Author Topic: New Atlas display with WiFi  (Read 7940 times)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Re: New Atlas display with WiFi
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2020, 12:03:55 AM »
If they send you a new one here's the video on how to hook it up . Around the 42 second mark shows the display setup ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_YWfwUCTU&feature=emb_logo

Thanks for the suggestions. Everything else on the display is flawless so far and the rounding issue has been corrected compared to the original touchscreen display. I actually did already watch this video as I was trying to figure this out. Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:05:28 AM by Mirwin275 »

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »
Well, I ordered an Atlas with the wifi display and lightning detector as a Christmas gift for someone. I thought I would try this wifi display to make sure the wifi capability works before I give it to them, since I still can not get my wifi display's wifi to work. I had a similar result with the gift one. I got slightly farther, but still unsuccessful with connecting my phone, computer, or iPad to the display's wifi. On my computer it did eventually connect, but when I typed in the IP address 192.168.4.1, it acts like it can't connect to the server. So as of now, I still have no idea. I hope Acurite responds back to me tomorrow. I emailed them last Tuesday when I received mine.

Offline jmello65

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »
Hi ---  That doesnt sound very good -- i just bought the acurite atlas wifi display  --- got it for 40 --  regular 129.99 --  got a 25% off - black friday, plus i had a 59.99 credit . --- Should come from this Monday thru Friday.  Hope i dont have trouble hooking it up

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 05:32:45 PM »
Well, I ordered an Atlas with the wifi display and lightning detector as a Christmas gift for someone. I thought I would try this wifi display to make sure the wifi capability works before I give it to them, since I still can not get my wifi display's wifi to work. I had a similar result with the gift one. I got slightly farther, but still unsuccessful with connecting my phone, computer, or iPad to the display's wifi. On my computer it did eventually connect, but when I typed in the IP address 192.168.4.1, it acts like it can't connect to the server. So as of now, I still have no idea. I hope Acurite responds back to me tomorrow. I emailed them last Tuesday when I received mine.

Did they get a hold of you yet ? If not I would use the chat feature on the acurite support page tomorrow  . I used it today and it took about 1 hour for my turn to come up but they are using it . They are probably closed  now as there in the central time zone .

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2020, 09:14:36 AM »
Does this display show the high and low temperature for the day in addition to the current temperature?

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2020, 09:46:15 AM »
Does this display show the high and low temperature for the day in addition to the current temperature?

No, you need to go into the records menu to see that and it also does not show light intensity, only uv. They did fix the rounding issue that the touchscreen display was doing.

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
Wow.  That's disappointing.  For simple information like "How cold did it get last night?" I need to work through menus.  Sound like a two-steps-forward, one-step-back display.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »
Update. I did get in contact with Acurite through Facebook messenger. They are sending me replacements that will be tested before they ship them. They do want me to return the two displays, which I expected so they can do their testing to see what's up. They are providing a shipping label and hopefully the replacements are in working order and come before Christmas. Who I chatted with on Facebook was very good to me and they were prompt. It seems like this is the quickest way to get in contact with Acurite compared to emailing them. I did include my ticket number and order number so they could easily look up my info.

Offline deftop_h60

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
Yes and see if you pad or computer sees the WIFI display and then connect to it . Worth a short try .

Yes it right here and I quote from the manual " Connect to the Wi-Fi signal coming from your Display using your phone or Wi-Fi compatible device." .

Ok, I shut the router off and tried both my phone and iPad having the same result. Both wouldn't connect to the display's wifi signal with the router being completely disconnected, since I disconnected the power cord.

When you open up your settings/WIFI do you see the display WIFI signal at all ? I don't know how it works on a I-Pad but on androids it would be settings /connections /  WiFi the find the display name or AcuRite name and touch it to connect .

The behavior of the display's wifi signal is that it shows up in the list of networks with full signal, but does not always stay in the list. It continuously appears and disappears from the list and when it is there long enough, it says it can't connect or keeps disconnecting.

