and did, set it up for a reboot every morning at 3 am and haven't had a problem since

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2022, 10:30:36 PM »
I have had a couple hiccups lately that never happened before. I may set that auto boot.

Offline Snowda

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2022, 02:19:50 PM »
Thanks all. White button did a successful reboot and connect. Set the reboot time. Hopefully more stable going forward.

anything