Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 149907 times)

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #1075 on: July 19, 2019, 02:37:38 AM »
Hey guys.
For those who are providing SDR's and/or streams, note I just realized one stream we don't have which is Dayton, OH.  Munsey, Indiana, Cheyenne Wyoming, or Scottsbluff Nebraska.
Scottsbluff was on the wu servers back in 2011 to 2014.  Just realized that, shows how long it's been since I really doug through the old wu playlist files I have and some of their mountpoints to get a feel for that.
Phoenix is up via sdr, as is Dayton, oh.  I'm waiting for some other California streams.  Mainly, santa Barbara, mount diablo and the wolf mountain side of the sacramento link.  Either that one or the sacramento side of it.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #1076 on: July 19, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »
Tulsa, OK hasn't had a station streaming in a long while.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1077 on: July 19, 2019, 03:02:28 PM »
Like I told mike, there is where the sdr's come in.
If someone puts up an rtlsdr and who ever that is happens to be near tulsa, as the signature station it'd be nice to see tulsa back online, on the streams list.
It's technically streaming but on broadcastify, and as Mike, John, Ken and others have noted, the general stream url's that people used to listen to the streams change around every 24 hours.  So who ever wants their stream hear on broadcastify has to supply us with a direct link to their broadcastify feed.
I also haven't heard another one streaming in a while, Norwood, MN, Duluth MN, Jaynesville, WI, Cheyenne, Wy, Scottsbluff, NE, Grand Island, NE, Kearny, NE, North Platte, NE, the Longmont side of the Denver feed, Fort Collins, Greely, co, and a lot of others, springdale Arkansas, and springfield Mo, and Illinois.
Hence why I suggested the sdr's, then someone who can listen and stream at the same time can provide a relyable stream of the weather radio stations around the receiver's site and then that'll make for some exciting new aditions to the streams listed on noaaweatherradio.org
More streams, means more reasons to keep such a good project going.  So the more people able to contribute in more wasy than one gives more streams which inturn gives more life to the project.
The more streams, the more contributions the better the life, the stronger so, Heck how ever many people we can get streaming.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:47:34 PM by brandon86 »

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #1078 on: July 20, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »
how do I Make a Complaint on your site?
Weather Radio Freq: 162.475 MHz
Weather Radio Loc:  Plainwell, MI
Transmitter Call Sign: WWF34
Streaming Status: NN

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #1079 on: July 20, 2019, 09:11:24 PM »
how do I Make a Complaint on your site?

And the complaint is in regard to which site? Brandon's?
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1080 on: July 21, 2019, 01:08:38 PM »
Well if you are referring to sights, it depends.  If it's on this forum, each post has a report to moderator link next to it.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1081 on: July 22, 2019, 12:28:56 AM »
We still need more streams in the tropical states, florida, the coastal sections of the Carolinas, Georgia, Puerto Rico, and It wouldn't hurt to have some in some of the other NWR Territories, like the U.S Vergin Islands and the American Samoa.  We also have never I don't think had a stream from Guam yet.
Other states we don't have streams for include, New Mexico, and thinking about that.  I was glad to know we had the khb46 Batton Rouge stream up during the tropical storm/hurricane Berry.  Glad to know that people were for the most part safe during that storm.  Hopefully this tropical storm season isn't too terribly active.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1082 on: August 06, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »
Hope all are staying weather aware but more over hope all is well.  Haven't seen any new feeds but I bet we wil in soon

Offline hunter362

• Fairmount Hill's Weather
« Reply #1083 on: August 07, 2019, 10:30:16 PM »
If you're plugged into earphone out, it should mute the radio speaker????

This Midland WR120 does not have an Earphone jack only the External Alert jack... and it does not mute it.
Yes that is rather annoying... been meaning to ask this for sometime, I have the same radio, when the weekly test is broadcast on Wed the radio will almost always turn off, same thing when there is an alert, warning lights are still blinking but audio is silent until I press the button again, kills my stream  :roll:

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1084 on: August 18, 2019, 03:05:10 AM »
My stream is back online.
Please be aware that since I am using a ham radio tranciever there will be times that the audio will drop out.
I do have an rtlsdr but my mac that I stream from A, is too old for that and b, I haven't found any blind friendly sdr software to make it go using that.  But the stream is back up.
Just realized that you all have it listed as inactive, it's going.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1085 on: August 29, 2019, 02:00:17 AM »
Hey all.
I think we could bennifit from more live feeds from FLorida especially with this up and coming storm.

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #1086 on: August 30, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
I Would like to see more streams from indiana, michigan, wisconsin, and ohio.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #1087 on: August 30, 2019, 04:48:36 PM »
I often wonder why many of the "newbies" don't sign on... though I can think of a lot of possible excuses... er...reasons

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1088 on: September 15, 2019, 01:14:20 AM »
Surprised no new Idaho NOAA Weather Radio Feeds as of yet.  Flagstaff feed is down.  We haven't had a phoenix feed since at least I wanna say mid 2018.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1089 on: September 26, 2019, 07:30:34 PM »
Did like everyone abandon the forums and completely dissappear?  I'm just wondering, Just saw the last post was mine from ages ago.  At any rate, where are more of our east coast streams, like Jacksonville and other places we haven't gotten back yet?  Are they flying into the sea of outrage?  Just kiddin', ok guys let's bring some more streams on board.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #1090 on: September 27, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »
I've been monitoring the board.  But living in the middle of nowhere North Dakota, there isn't any other streams in my reach to add to the inventory.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline n2jtx

• My Website
« Reply #1091 on: September 27, 2019, 12:51:30 PM »
I have been monitoring this board for over a year as I have been working on a side project but never really had anything to say. I am about 20 miles east of midtown Manhattan and the only stations I can reliably receive here due to KWO35 (162.55) being off the air almost two years now are KZZ31 (162.500) out of Hardyston, NJ and WXL37 (162.475) out of Highland, NY. I am too far west to receive WXM80 (162.475) out of Riverhead (I receive WXL37 on that frequency) and that it is already streamed as is WXL37.

