Author Topic: Ambient Weather WS-2902 won't stay connected to Weather Undergroud  (Read 1245 times)

Offline bbarenz

I recently purchased a W-2902 from Amazon and got it setup to report to weatherunderground. Everything worked fine but it keeps disconnecting and going offline on weatherunderground. If I go back into AmbientWeather website and click Connect it works for a little while then disconnects.

Station ID: KNELOUIS16

Ambient Weather address: 115 Main St, Louisville, NE 68037, USA

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Ambient Weather WS-2902 won't stay connected to Weather Undergroud
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 07:37:07 PM »
It is better to upload to WU directly rather than to do it via Ambientweather.net. Every time Ambientweather.net goes down (which happens sometimes) then your WU updates stop. Your weather station is capable of directly uploading to WU. All you need to do is run the Ambient awnet app on your mobile device and configure the direct upload settings. Skip the middle-man.

Don't forget to turn off the WU upload via Ambientweather.net once you do this. You do not want to be uploading to WU via both methods at the same time. I'm not saying to stop uploading to Ambientweather.net ...rather just be sure to not have Ambientweather.net upload to WU. Your station console is capable of uploading to these various services at the same time; Ambientweather.net, WU, and WeatherCloud. I do recommend that you upload to all of them as a way of having your data in more than one place so that you don't have to rely on one service.

The only reason Ambientweather.net has the ability to upload to WU is because configuring the WU upload on a mobile app can be challenging for some people. Ambient only included this as a way to help those people that gave up on the mobile app configuration. Apparently it can be challenging for some to perfectly type in station ID and device keys into mobile devices instead of doing it on a computer with a real keyboard (that is what Ed told me). The upload to Ambientweather.net is simple because the device does that out of the box and you reference the device via MAC address on their website.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:46:15 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline bbarenz

Re: Ambient Weather WS-2902 won't stay connected to Weather Undergroud
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 01:11:54 AM »
I did as you suggested and it seems to be staying up. Thanks you!