Author Topic: AcuRite Connect Stops Sending Data  (Read 591 times)

Offline LeoC4

AcuRite Connect Stops Sending Data
« on: January 20, 2021, 03:32:56 PM »
For the past month or so, my AcuRite Connect has (at least once a day) stopped sending data to MyAcuRite (I get a red bar on the Dashboard).  The sensor data (in the data file) shows that it is logged every 12 minutes, so it doesn't appear to be a sensor problem.  The connection to the Internet has not been lost (as best as I can tell).

I contacted AcuRite to help troubleshoot; they've been unable to identify the cause.  At their suggestion, I've
  • removed and re-installed the AcuRite Connect program
  • confirmed the settings are correct
  • ensured I have the most recent Windows update
  • used a different PC
  • reviewed my Event Viewer for critical errors (none found)
Nothing seems to fix the problem.  As soon as I close-and-reopen AcuRite Connect, the newly received data point is shown; the period it was off-line is shown with a smoothed curve.

Has anyone else experience this problem?  What was the cause?  What should I look for on my PC?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:39:20 PM by LeoC4 »

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: AcuRite Connect Stops Sending Data
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 05:17:32 PM »
Probably not much help … just split balling here a little bit.

Windows 10? New windows update may have changed something.

Mostly Sounds like the PC connect service is being stopped somehow, maybe its being put to sleep.  I would look into the things that could stop services from running. Check the pc power options and virus protection stuff. When it stops working see if you can find the PC connect service and check its status.

How to disable Windows 10's 'USB selective suspend' setting
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline LeoC4

Re: AcuRite Connect Stops Sending Data
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 05:45:25 PM »
After more than a week of back-n-forth with the AcuRite Helpdesk, it hasn't resolved the problem.  The data sent by the sensor is captured every 12 minutes and sent to AcuRite and WeatherUnderground.  WeatherUnderground receives the data even when AcuRite doesn't.

It makes me think the problem is on AcuRite's end, though they haven't been willing to share the record of data that my AcuRite Connect sent to them.

It has me considering a different vendor when I decide to replace this 5 year old device.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:47:00 PM by LeoC4 »

anything