Author Topic: Weatherlink.com - monthly reports  (Read 1389 times)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Weatherlink.com - monthly reports
« on: September 29, 2019, 03:51:57 AM »
For anyone that hasn't spotted it already: The Monthly Summary feature (similar to NOAA Reports in classic Weatherlink) is now available on the Data tab. Since this uses archive data, a Pro subscription is required to see & use this feature. The report is viewable onscreen but I can't get it to print - not sure if it's my PC setup or if printing the report is not yet enabled (in which case hopefully this facility will be added in the near future).
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Weatherlink.com - monthly reports
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 07:49:12 AM »
Screenshot please.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 07:59:30 AM »
Best I can quickly do (for Sept 2019). The report is longer than will fit on my screen hence the inner scrollbar. There are summary values at the foot of the table but that are off the bottom of this screenshot.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:06:09 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up...like it, makes my pro subscription more worth it now.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 01:55:00 PM »
If you "hit" the print option, it downloads as a pdf.   Sadly it is only a basic  data and not a comprehensive of everything under the sun. Of course I can download the data and the process it in Excel or something similar.

Here is mine so far for this month.  I used a grab program to grab the pdf into a jpg for this purpose.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
If you "hit" the print option, it downloads as a pdf.   

OK, that's an interesting observation and PDF is a sensible option for Davis to use. It can only work for basic data, in the first instance at least, because doing any more gets complicated - you need Prowlar for that.

But doesn't work for me I'm afraid. No downloads at all. Was there any extra configuration you did? Possibly it's not fully implemented yet - maybe works for some station types on some AWS servers? Anyone else with a Pro subscription able to try it please - ideally outside the US in case it's a server issue?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 02:16:14 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 03:09:51 PM »
OK, Think I've found the problem - it's a browser+ad blocker issue, which is presumably preventing pop-ups. I've now disabled  Adblock Plus specifically for weatherlink.com (on Win10/Chrome) and the request to print is now able to open a new tab showing the report as a PDF. I suspect that what happens on any given PC will depend on the browser set-up, whether pop-ups are blocked and on how PDFs are set to be handled.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 03:15:19 PM »
Your answer just appeared before I could respond. I just tested with Firefox, Chrome and Edge.
Nothing seems to happen with FF. Edge launches a blank page.
Chrome opens the PDF and I was able to print it. Chrome doesn't have any adblocker active.
I do have the ad blocker active on FF, not sure what is happening on Edge.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline wxmanmhd

• FM Weather
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 09:42:20 PM »
I wrote to Davis the other day since we get snow 5-6 months a year and I add the melted water content to my Davis thru the console. When you do that it does not show up on the monthly report. They told me the “data field” only counts the tips of the gauge and if I want to add tips need to tip the tipper by hand, not feasible in the winter with a 30 mph wind blowing.  Recap: They told actual tips are on all screens and console adjustments only on summary and bulletin screens.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 10:01:12 PM »
They told me the “data field” only counts the tips of the gauge and if I want to add tips need to tip the tipper by hand
:lol:   Surely you jest....