Author Topic: Microsferics TOA network 2022  (Read 1628 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Microsferics TOA network 2022
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2022, 10:29:42 PM »
I had the initial info from Relko, and the notification that it had been transferred to the USPS, but I did not get an automatic notification from USPS.  Somehow Relko was able to get that number, and then he sent that along to me.  That did the trick, but I don't know how he got it, perhaps as the registered sender and not me as the intended recipient.

Hope that helps, and I hope that Relko has the connections to make that work for you.

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
I'm signed up for USPS Informed Delivery, so I get email notifications for any packages that will be arriving via USPS.  Hoping to get an email soon for the TOA kit.

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless
PurpleAir PA-II
Weather Display 10.37S124

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2022, 09:27:34 PM »
I am happy to report that my Microsferics TOA kit arrived sometime last night!  Now I need to find time to set it up - probably next weekend.

-Chris

PurpleAir PA-II

Offline josecmorales

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2022, 11:19:54 AM »
I am happy to report that my Microsferics TOA kit arrived sometime last night!  Now I need to find time to set it up - probably next weekend.

-Chris

Excellent news.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:45:49 AM by josecmorales »
Vantage Pro2 + UV, Airlink, Purpleair, Meteobridge.
Twitter: ClimaGuayana
Blitzortung station: 2934
Weatherlink: ClimaGuayana

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
    • Live Jupiter, FL Weather
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2022, 07:21:07 AM »
Hi Chris, did you ever get a chance to get it installed?

-Chris

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2022, 05:37:44 PM »
I'm not sure how I missed this, but it looks exciting!

I'm really interested in purchasing one, so I have a few questions..

Do you ship to the UK?

"A properly installed system will detect lightning strikes thousands of kilometers/miles away."

Do you have any accuracy stats? For example; a 1000 mile radius?

Many thanks!

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2022, 05:54:22 PM »
Chris:
Like JupiterJoe, I'm curious as to your station's status.

I found mine was very easy to set up and get on the network.

The more stations, the better, and especially at the early  stages.

PLEASE, if there is anything that is holding you up (other than health, family, etc. about which we can not really help), let us know.  If you're unsure about something, or something just didn't work when you expected it to, let him or me know and we'll get as much support as we can in order to expand the network here in the US.
Dale
PS, feel free to private message, too.  Well, at least me and I'm sure he'd not mind either.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2022, 05:55:55 PM »
Mapantz:
I'm not sure about shipping to the UK, but he did to the US, and I think they are based in Germany or Austria. 

If you can't get info from their web site, let me know and I'll look for a link for you   Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2022, 06:00:39 PM »
Mapantz:
I'm not sure about shipping to the UK, but he did to the US, and I think they are based in Germany or Austria. 

If you can't get info from their web site, let me know and I'll look for a link for you   Dale

Hi Dale

I don't see any exclusions to the UK, but things have changed since we left the European Union, and it has made shipping rather tricky.

In the drop-down for shipping, it has "Europe" technically, the UK is in Europe, but not the EU.  :lol:

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2022, 07:47:26 PM »
I can't keep stuff straight here, say nothing about the agreements over there, the EU and who's a member and such.

I'd just go to the microsferic's page and ask.  I usually got an answer very quickly.  It took me a bit to get the unit, but it was almost all tied up in shipping and once it got here things stopped for a week for who knows what reason. 

Let other readers know what you find out.  Dale

https://forum.astrogenic.com/
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2022, 11:57:46 PM »
Chris:
Like JupiterJoe, I'm curious as to your station's status.

I found mine was very easy to set up and get on the network.

The more stations, the better, and especially at the early  stages.

PLEASE, if there is anything that is holding you up (other than health, family, etc. about which we can not really help), let us know.  If you're unsure about something, or something just didn't work when you expected it to, let him or me know and we'll get as much support as we can in order to expand the network here in the US.
Dale
PS, feel free to private message, too.  Well, at least me and I'm sure he'd not mind either.
Dale
Dale and Joe, unfortunately I have not been able to get it set up yet - too many kids' activities this time of year.  I'm hoping to get to it this weekend in between games.  Thank you for checking in and for the offer to help.  I will take you up on that if I run into any problems.

-Chris

PurpleAir PA-II

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2022, 07:16:37 AM »
Chris,
Thanks for the update and I hope our enthusiasm wasn't seeming to be too intrusive. Life goes on, with or without lightning detectors!
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2022, 02:55:29 PM »

Hi Dale

I don't see any exclusions to the UK, but things have changed since we left the European Union, and it has made shipping rather tricky.

In the drop-down for shipping, it has "Europe" technically, the UK is in Europe, but not the EU.  :lol:

you will be the rest of the world pay more shipping, plus you'll be hit by customs (VAT) on top of that price., unless you live in NI like me as we come under the EU and UK  \:D/

try emailing them and get the price of shipping down perhaps.  I just shipped a part from Australia and it was a large package. 5 day delivery with DHL express was about £36 and no VAT tax since we are now in a trade trade agreement with AUS ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 02:57:49 PM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2022, 03:55:17 PM »

you will be the rest of the world pay more shipping, plus you'll be hit by customs (VAT) on top of that price., unless you live in NI like me as we come under the EU and UK  \:D/

try emailing them and get the price of shipping down perhaps.  I just shipped a part from Australia and it was a large package. 5 day delivery with DHL express was about £36 and no VAT tax since we are now in a trade trade agreement with AUS ;)

But it says "Europe" Not "EU" which is what it'd be classed as. In either case, when I go to the checkout, it says "GB"

I've posted on the forum 3 hours ago, but no reply.

Offline JupiterJoe

• Senior Contributor
  • JupiterWX.com
    • Live Jupiter, FL Weather
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2022, 04:15:51 PM »

I've posted on the forum 3 hours ago, but no reply.
Relko usually answers posts earlier in the day Spain time. He’ll get back to you. :)