KWO35 is due back on the air soon as they are relocating to the Empire State Building at 750 Watts. I am sure there will be plenty of people streaming that station when it finally returns. My weather radio's have been turned off close to two years now since they cannot receive any other stations without an outside antenna. I receive the two mentioned above on my scanner and I can also receive them on an SDR dongle.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1092 on: September 27, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
Well I could say if you can relyably stream kzz31 why not stream that.  Duplicate streams are not a crime on here.  Anyone's welcome to stream duplicates, in fact, it's encouraged, based on the fact that hey, if one stream goes down we have another stream to fall back on.  Note ow many omaha streams there are.  Or even Greenville SC has 2 streams.  So Yeah duplicates are absolutely a thing.
So Stream away, kzz31 used to be on noaaweatherradio.org up until broadcastify decided to constantly keep changing it's listen url for the public so many times and so often that at the time 53, now 60 broadcastify feeds, I hink 60 now soemone will have to count, but 53 feeds at the time were dropped due to that.
So You're fine.  By the way, I've never been physically to new york city, I wish i could go and see the place for sure.

Offline n2jtx

• My Website
« Reply #1093 on: September 27, 2019, 03:35:21 PM »
I can reliably receive it on a scanner but my streaming tests are rather abysmal. The problem is with the SDR I would use with a Raspberry for streaming. In order to get it to work well, I would need a bandpass filter to only allow 162 MHz with leeway on either side. The problem is there are several strong transmitters near my location (a water tower about 750 feet from me has a lot of RF on it) that desense the SDR enough to kill the distant station. During my stream testing, I would have a good signal and suddenly it would drop out sporadically. The transmitters are public service so they are active frequently 24x7. I have seen 162 MHz bandpass filters for marine AIS use that would work nicely but they cost more than the dongle itself (https://www.tindie.com/products/gpio/ais-receive-band-pass-filter-at-162-mhz/) ](* ,) I do have two old crystal control scanners available (RadioShack handheld PRO-55's) but I only have crystals for 162.475 and 162.55. When KWO35 returns, I doubt desense will be an issue with the SDR since the signal would be very strong. And if it is, the old handheld scanner would work fine since I can cover 162.55.

When I use an SDR with SDRSharp, I can see the color of the waterfall change when one of the transmitters keys up. The problem frequencies are far enough away to be filtered but I need that filter.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1094 on: September 27, 2019, 05:23:20 PM »
Hey guys, I appollogize for the following notice, however until I get someone who knows what they are doing out here to fix this problem it will always be this way.
KZZ52 audio has been replaced with the KIH61 feed from Omaha.
Reason, antenna failior, the smaller antenna which I was using has failed, and my diamond antenna is strictly for amateur use, and thus, I am having to sea saw it between being used with the sdr and being used with the ham transciever.
If the feed is noisy, I will work on that as soon as I can. May change which radio it is streamed from.
If someone in Hankock Iowa wants to continue KZZ52's direct feed, please do assist if possible.
Problem is apparently the magmount's connecter cable may be significantly damaged, shorted or otherwise totaled.  I'm not sure yet as testing has to be ran, but for now, I'm rendering the antenna I use for that useless lest I shall get it to work.
Mag mounts for those reading and not sure what they are, are a magnetic antenna which you can afix to the tin top of a roof, a cookie sheet, or even a metal object of your choice.
I'm using a line of Coax cable which, to my knowledge the cable seems to be good, but I don't think the feedline is damaged here, as much as I think the connector is.
The connecter, a pl259 connecter into an SO239 appears to have significant damage.
I'm not a thousand percent sure, however I'll follow up.
This feed from KIH61 is only temporary, as I'm using that since it's the one nwr I can get consistantly even on barily any if not no antenna at all here.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1095 on: September 27, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »
Looks like my review shows it, the antenna is busted.  Not sure what caused it.The antenna is a dud apparently from what I'm seeing, wish After further review, the ruling on the field stands as called.
THe antenna appears to haf malfunctioned.
Anyone in here who is versed in magmounts, I being blaind cannot resaughter a cable as it si rather dangerous for someone who is blind to even be tampering with a saughtering iron.
What do you recomend so I can get another antenna on the scene so this problem will have a perminent solution.
Or a semiperminent.  As until I can fix it I can't use my antenna that's in the air the way i need to.  The magmount doesn't work so i'm now down to one antenna.
This is significant because the other antenna has to work else I'm no longer going to be able to stream any further to the thing

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1096 on: September 27, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »
Ok take that bck apparently I'm told by one of the other occupents of the house the antenna mount outside is in jeopardy of not being stable.  SO I'm going to have to look into what's wrong.  Idk if moisture got into or on the mount and is now causing it to fail or what, but I'm giong to ahve him help me look at it.
It's working for now but DOn't be to sure.
Sorry for the eruption if you will but it should be noted my biggest area of knowledge is in radio operation in terms of either recieve and transmit and tuning, not so much in the innerds of an antenna and fixing a problem that arises from what ever malfunction it wants to ahve.
But we should be back in business.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #1097 on: October 01, 2019, 08:03:17 PM »
Still no way to get a hold of people who streamed Hastings Nebraska's NWR.
We need more new stations!Now if we can also get new streams for Missouri, Kansas and some other midwest states we'll be able to kee

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #1098 on: October 09, 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
I would like to see KWO39 and WXL64 get streamed

ҴԆϘϞ