I just opened my Atlas and am having the same problem. Did you get a resolution to the WiFi connection issue?

EDIT... I just saw the recent post about Facebook Messenger. I'll try that.

Update: I got ahold of them on Messenger as well and after troubleshooting steps were taken they are shipping another display out and said they will test it before it leaves. Hopefully, it'll work... They were extremely helpful and quick to send out a replacement.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:03:32 AM by deftop_h60 »

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2020, 08:18:41 PM »
I just installed my Atlas yesterday, it took me a couple of tries to connect to the WIFI on the display, I could see it but when I tried to connect to it I got an error message saying it refused to connect, finally I unplugged it and started from scratch and it worked, it has been working perfectly since then, I have it connected to My Acurite and Weather Underground and so far it's working as it should. The display itself is very nice although as others have noted the information on the home screen is a little lacking, this is Acurite's flagship station so it stands to reason it should have the most informative display but it seems like some of the displays of the less expensive 5 in 1 offer more information on the home screen, but overall I am satisfied with it. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »
I received the replacement Atlas wifi displays today and they work as designed. On the boxes, AcuRite actually stamped them "QA Inspected OK". I tested both and so far so good. Reporting to MyAcurite and WU without the Access.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2020, 01:35:04 AM »
So is it even better than Davis Pro 2?

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline mcvoss

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »
Looks like they removed it from their website.

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2020, 12:13:24 AM »
Looks like they removed it from their website.

That can't be good...

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2020, 10:37:19 AM »
Well my display spit the bit, it just won't stay connected to my wifi, I'll reconnect it and a couple hours later I'll check it and it will be disconnected again, with a message asking me to connect to wifi. I'm sure they will make it right as it is less than a month old.

Offline RickInVa

• AcuRite Atlas w/ lightning detection & wind ext
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2020, 03:34:41 PM »
I am like mirwin275 in that I purchased the new acurite WiFi display for Christmas present.  Just installed the weather station and went to set up display and encountered same issue with connecting to WiFi.  Have to wait until acurite reopens next week to get a replacement.  But since they have pulled this display from their site, not sure what they will do.  Really not sure if I want a one-for-one replacement.

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2021, 11:35:37 AM »
This is the response I got, think I'm just going to send the whole thing back.

Chris (AcuRite)

Jan 1, 2021, 8:46 AM CST

Hello David

We are currently investigating the problem with the 06099 Atlas WIFI HD display. We have had a few other customers with the same issues. Once we have a solution to the problem we will update on how to fix the issue for you.
I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2021, 02:01:00 PM »
WOW...what is it with Acurite....they just can't get anything right. This company has taken one too many wrong turns.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2021, 03:16:33 PM »
There website has it at $99 now.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »

Where? I see the link takes you to a display for Acurite Iris...

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2021, 10:04:56 PM »
This is what I got with the results when I searched for it on their website. They only have the original touchscreen display for $99.99.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:07:41 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline RickInVa

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2021, 02:00:27 AM »
Still waiting for acurite to resolve my issues.  I was told by acurite that they took the display off the website because they were out of stock?  Never heard of any online sales site doing that for an item that is still in production.  Will give them until tomorrow before I ping them again.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2021, 10:57:41 AM »

Where? I see the link takes you to a display for Acurite Iris...
On there web site
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline elzebub

• My Weather Dashboard
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2021, 11:11:01 AM »
I spoke to them yesterday and they couldn't give me any kind of time frame as to when the problem will be resolved, told me I could return it if I wanted to, as long as I had the original packaging and it was in new condition, I would still have to pay for return shipping. My personal opinion is that they have a hardware issue and they are waiting for new stock to arrive so they can swap the bad ones out, I kind of got the impression from the conversation I had with them that this is not going to be a quick process.

Offline RickInVa

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:29 PM »
I received the new display as a bundle with the atlas weather station, so I can’t just return the display.  Considering shipping it all back and going with different mfr.

anything