Author Topic: WU-radar-inc patches  (Read 752 times)

Offline drrehak

WU-radar-inc patches
« on: March 14, 2022, 11:47:45 AM »
I know that WU is disabling a lot of things and WU-radar-inc is on the list to be deprecated.

I was able to get some minimal functionality working.
As of today, the only things that work are mode 1 (close zoom), mode 2 (medium zoom), mode 3 (regional zoom), mode 8 (vis sat), mode 9 (ir sat).

I had to make the following changes to make it work.
1) change the "type=N0R" to "type=NCR" in 5 URLs. ($CityURL, $MetroURL, and the mode 1, 2, 3 URLs).

2) change the limit of $ModePlus to 3 instead of 5 since modes 4 & 5 are no longer available.

3) in the top row of the table that renders the zoom and other controls, comment out the 2 lines for the last 2 zoom levels (5th & 6th URLs in the row; look for 'pic5' and 'pic6').  I didn't bother to try to make this dynamic based on $ModePlus

4) in the code that generates the links for the additional maps below the image, get rid of the links for "Fronts" and "Flu" (I created $dofronts and $doflu and used these to control the display like the other elements).

The N0R->NCR change makes it display current images.  The rest are just getting rid of interface items that no longer works.

Dan Rehak | Pittsburgh PA
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus | Meteobridge Pro
Local Site | Raspberry Pi 4B

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: WU-radar-inc patches
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 04:33:35 PM »
Thanks for taking a look and updating to remove the dead maps.

I've done an update to the script.  Added a $WUradarRegion setting to get regional radar back and removed the dead links, and changed type=N0R to type=NCR.

It's now on the template updates page (Base-USA, *-plugin, 16-Mar-2022)

Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline drrehak

Re: WU-radar-inc patches
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 10:22:52 AM »
Glad to help.

Since I'm running on a Pi, I can't use GRLevelX, so this is my fallback until I do more digging to build a GR3 script for linux.
Dan Rehak | Pittsburgh PA
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus | Meteobridge Pro
Local Site | Raspberry Pi 4B

anything